The O.C.: Cast Wraps Final Episode & Says Goodbye

The Spiderman from Season 2 on The O.C.As the fans of The O.C. know all too well, FOX cancelled the drama early last month after four seasons. Many people were upset and campaigned for the CW network to pick up the series for a fifth season. Unfortunately, that didn’t happen so there are just a few episodes left before we say goodbye to the families and friends from Southern California.

The cast and crew of The O.C. wrapped their final episode on Friday and it sounds like creator Josh Schwartz has a lot of interesting and satisfying plot twists in store. Before the cast departed for the last time, they shared their favorite memories and their feelings about the show’s demise.

Rachel Bilson (Summer Roberts): “Favorite moment or scene: I like the episode last year where at prom I got really drunk and fell off the stage and it was my first time doing a stunt, so I like to brag and tell people that I can do stunts. Oh, the Spiderman kiss of course. The Spiderman kiss was so cool.”

Peter Gallagher (Sandy Cohen): “It’s sad, because I saw great things for this show. But it’s exciting because I am looking forward to doing something else. I’ll miss this crew and this cast but it’s also the longest job I’ve ever had in my life. I guess my favorite moment was the day I read the pilot script. That was very exciting. And I certainly loved singing in the second season.”

Should The O.C. be cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Autumn Reeser (Taylor Townsend): “I think the show has definitely made me more confident as an actor because I have been acting for a long time but never every single day of my life. It teaches you to come to work when you are sick and to come to work when you are exhausted and to come to work even though you’ve only had two hours of sleep and still do the work… because you have to.”

Willa Holland (Kaitlin Cooper): “I definitely feel like I am losing my favorite show to watch and my favorite show to be on, so watching it end is really depressing and sad.”

Benjamin McKenzie (Ryan Atwood): “I just want to thank everyone for watching for four years. And supporting us. It’s meant a lot. It’ll be a shame to have to move on. But life goes on.”

Adam Brody (Seth Cohen): “Thanks for watching. I hope you enjoyed it. If you are upset, don’t worry, there are DVDs.”

Melinda Clarke (Julie Cooper): “It’s a little bittersweet, a little sad, but I think we are all happy with the way it is ending. The audience will be very satisfied with the storyline. They won’t feel there is anything left to question.”

The series finale of The O.C. will air on Thursday, February 22nd on FOX. Don’t miss it and stay tuned! TV Series Finale home page

Addition: Disney just announced that all four seasons of The O.C. and One Tree Hill will be broadcast on their SOAPnet cable channel. Both will air Monday-Friday beginning April 9th.

Related links
The O.C. on DVD || The O.C. music || Exclusive The O.C. Boutique

karly December 3, 2008 at 3:19 pm

I Dont Want The OC To End Its The Best Show Ever!!!!!!:) Season 5 Plz :)

Michelle June 11, 2008 at 12:39 pm

The o.c is like the best show ever!!!! I have all dvd’s and I watch it every single day… I just can’t get enough of it.:)..wich is why I was soooo sad when it ended!!!…..Seth was soo funny and summer was awesome… ryan so hot…..julie hilarious!!!!!! Everyone was great! so Why end it ……..I’m so sad:(

Tayler April 7, 2008 at 5:09 pm

My name is taylor, there is nothing wrong with my name than you marissa, you suck. I think all the guys that were on the show were very good looking.

Mariisa April 7, 2008 at 5:06 pm

I HATED TAYLOR SHE SUCKES SO BAD, AND I AM GLAD THAT MARISSA DIED THAT WAS THE BEST PART OF THE SHOW I THINK. AND THE GUYS WERE SO NASTY YUCK. TAYLOR IS SUCH AN UGLY BITCH,WHO WOULD NAME THERE KID TAYLOR ANYHOW. DUMB NAME

Jessica Cromwell April 7, 2008 at 5:02 pm

I am gonna miss the O.C I watch it every single day even though I have the collection of the O.C I don’t miss an episode. I would love to meet the cast of O.C that would make my dream come true if that ever happened.

meghan November 19, 2007 at 4:25 pm

Omg, this is the best show that ever was on tv!!! it souldn’t have been canceled!There sould have been a 5 th season!
I LUV O.C!

Cheyenne November 14, 2007 at 3:21 pm

I LUV O.C!

Paola November 9, 2007 at 10:26 am

The OC ROCKSS!! They shouldnt have cancelled it.

justina November 7, 2007 at 5:43 am

i love this show so badlly am just so happy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

disappointed October 26, 2007 at 4:38 pm

I started watching The OC at the start. I enjoyed it but Marissa just became far too annoying so i stopped watching it. Killing her off was the best thing in the show and consequently i began to watch it again. It was so much better than before and i was hooked good n proper this time. Then they decided to axe it. Right up to the Earthquake episode was compulsive viewing. Great stuff. Then came the final episode. What a joke….It was like missing out half a season! So much so i had to check i hadnt missed any! Sorry but im sorely disappointed with Fox and the hurried fashion they made the writers churn this out. Sad for the show, the writers, the cast and the fans but i hope this one bites Fox in the ass!

Alex October 9, 2007 at 4:26 am

I agree, this is the worst mistake Fox could of done, the O.C was the best show ever! =( Sad that it’s gone, now I have to find a new best show ever! =P Anyways I will miss the O.C and the cast, and 1 thing’s for sure, I’m not watching Fox anymore.

ALI August 3, 2007 at 2:53 am

yer im disapointed that it is over but its cool and Willa Holland ur beautiful

AHAHAHAHA June 30, 2007 at 8:15 pm

AHAHAHAHAH MARISSA’S DEAD! her acting is crap, she can’t act to save her life, her part was boring and blande. the only good part was when she was making out with alex.! the rest, a pathetic resemblance of the people i hate the most, snobby rich bitchs!

-J

Vanessa June 27, 2007 at 2:28 pm

I don’t want the OC to end!!!!!!!

MJ12 June 7, 2007 at 8:38 am

Wow, I stopped watching from season 2. Sad that it has ended. I luved seth, he was soo funny…even though its script, I dont think anyone couldve done a better job at making me laugh. Ryan sucked. All in all, great show.

But nothing beats stargate and smallville, nothing!

I was so pissed after the stupid ending of SG-1, it was my life, I even planned different types of endings I would like, and they failed me.

So cheer up guys, I got over SG-1 ending on a stupid note, life goes on.

Bring back the O.C I say, take off E.R instead.