The Nine Lives of Chloe King: TV Show Cancelled; No Season Two

Nine Lives of Chloe King canceled season twoABC Family has decided to pull the plug on their freshman drama The Nine Lives of Chloe King. The TV series lasted for 10 episodes, running from June 14th until August 16th.

The Nine Lives of Chloe King debuted to 2.2 million viewers and was cable’s fourth-highest rated show amoung females 12-34. Unfortunately, over the course of the season, audience interest waned and the season (now series) finale attracted a little more than one million viewers. It was the least-watched summer series on ABC Family.

Based on a series of books by Liz Braswell, the TV series revolves around a teenager named Chloe King (Skyler Samuels) who discovers that she is the descendant of an ancient race with cat-like heightened abilities.

The last episode aired on August 16th and unfortunately left storylines unresolved. On the positive side, for fans who haven’t had enough, Braswell has written three books in the series and there’s likely to be more.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that Chloe King has been cancelled and won’t be back for a second season? How would you have ended the series?

Rich October 10, 2011 at 1:08 am

I loved this show. My schedule means I watch everything via Hulu or Netflix instead of live, but my daughter & I became addicted after 1 show and eagerly waited the next one being released. I think it managed to capture some of the same feel as the first few seasons of Buffy:TVS? anyway, we watched the “summer finale” and I went online to see when we would be put out of the misery the cliffhanger caused…. and immediately discovered that it had been cancelled. My daughter cried. I seriously considered it. the only good point is I can now buy the books to find out WTF happened.

shuckclod October 9, 2011 at 9:26 pm

I also loved the show. I DVR all my shows, so I don’t know how that count those. Secret life should be cancelled, that show is so boring now. I would have thought this one would have beat out switched at birth.. You should bring it back. Pretty Little Liars is my favorite on the channel, and I am above your target aged group.

Mels October 8, 2011 at 10:12 am

I love this show and miss it so much! Cant believe they cancelled, ugh.

Jessica October 5, 2011 at 11:55 pm

WHY? I finally found a show I liked. I didn’t have time to watch it over the summer so I watched it online. Can’t ABCF see that not everyone likes drama???? That some people might like action and excitement. This is ridiculous. Sure there is a book but it’s not the same. You can’t watch all the but kicking action and the real emotion you feel watching things play out for you to actually see. This is why I never watch ABCF anymore, all the shows suck.

chloe October 5, 2011 at 4:28 pm

i told them too turn it off so all u people wont be able to watch it because I HATE CHLOE KING

DELILAH October 5, 2011 at 4:29 pm

I LOVE IT Y WOULD U TURN IT OFF

delilah October 5, 2011 at 4:23 pm

please put chloe king back on please i will do anything

Karah October 4, 2011 at 8:30 pm

Ugh, why did they have to cancle this show! I was soo adicted to it practically. Just because the show didnt have enough viewers? I mean, come on! Some people can’t watch it when it is actually on! We like to watch it on demand, or online. It just isn’t fair to us fans. It also isn’t fair to Skyler Samuels. She must be heart broken that her show has been cancelled. After she was soo excited about it, and it really was a good show. If only they brought it back for just one more episode……….Just to give us fans some answers. Not all people like to read you know.

Jacqui October 1, 2011 at 11:42 pm

This just pisses me off. FIRST of all, why the hell did you start the show, spend so much money and advertising and stuff, end it with a cliffhanger, and then go OH, btw, WE’RE NOT FINISHING IT!?!?! SECOND of all, why would you cancel THIS show, but continue stupid effing Secret Life, which no one even LIKES anymore, because all it’s about is sex and cheaters and liars.
As for what I wanted to see happen some time in the 2nd season:
I wanted Brian’s dad to find out all the details…about Brian dating Chloe, about his henchwoman lying to him, all of it. Obviously, he hates the Mai, but he also hates his henchwoman/bed partner.
I wanted Chloe and Alek together. I know, I know, she thought she was in love with Brian, but honestly, I think it’s because Brian, aside from that kid in the first episode (Xavier), was the first guy to show real interest in her. Alek is just better suited for her, imho. But yeah, i wanted those two together.
Valentina and Jazmine are both attempting to recuperate and rebuild their relationship, but Valentina has some issues with the poison, and isn’t doing so well.
Obviously, Xane gets his butt kicked by Alek, but before Alek can kill him, Jazmine makes a noise that means she’s still alive, and Xane escapes. Quite a bit of the 2nd season would have to do with Alek attempting to find Xane and figure out how they’re related.
I want Chloe to finally tell her mom what she is, and for Amy and Paul to be a bit more…helpful. Like, give them some sort of skills!
I’m sure you’ve noticed I’ve ignored Brian. Not because he’s dead. (I don’t think he is, because remember Xavier? He didn’t die because of Chloe…he died because of that one member of the Order…so maybe the whole thing about Mai and humans not being able to mate is just a myth, perpetuated by both sides (whether on purpose or not really doesn’t matter)). But Brian finds out what Chloe is, and right after finds out from his dad what the Mai did to his mom. He then hates the Mai, but never eally stops loving Chloe. So he gets involved in all the anti-Mai stuff his dad is involved in, but every time he comes close to killing Chloe, he can’t bring himself to do it. At the same time, however, they can never be together, because she hates who he’s become, and he hates what she is (as much as he may love her. Kind of like, if she was a hooker, and he loved her, but hated what she did for a living).
Ugh. I’m so angry that they cancelled this show.

galaxygirl77 October 9, 2011 at 10:23 am

That would be a nice second season start, if they made one. maybe if people would stop watching those other crappy shows that hae basically nothing but teens having sex all the time and stealing someone else’s boyfriend, they might bring tnlock back.

Madeline September 29, 2011 at 3:58 pm

This is bad decision by ABC Family! 9 Lives was a great show with a totally new kind of story. I think ABC Family needs to move into the 21st century when measuring viewers. Not all of us watch the show the night of airing. I for one always watch it on Hulu. ABC Family should at least sell the show to SyFy!

chloe September 20, 2011 at 2:12 pm

O BTW The book is NOTHING like the show not eveb the story line. And there will only be three books in the series she resolved everything in the last book
Spoiler
Sad to say chloe ends up with Brian, aylec ends up with Amy Tue curse about mai and humans is lifted and there is a truce between the mai and the order.

chloe September 20, 2011 at 1:56 pm

It was one of the best shows on tv but they advertised it wrong. They should have advertised some more action rather than the love triangle. It was left unresolved, and in my opinion they should do something about it. I suggest a tv movie so they can resolve the issues and satisfy the fans. Plus it was the only show a 13 year old like me can actually get into without hearing discussion about sex in every freaking scene.

Marcus September 20, 2011 at 7:11 am

Once again ABC Family proves that the can come up with good original programming that I can watch with My sons, We LOVED KyleXY, and then just cancel it, without notice, leaving major questions unanswered on a cliffhanger ending. We will no longer be watching ABCF, what a waste of time. Again and again the networks are continuing to prove they are going the way of the dinosaur, that cable is slowly pushing them out. Wake up ABC, it’s not just 3 channels anymore, we have HUNDREDS to choose from and you are becoming less and less important as you show that you do not care about the people who watch your channel. Try explaining that to your advertisers, that LOYAL fans buy things, those who don’t care, don’t bother.

Julie September 19, 2011 at 3:41 pm

I’m heartbroken that it’s over. I honestly thought it had a good chance of getting renewed.

carmen September 19, 2011 at 10:33 am

Loved the show and sorry to see it leave the airwaves. Would like to see it come back.

Belleboo September 18, 2011 at 10:03 pm

I definitely won’t be watching the other shows on abc family anymore. This show was the only one on the network that wasn’t the same old crap. Yet again, anything different that doesn’t fit in with girls running around half dressed never seems to get a second look.