The Playboy Club: Premiere Ratings

The Playboy Club ratingsLast night, NBC once again tried to find a successful drama to air at 10pm, opposite Hawaii Five-0 on CBS and Castle on ABC. They haven’t found it in The Playboy Club.

Per the fast affiliate ratings, the stylized drama debuted to a 1.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic and just 5.15 million viewers. It was in a distant third place to Hawaii Five-0 and Castle which essentially doubled NBC’s numbers.

Last season’s Chase, which ended up being cancelled, premiered to a 2.3 rating and 7.31 million viewers in the same timeslot (per the finals). That’s a loss of 37% year-to-year in the demo.

Essentially, The Playboy Club is dead on arrival and it’s only a matter of time before NBC cancels the TV show. This could easily be the network’s first cancellation of the season but we’ll have to wait and see how the rest of the network’s new shows do.

What do you think? Did you watch the first episode of The Playboy Club? Do you think it should continue or just be cancelled now?

Canceled and renewed TV show

43 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. anonymous says

Hawaii 5-0 is just a repeat of everything that is on and so is castle. Playboy club is a different drama then your usual crime fighting show. Its a drama…..I hope they keep it. hopefully they will move it to another day though if not that is what a dvr is for

• Juliette says

Touche! They all must have been watching a different show because it was boring, too much going on & the acting was bad. It’s a silly show and could never really comptete with the shows that are on other networks.

Fake posts of praise won’t save the show if no one is willing to watch it because it sucks.

2. dillpill says

I really enjoyed it, a somewhat bias opinion being a boy with all the eye candy, but I really liked the 60’s ambience and all the actors are really good! Hope it stays on longer.

3. Drew says

What? This surprises me, “The Playboy Club” was one of the most enticing and original premieres I’ve seen in the past decade from NBC. Not only did it showcase plenty of sex, scandal, and drama, but it also made a point of paying homage to some serious political issues; evolving 60’s racism, mob power, and gay rights. The network did a fantastic job of balancing all of these elements together in a tasteful and appealing way, and I can’t wait to see where they take this show. Please don’t cancel!

4. Kyle says

Loved the first episode and the glimpse into the rest of the season looks very promising! It would be sad to see it canceled. Our generation needs to reminisce on the good times in America since these times we live in are so grim….

5. Kandice says

I loved it! It’s got a great story line. And I hate Hawaii 5-0 and Castle anyway, so I guess that wasn’t much of a deterrent for me in the first place. Please keep it!

6. Anonymous says

The show is actually really good! Its more interesting than the other 2 shows. NBC should change the timeslot if they want more viewers.
    I hope they keep the show, Eddie Cibrian is gorgeous and the story is getting good!

7. Melissa says

My husband and I really enjoyed the show. Cancel the show? STUPID idea! It is about time there is something good to watch on TV for a change!

8. Carol says

I loved the show. Can’t believe its ratings weren’t higher. Perhaps because its on at a later time and people have things to do like go to sleep haha. Anyways I hope NBC doesn’t cancel it, because it would be a tremendous loss.

9. Tyler says

I’m not sure what NBC really expects to accomplish in this time slot. Did they really think people would tune in to The Playboy Club (on NBC) over Hawaii Five-O or Castle? They should put this show on another night and perhaps I’d be willing to watch a couple episodes.

10. Kat says

I hated this show without even seeing it — that’s never a good sign. But even if I had been willing to give it a chance, there’s no way I would’ve missed either Castle or Hawaii Five-0 to watch this.

• Juliette says

I tried to watch it but only lasted lik 15 minutes, boring and bad acting. I really don’t like EC as the lead character – he’s just not strong enough to carry the role. I only watched it to see what it was about because it really didn’t interest me in the slightest. You didn’t miss much at all.

11. wesley says

I really enjoyed it. I too said to myself it had a mad men vibe. I think the plot so far is good and is going to just get better. For NBC, this show is very cutting edge. I hope they let it find it’s roots. The show had large shoes to fill on a Monday night premier week. If anything they should give it a new date and time. KEEP IT NBC!