The Neighbors: Cancelled, No Season Three for ABC Comedy

The Neighbors TV show cancel or renew?It’s time for the aliens to go home. ABC has cancelled The Neighbors after two seasons and 44 episodes.

A family sitcom, The Neighbors follows the Weaver clan as they try to live in a beautiful gated community that’s filled with alien visitors from the planet Zabvron. The ensemble castmembers are Jami Gertz, Lenny Venito, Simon Templeman, Toks Olagundoye, Tim Jo, Clara Mamet, Ian Patrick, Isabella Cramp, and Max Charles.

After a first season of mediocre ratings, the series could have been cancelled last May. However, ABC decided to stick with it and scheduled it on Friday nights. Expectations on Fridays are lower but The Neighbors’ ratings ended up being too low for a third season renewal.

Castmate Olagundoye tweeted the news, “Tweeps, I have known since last night, but was not able to share the news until it was announced publicly. #TheNeighbirs has been cancelled”

What do you think? Are you sorry that there won’t be a third season? If you ran the network, would you have cancelled this show?

Jenny May 11, 2014 at 1:19 am

The Neighbors was a great show. This is just another reason for me to cancel cable.

Danyell May 10, 2014 at 4:59 pm

I am so sad that they canceled the show. It was funny and awesome.

Bryan May 10, 2014 at 1:38 pm

Police Squad … Arrested Development … The Neighbors

Charley May 23, 2014 at 10:04 pm

Well said

Debbie May 10, 2014 at 11:39 am

I am sad they cancelled this show. I found it funny, quirky and entertaining. It was refreshing to see something other than “reality” , stupid contests ( think american ninja) and news broadcasting the current murder-war-scandal. Too bad.

Mark May 10, 2014 at 11:24 am

We liked the show. Especially JJK wearing those short skirts. It was well-written and the humor was quirky but that was their intention. Too many people don’t get a show like that. We’ll miss it.

markus98 May 10, 2014 at 10:19 am

Ouch…too bad,i wonder if we can make a petition for a post series tv movie to give proper closure to the series.

Rose May 10, 2014 at 9:13 am

No loss there…. it was so childish.

Barb May 9, 2014 at 10:36 pm

Wow I can’t believe it. I LOVED this show. It was quirky and fun. The humor was great. To me it was the funniest show I’ve seen in a decade aside from Big Bang Theory. I was looking forward to that great moment when Larry Bird gave birth! Who knows, maybe they’ll make a Neighbors movie!

Darth_Phoenix May 9, 2014 at 6:59 pm

Meh, seemed like nothing but a 3rd Rock rio off to jr.

Kimberly May 9, 2014 at 5:09 pm

I am so bummed that they cancelled The Neighbors. I loved the puns & their sense of humor. I was really hoping that they would give this show one last season- having humans living next to the aliens would have made for a good season. :(

Twilight2000 May 9, 2014 at 5:07 pm

Really? You cancelled this gem? Remember @ABC, with no advertising, a lot of us didn’t even know this existed till VERY recently!

Please – give it a 3rd season and ADVERTISE it – so we can all find it and watch it! The Neighbors is a WONDERFUL show!

Drew May 9, 2014 at 4:30 pm

An intelligent show on network TV? Didn’t have a chance, the way they marketed it. I’ll miss the Bird-Kersees so much. and the puns.

Carolyn May 9, 2014 at 4:12 pm

I am devastated to hear that this show is cancelled. It is one of the most funny, unusual shows on TV and worthy of a third season. My whole family gathered around the TV on Friday nights at 8:30 to watch it…including a teenager and a pre-teen. Bring it back!!! There was still so much story line to explore!!

Chuck May 9, 2014 at 3:08 pm

Really enjoyed this show…it’s going to be missed. It was a fun 1/2 hour comedy that made the crap in this world go away after a long day of work – the writing was funny – the characters were funny – why cancel it?? Is there a chance it can move over to ABC Family??

Snowdogmom May 9, 2014 at 2:00 pm

I liked this show. One of the few comedies I watched along with The Big Bang Theory and Modern Family. It figures it was cancelled. Not sure what people are watching these days but obviously not what I’m watching, so few choices that aren’t totally boring. How shows like How I Met Your Mother can last for so long that I found totally boring and not at all funny is beyond me. Not liking any of the comedies on these days like The Middle, Suburgatory, The Millers, The Crazy Ones, Mom, Two Broke Girls. Wish CBS would put Two and Half Men out of it’s misery.