The Real Wedding Crashers: NBC Wants a Divorce

The Real Wedding Crashers on NBCI’m sure fans of series The Black Donnellys couldn’t be happier about this one. NBC is set to pull the reality show The Real Wedding Crashers after tonight’s broadcast and only three episodes.

Crashers debuted on April 23, 2007 and replaced Donnellys on the Monday night schedule. Crashers is loosely based on the 2005 movie The Wedding Crashers starring Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson and is produced by Ashton Kutcher’s production company. The series depicted various nuptials being interrupted by undercover crashers performing outlandish stunts. Unlike the Crashers movie, the bride and/or groom were in on the joke.

NBC will replace Crashers for the next two weeks (the rest of May sweeps) with new episodes of Law & Order: Criminal Intent. The Criminal Intent episodes will be then run again the following night at 9pm. Doesn’t NBC have any original programming left? Maybe Studio 60 or Donnellys?

The remaining episodes of The Real Wedding Crashers are expected to run during the summer months. Obviously this doesn’t bode well for the series’ future but, as is standard practice these days, NBC has not said that Crashers is officially cancelled. Stay tuned! TV Series Finale home page

mike May 20, 2007 at 12:33 pm

TBD was good enough that I turned off the TV and watched my laptop on Monday night.
The Real Wedding Crashers? Real sad.

Alexis May 16, 2007 at 11:56 am

I think that the wedding crashers show was funny, and if they start a show they should finish it before taking it off!!

Tammy May 11, 2007 at 3:14 pm

There are all types of people in the world and everyone has different likes and dislikes. However, it seems that tv nowadays only caters to the Reality fans which leaves the rest of us stuck out. The Black Donnellys is an AWESOME show but I’m sure its not for everybody just like the reality shows (and the repeats of other shows) aren’t. Can’t the people who love those so much be the ones to change their channels for once? Please bring The Black Donnellys back. Heck, I would willing to subscribe to HBO, Showtime, etc… if they would pick it up. I just wish somebody would pick it up before the superb cast gives up and goes on to other things. Will somebody, for once, think about the minority and give The Black Donnellys and other NON-REALITY shows a chance?

Luis Marrero May 10, 2007 at 4:42 pm

This are great news! Please stop casting or creating reality shows and make shows for people with brains! The people that is posting saying the TBD are bad or are soaps are persons with a simple and small brain that can not follow a plot and that is why they love reality shows… no thinking is needed to enjoy them!

Jess May 10, 2007 at 10:21 am

Goodbye Wedding Crashers Bring back The Black Donnellys!!!!!!!!

Paul May 10, 2007 at 9:22 am

NBC – bring back the donnellys. Monday’s episode may have been the best episode of TV (or on the computer) I have ever watched.

Alvin May 10, 2007 at 8:49 am

I am a huge fan of The Black Donnellys and am excited to see something open up. The real wedding Crashers didn’t deserve my time or anyone elses so I never watched. I Would love to see Black Donnellys back on the air. Writting was freaking awsome.

James May 10, 2007 at 6:53 am

There are a lot of folks that watched The Black Donnellys. I am one too. They need to bring them back to TV and off the net.
It’s not like Friends started out all awesome in the ratings game.

Amy May 10, 2007 at 6:34 am

Ha ha NBC–stupid decisions like this might be why you’re in 4th place in the network ratings! SAVE THE BLACK DONNELLY’S

Nicole May 10, 2007 at 6:29 am

Thank goodness! Now, NBC bring back TBD.

Josh May 9, 2007 at 11:57 pm

THank God. Hopefully this will help TBD. VIVE LE BLACK DONNELLY’s

Steve May 9, 2007 at 8:42 pm

I hope this means that NBC will run The Black Donnellys again. It was a spectacular show that was never given the advertising or the chance to get of the ground.

chris robinson May 9, 2007 at 2:56 pm

The black donnellys deserves a second look. this was a show with a great story as well as great acting. even if its on another night give it time to grow an audience. these reality shows a getting way to repetitive. besides heroes their is nothing on NBC worth watching.

Simon May 9, 2007 at 11:56 am

I think every single person who ever watched The Black Donnellys must have commented on this story. Even with that, a couple of them must have commented twice. That’s the only way to explain it, since only about a dozen people ever tuned in.

Rick May 9, 2007 at 11:32 am

I love the Crashers show…Come on NBC. The Black Donnellys deserve to be on daytime soaps. Come on!!