The Real Wedding Crashers: Black Donnellys Fans’ Worst Nightmare

The Real Wedding Crashers on NBCTalk about rubbing salt in the wounds of Black Donnellys fans… NBC pulled The Black Donnellys after six weeks. Though they’ve posted the unaired episodes on their website, lots of people in the U.S. and other countries can’t view them. The peacock network replaced Donnellys on Monday nights with the reality show The Real Wedding Crashers for May sweeps.

Wedding Crashers was pulled after three weeks due to low ratings. Donnellys fans cheered and hoped this meant their show would return. Didn’t happen. But, with sweeps finishing on May 23rd, the series is coming back. Donnellys? Sorry. The Real Wedding Crashers.

Despite being disliked by many critics and viewers alike and being cancelled for the Fall, The Real Wedding Crashers is returning to Monday nights at 10pm starting May 28th. The episode will show the wedding of couple Denise and Steve being interrupted by monster trucks and an escaped convict.

NBC didn’t make a big deal about the return and just quietly slipped it back onto their schedule. They also declined to comment for this story. I suspect they’re not overly proud of Wedding Crashers but have limited options on what they have left on the shelf to air after an overall very disappointing season.

Since there will be two episodes of Crashers left after the May 28 return, what NBC will air once its gone? Maybe… nah, don’t get your hopes up. Stay tuned! TV Series Finale home page

Tom June 21, 2007 at 6:00 pm

Pooh – “please put the show back” lol

Why the heck are you guys begging “tvseriesfinale” to bring Black Donnellys back to NBC, they dont work for NBC. I suggest you write to NBC themselves, thats what I did.

pooh June 13, 2007 at 2:09 pm

I’m writing to comment on the cancels of the black donnelleys how come you just take it off the air without us getting to see the ending because i real like the show and i would of like to see what happen to the donnelley brother so please put the show back

Anonymous June 10, 2007 at 6:35 pm

Bring back the Black Donnelleys, you freaking NBC retards.

Barbara June 4, 2007 at 8:04 am

We LOVED The Wedding Crashers. It’s hilarious! We didn’t even know it was on til we accidentally stumbled upon it. I think it would be a big hit with more awareness! Please don’t pull this one!!!!!

Eric June 2, 2007 at 7:17 am

What were they thinking? My fiance and I were so excited to see NBC bring such a great show to their line up. The Black Donnelleys had a great cast of characters, excellent writing and was well filmed. To replace this show with such a campy coppy cat concept like wedding crashers is an insult to the intelligence of viewers. Great move NBC. You’ve manage to loose two more viewers. Guess I’ll we’ll stick with Lost and October Road… Grow a pair NBC… quit taking the safe route!

Patti May 30, 2007 at 6:52 am

I can’t seem to find out if the Black Donnellys is coming back. I absolutely love the show and couldn’t wait to see what was going to happen. I agree with the other comment – real Wedding Crashers – how ridculously lame when Black has such excellent writiers and story

William Kunz May 23, 2007 at 2:28 pm

Pulling The Black Donnellys and putting on Wedding Crashers was terrible. It is basically a wedding version of Punk’d which works on Mtv for teenagers but as a 24 year old guy I would rather watch a crime drama than someone dropping a friggin wedding cake every week….thank NBC for taking off the best show you had.

Barry Middler May 23, 2007 at 12:51 am

The Black Donnellys – I don’t coment much, but this is one series I have really enjoyed. I am quite sad to see it disappear only after one season, and a season I have not seen completely. I am up to show 11 and have been told two more are left. I find it, as well as a lot of other people I suspect, upsetting to not know how the story would continue. I can only hope that NBC reconsiders,or another network picks it up. If the an Italian Mob family can do well, an Irish one should be able to do the same.