The Paradise: Cancelled After Two Seasons

The Paradise canceled, no season threeWhile Mr. Selfridge has supposedly been renewed, BBC1 has pulled the plug on The Paradise. There won’t be a third season for the period drama.

The Paradise revolves around the people who work and shop at the first English department store. Set in 1875, castmembers have included Emun Elliott, Joanna Vanderham, Elaine Cassidy, Sarah Lancashire, Matthew McNulty, Peter Wight, David Hayman, Stephen Wight, Sonya Cassidy, Ruby Bentall, Finn Burridge, and Patrick Malahide.

Of the cancellation, a BBC spokesperson said, “We are incredibly proud to have made two successful series of period drama The Paradise for BBC1. However, in order to make room for new dramas to come through, The Paradise won’t be returning.”

The show airs on PBS here in the US and only the first season has been shown. That ended in November and there’s been no word of airing the second season yet.

What do you think? Have you seen The Paradise? Would you watch season two? Are you sorry it’s been cancelled?

SAVA July 30, 2014 at 4:32 pm

I loved The Paradise and I am very disappointed that it has been discontinued. Such an elegant, romantic, lovely story!

Wendy Fairchild July 28, 2014 at 4:28 pm

Please reconsider your decision to cancel The Paradise. This is a lovely show, very well acted and written, and if a few actors need to be replaced, so be it. This is television viewing at it’s best, and has only recently made it across the pond for viewing by your American fans who clearly have deemed this very worthy!!!! Sorry, but I found it much more appealing than Mr Selfridge. Please continue to produce The Paradise.

J.A.B July 27, 2014 at 9:45 pm

I just re watched season one on Netflix, only to learn of the series cancelation. Such a disappointment! Mr. Selfridge isn’t nearly as interesting. Won’t you reconsider your decision? The story does have an ending. Who better to take us there than you?

Michelle July 27, 2014 at 7:00 pm

I loved season one of the Paradise and have been waiting for season two. I am very disappointed of the cancellation by the network. Please reconsider this series for renewal. Its worth your time.

lily July 24, 2014 at 3:34 pm

Beautiful! Watched first season on Netflix can’t wait to watch the second season.
Sad to hear that this program has ended. Please reconsider.

Kim July 24, 2014 at 8:05 am

I just spent all night watching season 1 of The Paradise and LOVED it! I also thoroughly enjoy Mr. Selfridge. The two shows have some similarities, but really are different. I’m turly sorry I won’t be enjoying a 3 season of The Paradise.

Polly July 23, 2014 at 11:43 am

I never got into Mr. Selfridge. The Paradise was more interesting and I’m sorry you didn’t renew. Loved Lark Rise to Candelford and Foyles War. Brits make nice series that are a pleasure to watch.

Kenneth Edmonson July 23, 2014 at 7:37 am

I certainly enjoyed the show and I could not get into Mr Selfridge. I would be sad to see The Paradise cancelled and would love to see it extended.

Mil July 23, 2014 at 2:02 am

Please don’t cancel loved this series it was my sisters night get together show

Stephanie July 22, 2014 at 9:57 pm

I love The Paradise. My girl’s and I watched this show together. I didn’t really care for Selfridge, but this show really appealed to us. Please reconsider extending this series.

Richard July 22, 2014 at 8:59 pm

Please reconsider the decision not to extend “The Paradise”. It is a great series in the tradition of “Downton Abby” and “Lark Rise to Candleford”. Anxious to see season 2, hope to see additional seasons.

Yvonne July 22, 2014 at 8:27 pm

I love The Paradise! I’ve just started watching, and I am already on episode 8. I am very disappointed that it is not to be continued!

Donna Locastro July 23, 2014 at 4:40 pm

We need to save this beautiful show, please help by signing and sharing this petition. #SaveTheParadise

Click Here: http://goo.gl/O7ZEoQ

Visit Save The Paradise facebook page. There is an ongoing campaign to try to get a third series re-commissioned. Help support The Paradise!

Candice July 22, 2014 at 5:28 pm

I just cannot make myself like Mr. Selfridge, but I loved The Paradise. The acting was excellent and stories varied and interesting. Sorry to hear it’s been cancelled.

Anonymous July 21, 2014 at 7:31 am

Was sad to hear of cancellation , we really enjoyed the first season, would love to at least see season 2

Lisa July 19, 2014 at 5:09 pm

Loved season 1 on netflix. Looking forward season 2. Sorry to hear it won’t be coming back. Great show and actors. Please reconsider your decision.