The Night Shift: Season Two Renewal for NBC Series

Night Shift TV show season 2NBC has renewed The Night Shift for a second season of 14 episodes. Earlier today, executive producer Gabe Sachs tweeted, “THE NIGHT SHIFT HAS JUST BEEN PICKED UP FOR SEASON 2!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I JUST GOT THE CALL!!!!! THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!!!”

The Night Shift revolves around the quirky but devoted staffmembers of San Antonio Memorial Hospital who work from dusk til dawn. The cast of the medical drama includes Eoin Macken, Jill Flint, Ken Leung, Brendan Fehr, Daniella Alonso, Robert Bailey Jr., Jeananne Goossen. J.R. Lemon, and Freddy Rodriguez.

With America’s Got Talent (NBC’s top-rated summer series) as a lead-in, The Night Shift has been performing pretty well for the peacock network — averaging a 1.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 6.68 million total viewers.

What do you think? Do you like Night Shift? Will you watch a second season or, should it be cancelled instead?

Canceled and renewed TV show

235 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Mary says

I love this show. It’s nice to get a drama that isn’t always about murders. This show always keeps you on your toes you never know what’s really going to happen. Many of my friends never have time to watch it when it airs so we all watch it in the NBC app.

2. Casey says

I Love The NightShift! Based on the background story of the War Veterans, this Series will be better than Grey’s Anatomy!

3. Anonymous says

Love night shift. Finally a show I love that is actually staying on the air! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

4. Anonymous says

I love this show. There has not really been a good Medical drama since the TV show “ER” went off the air. Night Shift is an excellent show and I can hardly wait for its return in season 2!!!

5. Anonymous says

I really enjoyed this show on tv and always looked forward to watching it every week. I’m really happy it has been renewed for a second season!!! Yayyy!!!

6. anonymous says

There are so many awful shows on tv now. This was not one of them…I am so happy someone with a brain decided to renew!

• Brandon says

Love your comment, I’m surprised the season is only 14 episodes, but I’ll take it…fave episode was when the one doc was looking after his bf…Can’t wait for new season!