The Neighbors

ABC TV series The NeighborsNetwork: ABC
Episodes: 44 (half-hour)
Seasons: Two

TV show dates: September 26, 2012 – April 11, 2014
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Lenny Venito, Jami Gertz, Clara Mamet, Max Charles, Isabella Cramp, Simon Templeman, Toks Olagundoye, Ian Patrick, and Tim Jo.

current TV show

TV show description:
This sitcom revolves around an All-American family who ends up moving into a very unusual neighborhood.

Marty Weaver (Lenny Venito) just wants the best for his wife Debbie (Jami Gertz) and their three kids; Amber (Clara Mamet), Max (Max Charles), Abby (Isabella Cramp). That’s why he’s moves them to Hidden Hills — a New Jersey gated community that has its own golf course. Marty is certain that their new home will be a dream come true — until they meet the neighbors.

The residents of Hidden Hills are a little different to say the least. Larry Bird (Simon Templeman) introduces himself as the leader of the community. Then, he presents his wife, Jackie Joyner-Kersee (Toks Olagundoye) and their two sons, Dick Butkus (Ian Patrick) and Reggie Jackson (Tim Jo).

As Debbie and Marty try to make sense of their weird neighbors, they discover that the entire Hidden Hills community is comprised of aliens from the planet Zabvron. It turns out the Zabvronians have been holed up in Hidden Hills for the past 10 years, awaiting instructions from their home world. The Weavers are the first humans who have ever lived amongst them.

At first, the Weavers are ready to head for the hills but the aliens seem harmless enough. So, they decide to stay and help their new neighbors adapt to life on our confusing planet.

As the Weavers and the aliens face the struggles of everyday life together, they discover that some things — the ups and downs of marriage, the desire to be a good parent and raise a happy family — are universal. The Weavers also realize they’ve found an ally in the family next door — even if they do cry out of their ears.

space

Series Finale

Episode #44 — There Goes the Neighbors’ Hood
Larry learns that he is pregnant and makes a decision about returning home or staying with the rest of the Zabvronians. Meanwhile, Reggie must also decide if he wants to stay himself or turn human, and the families see two new visitors arriving at the neighborhood (Candace Cameron and Scott Weinger reunite from Full House to guest star).
First aired: April 11, 2014.

space

What do you think? Do you like The Neighbors TV show? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a third season?

Dan April 10, 2013 at 10:04 pm

It def should not be canceled, the neighbors is one of the funniest shows on the characters are great. Larry Bird is such a great character

Fran April 10, 2013 at 8:06 pm

It’s a wonderful show with great actors. Please do not cancel it.

Ereno April 10, 2013 at 7:59 pm

I love this show, its hilarious! Please keep it on air.

Lisa C April 10, 2013 at 7:25 pm

Love this show! Great fun family entertainment!

c April 10, 2013 at 7:08 pm

Please keep!! Funny and can watch with the whole family!!!
love it!

Chrissy April 5, 2013 at 10:56 pm

PLEASE!… DON’T CANCEL THIS SHOW ITS HILARIOUS!!!!!! :D

Diana April 5, 2013 at 9:00 pm

I sure hope this show has not been cancelled. It always makes me laugh! Good family entertainment!!! Please say it will be back!

ronie tracy April 4, 2013 at 10:18 pm

best new comedy series on tv! smart, well written and funny as well – great casting and acting – please keep on!!!

Pat Nyitray April 4, 2013 at 9:05 pm

I wasn’t prepared to love this show…I do and I hope it comes back! It is just fun!

Barb April 4, 2013 at 4:32 pm

Please keep The Neighbors on. I love it and tell others how funny and refreshing it is.

stitchy April 3, 2013 at 9:16 pm

Thought this show was disgusting before I even saw the first episode. Sure glad it is gone.

Julie April 3, 2013 at 4:28 pm

I love The Neighbors! A great show that keeps me laughing! I tell all my friends to watch and I can’t wait for wednesday to see it again! I am sad that it is not on tonight and a new show is taking it’s slot! Please keep this show airing! It is one of the best!

Mark Rodgers March 31, 2013 at 9:44 pm

This show makes me laugh out loud and finishes with a bit of warmth. There’s Great chemistry between the cast and all have perfect comic timing. Love the show. Each episode was as good as the last. Please renew. Thanks.

Wendy March 30, 2013 at 11:53 pm

“The Neighbors” is truly a delightful, well-done and precious show! We wouldn’t miss an episode. It uniquely presents our joys and frailties. Everyone we have told to watch this show is absolutely enamored of it. Excellent writing and acting, but you can’t compare it to anything else. It is its own entity. It doesn’t delve into the “booty” jokes of some of the more popular shows. Just an enjoyable show full of laughs and things to ponder. It would be a tragedy if this show were cancelled. It is head and shoulders above the vast majority of comedies on television. Keep up the great work!

Zac March 30, 2013 at 9:19 pm

I want to point out that “Duckgaroux” gave the show a terrible review but admitted in his comment that he, “only watched 5 minutes and thought it was f-ing stupid”. He didn’t even watch it long enough! The show is GOLD! I love every aspect about it and don’t have use profanity to show it! :) Keep up the good work ABC and the cast of The Neighbors! I have already gotten most of my friends and family to love it! :) ABC can count on me to bring them more and more viewers! Not anyone that I recommended to watch it said they hated it! :) Here is hoping for Season 2 of The Neighbors! :)