The Originals

The Originals TV show on CWNetwork: The CW
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: October 3, 2013 – TBD
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Joseph Morgan, Daniel Gillies, Claire Holt, Phoebe Tonkin, Charles Michael Davis, Daniella Pineda, Leah Pipes, and Danielle Campbell.

current TV show

TV show description:
This dramatic series is a spin-off of The Vampire Diaries.

A thousand years ago, the Original Vampire family swore to each other that “Family is power.” They pledged to remain together, always and forever. Now, hundreds of years later, the bonds of family are broken. Time, tragedy and hunger for power have torn the Original Family apart.

Klaus Mikaelson (Joseph Morgan) is the original vampire-werewolf hybrid and he’s now returned to New Orleans, the city his family helped build. It’s the same city from which he and his siblings, Elijah (Daniel Gillies) and Rebekah (Claire Holt), were exiled a century ago by their relentless hunter father.

He’s drawn back by a mysterious tip that a plot is brewing against him in the supernatural French Quarter. Klaus is surprised that the city still feels like home to him — despite the fact that he’s been away for decades.

Curious as to why Klaus would return to the one place he swore he would never set foot again, Elijah follows his brother and learns that Klaus’ onetime flame, the beautiful and rebellious werewolf Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin), has also come to the French Quarter. She’s searching for clues about her family history.

Hayley has fallen into the hands of a powerful witch named Sophie Deveraux (Daniella Pineda). When Sophie reveals to the brothers the unbelievable news that Hayley is carrying Klaus’ unborn child, Elijah realizes that the Original family has been given a second chance at humanity and the redemption they desperately crave.

Klaus is not so easily convinced that a potential heir is of any importance. He’s more intrigued by his recent unexpected reunion with his former protégé, Marcel (Charles Michael Davis). He’s a charismatic but diabolical vampire who now has total control over the human and supernatural inhabitants of New Orleans.

Tensions between the town’s supernatural factions — vampires, witches, werewolves and humans — are nearing a breaking point as Marcel commands his devoted followers and rules with absolute power. For Klaus, the idea of answering to his powerful protégé is unthinkable.

As Klaus vows to reclaim what was once his — the power, the city and his family — he realizes that Elijah is right and that his unborn child could be the key to the Originals’ return to power.

While they wait for their sister Rebekah to join them in New Orleans, Klaus and Elijah form an uneasy alliance with Sophie and her community of witches. Sophie has been turned into a revolutionary by the loss of her own sister at Marcel’s hands, and by the mysterious disappearance of a young witch named Davina (Danielle Campbell). She is willing to do anything – including making a deal with the Original family – to break Marcel’s power over the witches of the French Quarter.

Even the human population of the Quarter is unwittingly drawn into this supernatural battleground. A recent arrival to New Orleans, Cami (Leah Pipes) is a whip-smart psychology grad student who appears happy to pursue her studies by day and work nights as a bartender. She’s unaware that many of her customers are vampires.

Hiding the dark secret that has brought her to New Orleans, Cami soon finds herself fascinated by both Klaus and Marcel, and totally unaware of the danger that they pose for her and everyone around her.

Now, in the midst of a thriving New Orleans, a city known to be steeped in magic and history, the long-smoldering war is about to reach a fever pitch, and the Originals stand as the catalyst. As lines are drawn and strategies are laid out, one truth will echo through the French Quarter – power begins and ends with family.

space

Series Finale

Episode #TBD
This TV series has not ended yet.
First aired: TBD

space
What do you think? Do you like The Originals TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for another season?

James June 15, 2014 at 11:06 pm

Renew the show

shannon May 13, 2014 at 10:39 pm

Love the show renew it. Please don’t cancel.

Angela May 13, 2014 at 7:04 pm

Keep The Originals and Vampire Diaries on. They help me escape the horrors of real life!!!

nina April 24, 2014 at 2:34 pm

I love The Originals. Make sure that all the originals are there. I hope to see for next few years. My favorite is Nicklaus is brother. He is dashing .. A true gentlemen. Love the heat between him an Hayley. Should make sure they play on that.. The sister darn she’s quite desperate. Would love to see her not that way but where’s the fun in that..

joey maglio March 14, 2014 at 5:19 pm

Does anyone remember that tv series called Star Trek. That series was canceled only after 70 episodes. Guess what !! 50 years later they are still making movies about it . This series The Originals not only appeals to the younger generation, but to the older one as well which I am a part of. The baseline of the series is attracting both the younger and the middle aged audiences. It is basically about the love of family. It doesn’t matter what subject the stories follow because even in the most dire situations of trial and tribuations, their love for one another always triumphs. Compared to all the other silly themes some of the other shows follow, you can give me family and love anytime. I for one will be watching it for as long as it is on which I hope will be many seasons. The actors protraying this family are extremely well gifted in the arts and I would follow them in anything that they are playing in. Hopfully the network realizes this,and doesn’t make the same mistake as the Star Trek network executives did. Wouldn’t it be a shame.

Betz January 9, 2014 at 7:25 pm

Love it Keep it

Nate December 5, 2013 at 11:40 am

The Originals has officially became my #1 Vampire show moving past The Vampire Diaries!!!! I hope that the producers are able to write many more seasons of The Originals!!!

Jess December 3, 2013 at 8:35 pm

Love love love this show!!

Trisha November 19, 2013 at 7:55 pm

I love this better than vampire diaries! I wish you were on a different night though. I have to Dvr ncis for hubby and marvel for son so I can only watch it on my bedroom tv.

sharon November 14, 2013 at 5:33 pm

I think its better than the vampire diaries really enjoying it

BKD November 9, 2013 at 3:13 am

Loving this show, I had not seen such a great spin off in a long time…plus, I really think the original family deserved their own show and if they were not gonna release Caroline from Tyler for Klaus the had to manage other way to make things right for him; he might have a bad temper but it’s not hard to empathize with the guy, I mean he’s sooo terribly lonely and ruled by his “issues”, same goes for Rebekah…

erin October 4, 2013 at 12:13 pm

THIS IS THE BEST SHOW THIS IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDING TO ALL THE VIWERS OUT THERE TO WATCH

Ale October 4, 2013 at 2:33 am

Why Did The Pilot ep that they aired looks so different from the one I saw once on the web site? that one mached your description of the story the best

BKD November 9, 2013 at 3:09 am

There are sort of 2 versions of the Pilot, but they do not contradict each other.
The 1st one was aired as an episode from The Vampire Diaries’ 4th season, it was clear that it was promoting a spin off series since this particular episode’s plot had nothing to do with the current storyline from TVD at the time, but was instead telling a sidestory involving JUST the original family, their past and a few other characters that were secondary to TVD.
The 2nd one, was the pilot as the first episode for the ACTUAL new series The Originals, telling pretty much the same story but involving other point of views and a little more information.

Sharon October 3, 2013 at 11:37 pm

Does it have anything to do with the Vampire dairies? I am going to try this show since I like good vampire stories but I could not get into the Vampire diaries.

admin October 3, 2013 at 11:39 pm

Yes it is. I forgot to mention that in the description. :)

Linda Hayes October 3, 2013 at 10:31 pm

I`ve been looking forward to this will be a good follow up to Vampire Diaries…