The Secret Circle

Secret Circle tv showNetwork: The CW
Episodes: 22 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: September 15, 2011 — May 10, 2012
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Britt Robertson, Thomas Dekker, Gale Harold, Phoebe Tonkin, Jessica Parker Kennedy, Shelly Hennig, Louis Hunter, Ashley Crow, and Natasha Henstridge.

current TV show

TV show description:
This fantasy TV series is based on the book series by L.J. Smith (author of The Vampire Diaries books).

Cassie Blake (Britt Robertson) was a happy, normal teenage girl — until her mother Amelia died in what appeared to be an accidental fire. Orphaned and in mourning, Cassie moves to the beautiful small town of Chance Harbor, Washington to live with her warm and loving grandmother, Jane (Ashley Crow). It’s the town where her mother grew up and then left so many years before. It’s a place where the residents seem to know more about Cassie than she even knows about herself.

At high school, Cassie connects with a number of classmates; sweet-natured Diana Meade (Shelly Hennig) and her handsome boyfriend, Adam Conant (Thomas Dekker); brooding loner Nick (Louis Hunter); as well as mean-girl Faye Chamberlain (Phoebe Tonkin) and her sidekick, Melissa (Jessica Parker Kennedy). Soon, strange and frightening things begin to happen.

Cassie’s new friends explain that they are all descended from a line of powerful witches. They’ve been waiting for Cassie to join them and complete a new generation of the Secret Circle. Cassie refuses to believe them until Adam shows her how to unlock her incredible magical powers. Things become truly clear when, in her mother’s childhood bedroom, Cassie discovers a message from her deceased mother in an old leather-bound book of spells. It’s then that Cassie understands her true and dangerous destiny.

What Cassie and the others don’t yet know is that darker powers are at play. There are powers that might be linked to the adults in the town — including Diana’s father, Charles Meade (Gale Harold), and Faye’s mother, Dawn Chamberlain (Natasha Henstridge). It’s also revealed that Cassie’s mother’s death might not have been an accident.

Series Finale

Episode 22 — Witness
Jake returns to Chance Harbor to warn Cassie that, unless they find out how her father was killed in the boat fire 16 years ago, she’ll meet with the same death. He suggests an extremely dangerous method to finally uncover what happened on that fateful day, but Adam and Diana suspect he has ulterior motives. In an effort to usurp the other, both Charles and Dawn try to get Ethan on board as an ally. Faye gets trapped in a dangerous situation when one of Lee’s friends, Callum stops by the shop.
First aired: May 10, 2012.

space

Amelia September 29, 2012 at 11:11 pm

I can’t believe they cancelled the secret circle! I watched that show religiously every Thursday. So not cool :'(.

geewizzzkid September 28, 2012 at 7:26 am

Another great show bites the dust! What a bunch of idiots! secret circle was a keep you on the edge of your seat show that was great! You guys are idiots!!!

Eric September 27, 2012 at 11:15 am

It’s official!!! I will never watch another show on the CW again. I don’t like the fact that they get you interested in a show for a season and then cancel it without getting feedback from the actual viewers. The Secret Circle was a great show. I’m tired of getting reeled in to watch one season of what turned out to be a great show just to find out it’s been canceled before it even gets started good. Good bi forever CW!!! You want be getting anymore viewership from anyone in my house hold from here on out. Your station has been officially blocked from viewing on all of our televisions. Good luck in the ratings game. You clearly don’t have a clue what you’re doing. Maybe if you loose enough viewers you’ll start asking for their input before you cancel another great show like “The Secret Circle”. And to the cast of the show, you guys did an excellent job. I’m very sorry your show was canceled.

Anne September 23, 2012 at 10:30 am

Bring back Secret Circle!! I am so pissed they removed it.

Jane September 8, 2012 at 9:01 pm

I, m soooo pissed. We can keep on stupid cartoon shows, but cancel Secret Circle and Ringer! Really sucks!!!

dennis September 8, 2012 at 8:56 am

The secret circle was a really great show. I couldn’t wait for thursday nights just so I could watch it. It’s like the first season introduced us to the cast and set it all up for an excellent show. I’m fucking pissed off with the shitty shows that get to stay on and the good ones that get canceled. Get a clue! You guys over there at CW usually make pretty good choices and your line-up is woderfull, but this time you all screwed up royaly. whats next you going to cancel supernatural that would be just as stupid.Cancel all those fucked up boring reality shows and make room for the shows that people with a brain can enjoy! Thanks.

Angie September 7, 2012 at 10:27 am

I really liked The Secret Circle, I don’t think they gave it enough time!
They shouldn’t cut short story lines, it’s really aggrevating…..I’m 40 and I enjoyed Thursday’s Vampire Diary’s then Secret Circle……now what todo?……start another show
so when I get interested….they just drop it?……!!!

sylvia September 4, 2012 at 7:44 pm

I love the secret circle!!!!! Please bring it back!!!!

Cathy September 4, 2012 at 11:30 am

The fact that they cancelled The Secret Circle really blows! I am getting sick of getting interested in shows and they get cancelled after the first season. This happened last season with Hellcats and The Secret Circle was a much better show. I am sick of all the reality crap!! If it wasn’t for The Vampire Diaries I wouldn’t watch another thing on the CW Network. Ya’ll suck!!

brenda August 10, 2012 at 5:24 pm

Please try again, did not start watching till later on, but became very interested.Love the cast and the plot of show- Probably have done better on different network where more people watch! I agree that my thursday nights revolved around secret circle.

Erica July 29, 2012 at 12:58 pm

REALLY! I am so pissed the secret circle is cancelled!!!!!! I loved my Thursday nights of Vampire Diaries and then Secret Circle….. Thanks alot CW for ruining thursday nights

ANONYMOUS July 23, 2012 at 8:15 pm

RINGER shouldve stayed. This show was never meant to be canceled too. WTHECK is wrong with tv studios and decisions these days?? Hart of dixie wasnt even that good too, not as good as this show OR “Ringe” ALONE, but that show gets SAVED??? You guys should let the VIEWERS VOTE ON WHICH SHOWS THEY WANT CANCELED!

kathryn July 23, 2012 at 4:17 pm

I think this show should be given a second chance its a great show this autor is great writer and i love watching the back to back shows the vampire and the secret cirle i hope they put it back on the air.Escpecially it is filmed right here in Vancouver B.c. Give it a try.

Susan July 16, 2012 at 8:52 pm

WOW!!! My daughter is gonna freak!! We all loved watching. I agree with the previous… stupid decisions all the way around. You keep some of the dumbest crap and cancel some great shows. I”ll never understand, who makes these choices anyway?!?!?

sean July 8, 2012 at 8:44 pm

The CW is a total fucking joke!!! How does the America best top model get renewed and secret circle Gets the boot. I was local 44 for 8 years and now i know why i left. Hollywood sucks and decisions making people suck too!!! Tired of the all the politics. CW YOU SUCK !!!!