The Red Road: Season Two for Sundance Series

The Red Road TV show season twoSundanceTV has renewed their original scripted series, The Red Road, for a second season. There will be six episodes once again.

Here are the details:

SUNDANCETV GREENLIGHTS ORIGINAL SCRIPTED DRAMA “THE RED ROAD” FOR A SECOND SEASON

Drama Starring Jason Momoa, Julianne Nicholson and Martin Henderson to Return in 2015
NEW YORK – April 28, 2013 – SundanceTV announced today the renewal of the network’s second wholly owned original scripted series “The Red Road.” The tense drama revolves around two clashing communities – a small town and the neighboring mountains, home to a Native America tribe – and two dynamic men on a collision course – played by Jason Momoa and Martin Henderson. It will return for another six episodes in 2015.

Sarah Barnett, SundanceTV President, stated, “’The Red Road’ tells the tale of a shocking conflict which plays out in a very specific place – the land that the Native Americans live on literally oozes danger. It’s a show about what happens when you try to bury the truth, and the devastating impact of that. We’re proud of this tremendously talented cast and can’t wait to see where creator Aaron Guzikowski takes this story in season two.”

The drama was described as “gripping” by the Associated Press, “poised and captivating” by Vogue, and “exceptionally well cast” by The Wrap. The cast includes, Jason Momoa (Wolves, “Game of Thrones”), Julianne Nicholson (August: Osage County, “Masters of Sex,” “Boardwalk Empire”), Martin Henderson (Devil’s Knot, The Ring, Smokin’ Aces) and Tamara Tunie (“Law And Order: Special Victim’s Unit,” “The Good Wife”). “The Red Road” hails from acclaimed writer Aaron Guzikowski (Contraband, Prisoners) and veteran producer Sarah Condon (“Bored to Death”). It is shot on location in Georgia. Production will begin later this year.

Today’s news underscores SundanceTV’s commitment to the expansion of its original scripted programming slate. The network has a robust lineup of upcoming scripted originals including the second season of critical hit “Rectify” from the producers of “Breaking Bad” which will premiere on June 19th. Its highly anticipated original mini-series, “The Honorable Woman” starring Maggie Gyllenhaal, will premiere later this summer, and recently announced “One Child” will premiere in 2014.

What do you think? Do you like this Sundance series? Will you be watching season two?

Sharon December 9, 2014 at 4:55 am

I am very happy to hear that Red Road is coming back. I LOVE THIS SHOW. Finally something worth watching!!!

Sheryl November 28, 2014 at 6:51 pm

My husband and I watched this for the first season. Absolutely loved it. Glad to hear a second season is coming on. Can’t wait. Tell us when!!!!

ERIC BLANE October 11, 2014 at 3:54 pm

As with Vikings and others, the bad news is such a long wait between returns. The good news is the shows return. Eventually. So many truly amazingly good new shows now, hard to believe after years of crap.

Kim October 6, 2014 at 5:13 am

What bonehead thought it best to wait so long for season 2? Then to top it off only six episodes. If the integrity of the show would suffer as a result in earlier air date & more episodes then I stand corrected.

Seriously though….. step on it…. waiting patiently but not really

Barbara "Bee" Henry October 1, 2014 at 6:50 pm

What ??!! Season two in 2015??? Ekesa! (Lenape: For Shame!) I am very disappointed, but will watch when it finally does come back. Well, at least there’s time to hire an actor (I suggest Rick Mora) to play the role of a positive male role model on the show. A good man is sorely needed on a show that features thugs, killers and drug dealers.

Shirley September 28, 2014 at 6:35 pm

I will definitely be watching the new series. I have been looking for it since the last one went off. Love it. Would like to see it run continuously for a long time.

Raeanne August 31, 2014 at 5:42 am

This show is awesome. All the actors portray their characters to the inth degree. This show depicts life’s unknown tragedies to the US Indian cultures that aren’t discussed on Dateline or 20/20. Just more ‘secrets’ Big Brother won’t divulge to the public.

Charlie August 29, 2014 at 9:19 pm

Can’t wait

Julianna Olmstead August 1, 2014 at 11:11 pm

I have been waiting for the new season. I’m very excited to see it come back. Just wish there would be more episodes.

Granny Nanny July 21, 2014 at 9:56 pm

Bravo Sundance! I applaud you…well worth the wait. So “Mambee Pambee” of that other…not to be even named of WHOM EVER was involved in this decesion.

Jennifer April 28, 2014 at 7:45 pm

I’m very happy to see that Sundance has given The Red Road a second season. While I definitely wish it would be airing some time this year, I will most certainly stick with the show and watch when it returns in 2015. I will admit that I’m not sure the decision to wait so long to air six more episodes will be good for the show. After all that time, some fans might think it was cancelled and forget about the show entirely. I sure hope that doesn’t happen as I’d like to see The Red Road get a chance to stick around for a long time. Great cast, great story and a great show!

Valierie June 7, 2014 at 8:42 pm

I definitely agree with Jennifer’s comment wholeheartedly. I really liked watching this series, but was disappointed at the # of episodes in the first season and now to find out I have to wait a year for only 6 more episodes! Truly someone needs to start rethinking that issue at Sundance!

val radda April 28, 2014 at 7:06 pm

i really liked the story… Show, but someone is crazy if they think waiting a year to watch 6 more episodes is interesting. Its panned in my show book.

memmooo6711aa June 22, 2014 at 7:27 pm