The River: To Be Cancelled or Renewed for Season Two?

The River on ABC cancelled or renewedThis evening, ABC aired the season finale of The River. What’s next? Will the TV show return for a second season or will it be cancelled instead?

For those who aren’t familiar with the ABC series, The River follows the search for beloved TV host and explorer (Bruce Greenwood) some six months after he and his team went missing down the Amazon. His wife, son, their crew and a documentary team go after them on what turns out to be a dangerous rescue mission. The cast includes Joe Anderson, Leslie Hope, Eloise Mumford, Paul Blackthorne, Thomas Kretschmann, Daniel Zacapa, Shaun Parkes, and Paulina Gaitan.

Sadly, it’s almost certain that The River will be cancelled. The thriller series debuted back in the February with a pair of episodes. The first hour attracted a 2.6 in the coveted 18-49 demographic with 8.35 million total viewers. By the second hour, 12% of the audience had bailed and the numbers dropped to a 2.3 rating with 6.83 million.

TV show supportThe ratings have been dropping ever since. Last week’s episode drew just a 1.3 rating in the demo with 4.09 million total viewers. Averaging a 1.67 demo and 4.82 million, The River is the lowest-rated drama on the network and has fallen even lower than sure-to-be-cancelled Pan Am. On our network report card, which compares ABC TV show demo ratings, The River gets a “D.”

With ratings like these, there’s just no chance that the alphabet network will order any more installments.

What do you think? Do you think The River should be cancelled? Are you satisfied with the way the story was left? How would you have ended it?

karina March 16, 2013 at 4:56 am

That’s bullcrap!!! This show was soo amazing exciting and scary! I hope its not cancelled! Seriously!

amy March 13, 2013 at 5:21 pm

please bring the river back on i was left clueless and i want to know what happens next how can you just start a show and not finish way to show the hardwork put into it

Jamie March 13, 2013 at 5:07 pm

PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT cancel The River!!! My husband and Love this show it keeps you at the edge of your seat the whole time. Plus my friends and I text each other at the commercials to talk about what just happend. Please Don’t leave us hanging and do 1 more season!!!

Jenny March 12, 2013 at 11:12 am

Please bring back the river. I have been waiting to hear about the second season. It was such a good show!!!!

Ashley March 11, 2013 at 12:57 am

What!?!? No bring it back!!!!!! I love this show ice been waiting and waiting for this show to come back on!!!!!!

nate anderson March 9, 2013 at 4:47 pm

begain back the river

bob March 8, 2013 at 9:27 pm

RIVER RIVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bob March 8, 2013 at 9:28 pm

awsssssssssssssssome

Jennifer March 7, 2013 at 10:55 am

Please bring back this show, never missed an episode.

Patrick March 5, 2013 at 2:39 am

I loved the river whtched every show so many
ways ucould For 2nd season please
bring it back atleast give it another shot

Debra March 1, 2013 at 12:33 am

I really liked ‘The River’ PLEASE bring it back! I’ve been anxiously waiting for season 2. Why would you keep us fans in suspense!!!!!

xxleeannexx February 27, 2013 at 1:25 am

bring back the river :) loved it :) they cant cancel in the middle of a story

Cam February 26, 2013 at 1:38 am

Please bring it back for a second season. My mom and I really don’t get to watch a lot of shows together because my mom has stage 2 diabetes and is always sick or in the hospital. But ever since The River aired she pulls herself together for me no matter how much pain she is in, and just for one moment she forgets all about how she is feeling and just puts on a smile and enjoys herself. You have no idea how much this show helps me get closer to my mom. So i ask you please bring it back for another season. Please give me these moment back while we still have them.
CAM

courk February 24, 2013 at 11:15 pm

Bring back the River! Ive been waiting and am very dissappointed to hear it wont be coming back.

christina February 24, 2013 at 10:03 pm

U have to bring it back I was so mad then took it off my dad may he r.i.p used to watch it all the time . What is wrong with u people why would u take it off I think that was stupid of them to do that

Mynameismyname February 21, 2013 at 5:31 pm

I loved this show watched every show with my family. When it was over we were waiting for next season never came back! Please bring back the river!!!!!!!!!!!!!