The Simpsons: How Long Before the FOX Series Is Cancelled?

The SimpsonsFOX’s animated phenomenon, The Simpsons, is currently in its 21st season. The ratings aren’t what they were a few years ago but they’re still pretty good when compared to the other animated FOX series.

Still, nothing can last forever. How long will the show go on before the network gets tired of it and cancels The Simpsons?

At the Television Critics Association press tour, FOX Entertainment President Kevin Reilly said, “We have it for two more seasons and then we’ll sit down and see where we are.”

He continued, “The show is extraordinary. We just celebrated twenty years. I’m certainly not gunning for it. It’s still creatively vibrant. The show is up again this season. It’s just mind-blowing the breadth of creativity that’s still coming out of that camp.”

What do you think? Would you like to see The Simpsons keep going or is it time for the show to be over?

none of your damn bussiness June 15, 2012 at 4:55 pm

Hell no, I dont want it cancelled I love this show, its awesome

phillipsonthemove August 12, 2011 at 10:31 am

Im getting tired of the simpsons, it needs to end with a series finale with a message from matt groaning telling everyone gigantic thanks for 21 years of good times and support. I used to watch it as a kid but when I reached an adolescent age, I quit on the show.

More Beavis and Butthead and more south park!!

Liam Noole July 14, 2011 at 12:52 pm

The last seasons especially season 22 has been very bad and boring. Doll / weird plot in almost all the episodes.
Back in the first seasons there could be 2 good stories running side by side in one episode. Now there is usually no good stories in an episode. It is sad to see. It is better to stop it.

unknown May 1, 2011 at 8:37 pm

i agree with huge simpsons fan

Huge simpsons fan April 1, 2011 at 1:35 pm

I whant the show to keep going because I think the show is getting better and better I know Matt Goening is running out of ideas, but I whant it to last long as possible.

Anonymous March 20, 2011 at 6:05 am

jag tycker fotfarande Simpsons är jätte bra

A. Pseudonym March 3, 2011 at 1:22 pm

Quite honestly, yes, I would love to see it cancelled. I have been, correction, I was a fan of the show for more years than I care to remember, but for a number of months now I simply haven’t been able to stand the sight of it. I still watch old episodes whenever they come on, they are television gold, but the new episodes just make groan, scowl and cringe; they are painful to watch. I believe ‘The Simpsons’ have seriously lost their way of late, jokes seem forced, there is too much focus on trying to bring in events that have happened in the real world and too much time is spent on things that have nothing to do with the story, for example the couch gags (once simplistically brilliant, now over thought and tedious) and Itchy and Scratchy cartoons (the point was that they WEREN’T funny but the characters thought they were). Really, I have no idea what the creators are doing right now, but I think that they should probably watch an old episode and then a new one back-to-back, maybe then they’ll wake up.