The Night Shift: Season Two Renewal for NBC Series

Night Shift TV show season 2NBC has renewed The Night Shift for a second season of 14 episodes. Earlier today, executive producer Gabe Sachs tweeted, “THE NIGHT SHIFT HAS JUST BEEN PICKED UP FOR SEASON 2!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I JUST GOT THE CALL!!!!! THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!!!”

The Night Shift revolves around the quirky but devoted staffmembers of San Antonio Memorial Hospital who work from dusk til dawn. The cast of the medical drama includes Eoin Macken, Jill Flint, Ken Leung, Brendan Fehr, Daniella Alonso, Robert Bailey Jr., Jeananne Goossen. J.R. Lemon, and Freddy Rodriguez.

With America’s Got Talent (NBC’s top-rated summer series) as a lead-in, The Night Shift has been performing pretty well for the peacock network — averaging a 1.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 6.68 million total viewers.

What do you think? Do you like Night Shift? Will you watch a second season or, should it be cancelled instead?

joey November 19, 2014 at 5:25 pm

Think this is a great show hope it lasts, I was also a fan of ironside and have no clue why people didn’t watch… Maybe they can give that show another run at a different day and tie slot…

Emma chalfin November 17, 2014 at 8:54 pm

Keep it on!!!!!!!!
I absolutely love this show!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!

Michael Cifelli November 10, 2014 at 10:13 am

I would not hold your breath that this series will make the full season. Now , I don’t like this show. But, people do. How many shows have we seen, with a far better cast and known actors get yanked with far better numbers. Does anyone remember Monday Mornings? It was a who’s who in names for a cast. Numbers so much better then this show it’s night and day. That show did not make it episode 11. And it was a far more unique show, and without all the violations of ER protocol. That is just to name one. The lead in is AGT. People should really hope Howard Stern returns to that show, or that show’s ratings will drop and this show Night Shift will lose enough viewers it will be gone. I don’t think with a 1.6 it will make it much further anyway. I am confused by it actually. But don’t be offended, we all have different tastes. Nothing has come close to ER since it went off. And in fact the numbers were still very strong on that show and could have easily made it to 20 years. This show just does not have anything unique enough for me. If it makes it to season 3 I will start over and catch up and try to watch it all and maybe I will take to it. But for now, I know all to well for a show with these low numbers, they just don’t make it. Monday Mornings should have made it. I actually enjoyed that show. Numbers were good for a new show. But yanked just like so many. Anyone remember the show The Cleaner? Great numbers, in fact three to four times the amount this show has easily. Yanked due to the nature of the show. Business men telling us what is good for us and what is not. For those who love the show, I hope it stays on for you. But don’t get to attached yet.

Mary Powers October 24, 2014 at 7:27 pm

LOVE THIS SHOW!!!I am so excited that they are renewing The Night Shift. Cant wait to see what happens to the two lovebirds even though she is engaged…..

Mary November 15, 2014 at 11:59 pm

Is this still on?? Cant find it!! Love and miss it!

Brenda October 23, 2014 at 8:14 pm

I love this show and why don’t they look at another age demographic?

Connie October 20, 2014 at 9:05 pm

I love this show. Good decision. I hate it when the shows that the fans seem to love get cancelled and the one’s that the producers like end of staying. Please start listening to the fans!

Michael Cifelli November 10, 2014 at 10:21 am

Connie, although this show is not for me, I agree with you and I hope it stays on for the fans who love it. I wish one station would actually give new shows a chance and listen to the fans who love it. This show’s numbers are really low and they have renewed for another 14 episodes for season 2. But that does not mean after 5 episodes they wont yank it off the air. If they gave these shows more time they just might see a huge hit. Fans talk, a lot!!!! It can spread. Remember Cheers? It was dead last in the ratings. Nobody thought it would make season 2. Then not only was it number 1 for most years, but it gave Seinfeld a career. His show did okay, but nothing like it did when cheers gave Jerry their time slot. The night and lead in was perfect for Seinfeld. If they did that to this day, I think we would see far more hits and loved shows, and less broken hearts by the fans. Please listen to the fans is right!

Linda October 19, 2014 at 8:17 am

I’m looking forward to season 2 of the Night Shift. One of the most brilliant shows of 2014. Wonderful Cast, great story line, and a honest behind the blind eye of what is behind a persons life. I’m thrilled to see that it is coming back. Thank you..

Ken Gourlay October 12, 2014 at 9:24 pm

Great show, cannot wait for season 2..

Maria allen October 3, 2014 at 7:03 pm

Love, this show The Night Shift please let us know when the second series will start PLEASE HURRY!!

SkyKat September 28, 2014 at 3:01 am

This show will be a definite hit. It has even picked up a big following in China. Network producers would be ill advised to cancel. Population of China is almost 2 billion and growing. Something to think about…

Anonymous September 26, 2014 at 6:47 pm

Love this show . Can’t wait for new season.

Debbie Roland September 24, 2014 at 8:58 pm

So glad u decided to renew this series.. cant wait to hear when it will start airing.. Absolutely loved this show !!

Sandra Hewell September 24, 2014 at 4:16 am

Can’t wait until it’s back on again…I absolutely LOVE the show.

carla Thurston September 23, 2014 at 9:46 pm

I am sooo looking forward to The night Shift coming back. LOVE LOVE LOVE It….hope to hear when they’ll be back on.