The Neighbors

ABC TV series The NeighborsNetwork: ABC
Episodes: 44 (half-hour)
Seasons: Two

TV show dates: September 26, 2012 — April 11, 2014
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Lenny Venito, Jami Gertz, Clara Mamet, Max Charles, Isabella Cramp, Simon Templeman, Toks Olagundoye, Ian Patrick, and Tim Jo.

current TV show

TV show description:
This sitcom revolves around an All-American family who ends up moving into a very unusual neighborhood.

Marty Weaver (Lenny Venito) just wants the best for his wife Debbie (Jami Gertz) and their three kids; Amber (Clara Mamet), Max (Max Charles), Abby (Isabella Cramp). That’s why he’s moves them to Hidden Hills — a New Jersey gated community that has its own golf course. Marty is certain that their new home will be a dream come true — until they meet the neighbors.

The residents of Hidden Hills are a little different to say the least. Larry Bird (Simon Templeman) introduces himself as the leader of the community. Then, he presents his wife, Jackie Joyner-Kersee (Toks Olagundoye) and their two sons, Dick Butkus (Ian Patrick) and Reggie Jackson (Tim Jo).

As Debbie and Marty try to make sense of their weird neighbors, they discover that the entire Hidden Hills community is comprised of aliens from the planet Zabvron. It turns out the Zabvronians have been holed up in Hidden Hills for the past 10 years, awaiting instructions from their home world. The Weavers are the first humans who have ever lived amongst them.

At first, the Weavers are ready to head for the hills but the aliens seem harmless enough. So, they decide to stay and help their new neighbors adapt to life on our confusing planet.

As the Weavers and the aliens face the struggles of everyday life together, they discover that some things — the ups and downs of marriage, the desire to be a good parent and raise a happy family — are universal. The Weavers also realize they’ve found an ally in the family next door — even if they do cry out of their ears.

space

Series Finale

Episode #44 — There Goes the Neighbors’ Hood
Larry learns that he is pregnant and makes a decision about returning home or staying with the rest of the Zabvronians. Meanwhile, Reggie must also decide if he wants to stay himself or turn human, and the families see two new visitors arriving at the neighborhood (Candace Cameron and Scott Weinger reunite from Full House to guest star).
First aired: April 11, 2014.

space

What do you think? Do you like The Neighbors TV show? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a third season?

Kris March 30, 2013 at 8:59 pm

I really like this show and find it refreshing! It is VERY intelligently written, and some of the humor is so intelligent and so subtle that not everyone will get it. Kudos to the writers. It started out slowly, I think, and built from there. I think the writing gets better every week! It really is a diamond in the rough. Don’t make another mistake, ABC, by cancelling this one.

Sharon March 29, 2013 at 10:31 pm

Great show! One of the few shows we watch as a family. We even watch episodes more than once. We really like this show. Don’t cancel it!

Raven March 27, 2013 at 6:03 pm

Don’t count this one out!! People are finding it and it is refreshing and fun!! The cast is amazing and break out stars!!

Think Big Bang Theory… you have to give this show more then 5 min it grows on you and you can’t get enough. More marketing and more time the fans of geek shows will come they are a loyal group and know how to spend money!!

This is a diamond in the rough and it just need more time, think Firefly think How I Met Your Mother. This is the little show that can!!

Joeann Thomas March 22, 2013 at 11:27 pm

DON’T TOUCH MY SHOW

anonymous March 9, 2013 at 10:44 am

I have loved this show from the beginning. I think it is really funny, warm hearted and just plain enjoyable. I was afraid it would be cancelled, I am not surprised but very disappointed. There are so many shows alot less entertaining, The Middle, 2 Broke Girls, to name at least 2 that are left on. I just don’t get it. Less reality shows and more entertaining shows like this that make you laugh and think just don’t go over well with most TV watchers, apparently.

Simon January 31, 2013 at 4:35 pm

Love Love this show – just too funny.

Anonymous December 5, 2012 at 9:18 am

This show is really funny. I look forward to it each week.

murrah November 28, 2012 at 11:29 pm

The show is hilarious!!

wildthang November 28, 2012 at 8:31 pm

Love it! It’s just for laughs people – quit being so serious about everything! It is so refreshing to not have to watch killing, lying, deceit, and unnatural gender roles. I agree about bringing decency back and those old shows mentioned are great, but… we can only choose from what is presented and so I watch this as just a fun thing to watch.

PJ November 15, 2012 at 10:29 pm

Love the show nice to relax and just laugh too much killing in the other showd

Duckgaroux October 26, 2012 at 11:49 pm

This show really isn’t fnny. It’s fu**ing stupid. I watched 5 minutes and felt like I was in hell. All I remember it was last week’s episode if I remember well enough (10/21 or 10/14 – something like that) they were preparing the children for school. The whole pimple joke was not funny and utterly sickening. It was like that one scene in that sh*t Seltzer-berg film, Date Movie. If this crap is the future of television, I’m gonna become Omish. I say screw the morals of people these days, screw the bar. I suppose the majority of people that like this kiss Honey Boo Boo’s behind. It’s sick what we live in today. I’m not trying to be mean – I’m just pointing out guys, there was once a vast of womderful shows like Glligan’s Island, The Partridge Family, WKRP in Cincinnati – now it just seems as if everything has turned into the Jerry Springer or Maury Povich variety hour. Fun fact: I hate my generation – I’m only eighteen. I blame my parents’ generation for this. I blame the soulessness of the media and corporations. Please remove this smut and bring back decency to America’s youth with real humor and not just a bunch of twa*s with whacky antics. Hope I gave insight into what America has become. Deuces.
— Justin “Duckgaroux”

Duckgaroux October 26, 2012 at 11:51 pm

**Edit** – I’m just pointing out guys, there was once a vast of world of wonderful shows…

Anonymous October 12, 2012 at 9:06 am

I like it, it makes me laugh in every episode and there are,good actors

Anonymous October 12, 2012 at 9:05 am

I think this show has great actors and every episode so far has made me laugh, I wanna see where the show is going to go.

Matt Dillon October 8, 2012 at 9:59 am

This show is HORRIBLE!!!

Anonymous September 26, 2012 at 6:56 pm

Where is
Suburgatory? Who picks this garbage? Worst show ever! Should be fired!