The Nine Lives of Chloe King: ABC Family Developing a New Movie

The Nine Lives of Chloe King movieIt looks like Chloe King may indeed have nine lives, or at least her show may have a second one. At today’s ABC Family session of the Television Critics Association Press Tour, president Michael Riley said that a TV movie of cancelled The Nine Lives of Chloe King may be coming.

The Nine Lives of Chloe King was cancelled in September following a less-than-successful season of 10 episodes. Like many ongoing serials that end prematurely, Chloe King left viewers with lots of unanswered questions. In the final episode, Chloe (Skyler Samuels) lost another of her lives and was kissed by Brian (Grey Damon) — who then died (?) from the contact. Alek (Benjamin Stone) walked in on his brother Zane (Daniel Sharman) as he stood over Jasmine (Alyssa Diaz) and Valentina (Alicia Coppola) as they are dying from poison.

Interestingly, Riley prefers not to talk about the cable channel’s decisions to cancel certain shows and that includes Chloe King. He said, “We never talk about cancelling shows at ABC Family. We always make sure we air all of our productions because for us, it’s very much a long-term view. Honestly, we love all of our shows, and Chloe King is such a great example of just an amazing show. We loved the cast, we loved the writing in that show. For us, it was about making some decisions. We had to choose between what we thought was resonating stronger with the audience.”

Riley continued, “We are actually on the verge of putting a movie into development. For us, we are always looking at the intellectual property that we’re capitalizing on and making sure there is opportunity.” He emphasized that the projects not a done deal yet however, saying, “We are just looking at it in development right now. The idea is very much to capitalize on the storytelling that’s already been in place.”

What do you think? Would you like to see a Chloe King movie? What other “cancelled” ABC Family shows should be given a second look?

Vicky i feel angry because the cancelled TNLOCK July 16, 2013 at 7:15 am

I WANT THE SHOW BACK!!!! I don’t live in U.S.A. but i find it 2 years after it finishe and i feel bad that i didn’t find it when it was playing on ABC Family and i have read the books and i’ve fell inlove with the book and the series and it would be AMAZING if they would make it a movie and bring back the series. I know it was WAY too diffrent the series from the book but i LOVED THEM and i want them back and we are too many fans and you can’t left us hanging there wait for more.

unanimous May 20, 2013 at 9:13 pm

I love this show. Bring It back,but with the same cast:-)

Milette April 5, 2013 at 11:27 pm

I will like to see the show back on… I lovet very very much… But if the movie comes out I will buy and go to see it… So please do some thing about the show… I die to see it…..

Milette April 5, 2013 at 11:24 pm

I will like the show back on..

katherine March 17, 2013 at 11:53 pm

I feel that it is completely necessary to finish things up. However if she ends up with Brian I think I may have a heart attack #teamalek

Shanice February 5, 2013 at 5:02 pm

Would love to have a movie made!!! And would enjoy the series to return on tv. I actually still have all 10 episodes saved on my dvr and are them as I type this. Please bring it back and or make the movie!!

breanna smith January 21, 2013 at 10:53 am

yes they should absolutely make movie! too bad it wasnt thought of when Kyle XY was cancelled and left with a really great cliffhanger but so glad its in mind for them and we get to see it back on the tv :)

hey people im just as sad as you are January 4, 2013 at 4:03 am

Bring the show back how it was. Haven you heared the saying finish what you’ve started.

hey people im just as sad as you are January 4, 2013 at 3:55 am

Please just bring the tv show back. How it was.The Nine Lives Of Chloe King was the best thing that has happen to ABC Family and you people just take it away.Haven u people heard the saying finish what u stated.

Victoria December 28, 2012 at 3:42 pm

I want the show to come back i miss it so much everyday i think about if its going to come back. Everything was getting so juciy with alek and chloe. I watched it since the first episode and i wanted them to go out because they make a great couple. I mean all the times they kissed. They were meant to be together. I have both the books i read them over and over again because i cant get enough of it. I also want Pretty Little Liars to come back i miss watching it and i dont like toby now because he is A. Also about chloe king the people who cancelled it just left all of thier fans or viewers hanging they didnt warn us that t was going to end. I just hope they make the right choice and make a m movie or come back with the show just come back we miss you so much.PLEASE. COME BACK TO US WE NEED TO FIND OUT MORE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

rosemary December 27, 2012 at 1:16 pm

hoping for a nine lives of chloe king movie

sophie October 7, 2012 at 3:31 pm

they should really bring it back things were getting really good on the show im seriously in live with the show …….PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kitana James September 3, 2012 at 4:04 pm

I want the nine live of Chloe king to come back it was an AMAZING SHOW and I’m serious.. I mean the situations and the solutions every episode had me wanting more please bring it back! And I want it the same way it was before no changes it was great better than the lying games and Beverly hills nanny I dnt even watch tht I watched Chloe king every time it was on! Plzzzzzz bring it bck :)

Tanisha August 30, 2012 at 12:29 pm

The show was awesome the nine lives of Chloe king should totally came back and what’s goin on with the lying game

Linda August 26, 2012 at 3:10 am

Hoping for a movie! <3 but only if it's the same actors!