The Neighbors

ABC TV series The NeighborsNetwork: ABC
Episodes: 44 (half-hour)
Seasons: Two

TV show dates: September 26, 2012 — April 11, 2014
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Lenny Venito, Jami Gertz, Clara Mamet, Max Charles, Isabella Cramp, Simon Templeman, Toks Olagundoye, Ian Patrick, and Tim Jo.

TV show description:
This sitcom revolves around an All-American family who ends up moving into a very unusual neighborhood.

Marty Weaver (Lenny Venito) just wants the best for his wife Debbie (Jami Gertz) and their three kids; Amber (Clara Mamet), Max (Max Charles), Abby (Isabella Cramp). That’s why he’s moves them to Hidden Hills — a New Jersey gated community that has its own golf course. Marty is certain that their new home will be a dream come true — until they meet the neighbors.

The residents of Hidden Hills are a little different to say the least. Larry Bird (Simon Templeman) introduces himself as the leader of the community. Then, he presents his wife, Jackie Joyner-Kersee (Toks Olagundoye) and their two sons, Dick Butkus (Ian Patrick) and Reggie Jackson (Tim Jo).

As Debbie and Marty try to make sense of their weird neighbors, they discover that the entire Hidden Hills community is comprised of aliens from the planet Zabvron. It turns out the Zabvronians have been holed up in Hidden Hills for the past 10 years, awaiting instructions from their home world. The Weavers are the first humans who have ever lived amongst them.

At first, the Weavers are ready to head for the hills but the aliens seem harmless enough. So, they decide to stay and help their new neighbors adapt to life on our confusing planet.

As the Weavers and the aliens face the struggles of everyday life together, they discover that some things — the ups and downs of marriage, the desire to be a good parent and raise a happy family — are universal. The Weavers also realize they’ve found an ally in the family next door — even if they do cry out of their ears.

Series Finale:
Episode #44 — There Goes the Neighbors’ Hood
Larry learns that he is pregnant and makes a decision about returning home or staying with the rest of the Zabvronians. Meanwhile, Reggie must also decide if he wants to stay himself or turn human, and the families see two new visitors arriving at the neighborhood (Candace Cameron and Scott Weinger reunite from Full House to guest star).
First aired: April 11, 2014.

What do you think? Do you like The Neighbors TV show? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a third season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

188 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. sabrina says

The whole family LOVES the NEIGHBORS and the MIDDLE it brings us together for an hour every week and leads to lots of jokes and quotes. Please keep it.

2. Julia says

I LOVE The Neighbors. ABC has a nasty habit of cancelling all the shows I like, so I’m not holding out much hope for another year in Hidden Hills. That’s too bad, because The Neighbors is the best show they have. It’s well written, the characters are interesting (love me some Dick Butkus).

What I like best about The Neighbors is that they don’t rely on insults, crude language and rudeness in the name of comedy. Too bad this isn’t more common.

If a previous poster knew his history, he’d see that The Neighbors does have the feel of those “womderful” shows of the past. It reminds me of Green Acres.

PLEASE, ABC, KEEP THE NEIGHBORS!

3. Zy Vo says

I hope an pray the neighbor come back on, these new shows like how to live with your parents sucks,no comedy what’s so ever. My whole family which is diverse as well absolutely love that show.

4. Kathy says

I enjoy the humor and the cast immensely. I make a point of watching it every week and look forward to it. I hope, I hope, I hope it gets renewed.

5. gloria johnson says

My family and I love the Neighbors. It’s not often that the whole family can sit together and watch. We find the neighbors a great family show.

6. g. gentry says

I like The Neighbors. On Wed. night, The Middle is best, then The Neighbors-Modern Family and Subergatory are tied. Please keep both Neighbors and Subergatory.This new show about the girl moving back with parents is not very interesting. Only watched 1/2 first episode. Couldn’t stay interested.

7. Albert Lehmicke says

This is absolutely my favorite show! The stories are unique, the characters like nobody else in the world. And the humor, subtle but screaming funny! How the heck can they get those kids to say what they do without looking silly? The girl scout show was unbelievable. I knew the sweat shop was coming, but still the group acting was unparalleled. I also like the romantic addition. Now, what happened to the show? Last two Wednesday evenings, gone!! No warning. Please tell me where it went.

8. Sarah says

I loved this show my ENTIRE family looked forward to it. I HATE that they haved seemed to replace it with yet another inapropriate show (Suburgatory)

9. nik says

Love The Neighbors one of the few shows the whole famliy likes. With a busy work, school, & home life it’s a nice (and rare) break for us to all chill and laugh together!