The Nine Lives of Chloe King: ABC Family Developing a New Movie

The Nine Lives of Chloe King movieIt looks like Chloe King may indeed have nine lives, or at least her show may have a second one. At today’s ABC Family session of the Television Critics Association Press Tour, president Michael Riley said that a TV movie of cancelled The Nine Lives of Chloe King may be coming.

The Nine Lives of Chloe King was cancelled in September following a less-than-successful season of 10 episodes. Like many ongoing serials that end prematurely, Chloe King left viewers with lots of unanswered questions. In the final episode, Chloe (Skyler Samuels) lost another of her lives and was kissed by Brian (Grey Damon) — who then died (?) from the contact. Alek (Benjamin Stone) walked in on his brother Zane (Daniel Sharman) as he stood over Jasmine (Alyssa Diaz) and Valentina (Alicia Coppola) as they are dying from poison.

Interestingly, Riley prefers not to talk about the cable channel’s decisions to cancel certain shows and that includes Chloe King. He said, “We never talk about cancelling shows at ABC Family. We always make sure we air all of our productions because for us, it’s very much a long-term view. Honestly, we love all of our shows, and Chloe King is such a great example of just an amazing show. We loved the cast, we loved the writing in that show. For us, it was about making some decisions. We had to choose between what we thought was resonating stronger with the audience.”

Riley continued, “We are actually on the verge of putting a movie into development. For us, we are always looking at the intellectual property that we’re capitalizing on and making sure there is opportunity.” He emphasized that the projects not a done deal yet however, saying, “We are just looking at it in development right now. The idea is very much to capitalize on the storytelling that’s already been in place.”

What do you think? Would you like to see a Chloe King movie? What other “cancelled” ABC Family shows should be given a second look?

Canceled and renewed TV show

182 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Anonymous says

P.s you just made the cast and crew member lose their job. They get on a TV show and it gets cancelled. Way to boost their self esteem about their acting career.

2. Anonymous says

You always keep your viewers hanging and wondering things. That’s no way to keep your audience interesting in your channel, there better be some more nine lives or fans will become more furious with your network because you keep repeatedly doing this. Think about the fans for once and get rid of the sucky shows instead of keeping them running. You should introduced more shows like nine lives and people will watch your channel more.

3. Anonymous says

I just watched the whole season on Netflix within one day & I fell inlove & now I’m finding out there might be no second season ?!??? are you freaking kidding me ! I personally think they should of made a movie first than made it into a show , that would of made it even
    more popular than what it should have been ! this show is amazing & I would hate it so much if they actually left us clueless abt what happened with everyone !
    PLEASE BRING IT BACK !! :'(
    how many freaking begs does it take from the fans to make the show come back !
    clearly ppl love it

4. says

i hate the people that cancelled our show and if i where there i would beat that person for canclling our show and i wish there was another season i mean come on they left us hangin in the last episode and every body wants to know whats going to happin next but they left us hangin with no more episodes to find out what happened next .Im pised . I mean come on who would leave us hangin like that

5. Anonymous says

i cant believe you could canncel it after a season finale like that! Really come on! at LEAST give us a movie but we would love the series to continue

6. Anonymous says

i LOVE this show i really want it to be a series so please dont cancel it! We can recruit new people! PLEASE just give it a second chance!

7. Anonymous says

i have never watched the ABC family in my life. But when i heard about the program, me and my best friend were absolute captured by it, and we watched all day the ABC family for chloe king. So, i think that you have to reinsert it.
    P.S. FOR ALL THE FANS OF THE NINE LIVES OF CHLOE KING I SUGGEST TO COMPLAIN, COMPLAIN, COMPLAIN…………………. UNTIL IT IS ON AGAIN

8. Anonymous says

I really liked the series …this is scrappy that your cancleing it…do u not care about your viewers??? Wtf…a movie is ok I guess but I would prefer the series to keep going! But whatever be selfish!

9. Cesarina Somogy says

ABC has already cancelled ALL the shows I loved including this one and I will boycott ABC if they can’t at least bring a movie finale to this series. We have lost Cane, The Gates, and so many others that I don’t really know if I will bother with anymore ABC series since they all tend to be cancelled without further notices or completions and that is NOT the way to attract viewers, but it will definitely keep them away indefinitely. Let’s see if for once ABC can please at some of its viewers.