The Nine Lives of Chloe King: ABC Family Developing a New Movie

The Nine Lives of Chloe King movieIt looks like Chloe King may indeed have nine lives, or at least her show may have a second one. At today’s ABC Family session of the Television Critics Association Press Tour, president Michael Riley said that a TV movie of cancelled The Nine Lives of Chloe King may be coming.

The Nine Lives of Chloe King was cancelled in September following a less-than-successful season of 10 episodes. Like many ongoing serials that end prematurely, Chloe King left viewers with lots of unanswered questions. In the final episode, Chloe (Skyler Samuels) lost another of her lives and was kissed by Brian (Grey Damon) — who then died (?) from the contact. Alek (Benjamin Stone) walked in on his brother Zane (Daniel Sharman) as he stood over Jasmine (Alyssa Diaz) and Valentina (Alicia Coppola) as they are dying from poison.

Interestingly, Riley prefers not to talk about the cable channel’s decisions to cancel certain shows and that includes Chloe King. He said, “We never talk about cancelling shows at ABC Family. We always make sure we air all of our productions because for us, it’s very much a long-term view. Honestly, we love all of our shows, and Chloe King is such a great example of just an amazing show. We loved the cast, we loved the writing in that show. For us, it was about making some decisions. We had to choose between what we thought was resonating stronger with the audience.”

Riley continued, “We are actually on the verge of putting a movie into development. For us, we are always looking at the intellectual property that we’re capitalizing on and making sure there is opportunity.” He emphasized that the projects not a done deal yet however, saying, “We are just looking at it in development right now. The idea is very much to capitalize on the storytelling that’s already been in place.”

What do you think? Would you like to see a Chloe King movie? What other “cancelled” ABC Family shows should be given a second look?

Paola August 18, 2012 at 6:07 pm

Honestly i would have prefered if they continued the show seris but a movie is definatelybetter than nothing. I want them to keep the origial charqcters because we all fell in love with them THEY ARE AMAZING! What would have been totally cool was that if they ran out of ideas for the show they should have had an idea contest for an episode or two. Like fans could write theyre on script or story for that episode and then abc family could have maybe put it into production. That would have given it TONS of publicity an the ratings would have been higher

Seriously I LOVE CHLOE KING! Bring it back please :)

angelina August 18, 2012 at 3:11 pm

bring the show back pleassssse!!! i loved this show! i guess a movie would be okay but i love the cast :(

Ang August 12, 2012 at 10:45 pm

I would prefer season 2 than a movie, but a movie is better than nothing. A couple of tele movies would be better. I reaise a second season would be hard as some of the actors are now involved with other shows

Cristy August 4, 2012 at 11:36 pm

Please make another season or movie as long as there’s an actual ending… It was amazing and deserves a better finale…. Don’t hesitate just do it :)

Cristy August 4, 2012 at 11:37 pm

DON’T CHANGE THE CAST!!!! They are perfect as is…once we fall in love with characters it’s not the same when u change the face…it’s great just as is!

Anonymous July 28, 2012 at 11:45 am

make a second seasonnn!

Chloe July 23, 2012 at 9:56 am

If u do make the series then DON’T CHANGE THE CAST!!!!!!!!!!! They r the best together and I don’t really care for a movie.

Kayla July 21, 2012 at 4:30 pm

BRING THE NINE LIVES OF CHLOE KING BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPEN. YOU JUST CAN’T LEAVE A PERSON HANGING!
EVERYONE OF IS SHOULD KNOW WHAT HAPPEN BRING IT BACK!!!!!!!

Em July 19, 2012 at 11:07 pm

I would like a movie or a show it doesn’t matter to me I just want to know the ending.

Kylee July 18, 2012 at 10:13 am

I think that they should bring back The Nine Lives of Chloe King because this show was amazing and it was not cool the way it was ended. I love this show and i need more!!!!!!!

Jean July 3, 2012 at 2:50 am

I need more when I found out the series was canceled I wrote to a to a ton of different tv companies to see if they would pick it up!!! I need more PLEASE I fell so in love with the show and amazing cast please bring it back anyway possible! I don’t care how I just need more then the ten episodes that left it so very very open..

Rednight July 1, 2012 at 9:21 pm

Please bring back the amazing tv show & cast! It’s so hard to find unique shows & movies that are a new type of storyline, theory & stays interesting! Please do the right & smart thing & bring it back!

Kayla July 1, 2012 at 7:56 pm

my mother and i were looking forward to watching Nine Lives at night. when it stopped showing, we didn’t even know they cancelled it! i had to go to the website to find out. my mother and i would LOVE for the show to come back, but we would settle for a movie…as long as we find out what happens to chloe, brian, alek,etc. please consider filming a movie or continuing the show,thanks.(:

Sonia June 30, 2012 at 3:09 pm

I’d rather have the show back, but a movie would be better than never seeing this great cast together again!!!

Brittany June 30, 2012 at 1:23 pm

Guys ABC is not going to bring this back, they cancel the best and most unique shows all the time. Face it, they don’t care what the fans want, ABC probably just ran out of ideas or didn’t really like the show like we do so they did what they always do. That’s probably why they won’t give us a real answer on why the cancelled it. Hell The Lying Game had less views then this and they kept that piece of shit show even though it’s the same thing as Pretty Little Liars or Ringer pretty much. I hate ABC cause all they do is take down amazing shows. I say to hell with ABC!

Taylor June 30, 2012 at 12:18 pm

BRING THE SHOWS BACK plz i dont want a movie i want the series.!!!!!!!