The Simpsons: How Long Before the FOX Series Is Cancelled?

The SimpsonsFOX’s animated phenomenon, The Simpsons, is currently in its 21st season. The ratings aren’t what they were a few years ago but they’re still pretty good when compared to the other animated FOX series.

Still, nothing can last forever. How long will the show go on before the network gets tired of it and cancels The Simpsons?

At the Television Critics Association press tour, FOX Entertainment President Kevin Reilly said, “We have it for two more seasons and then we’ll sit down and see where we are.”

He continued, “The show is extraordinary. We just celebrated twenty years. I’m certainly not gunning for it. It’s still creatively vibrant. The show is up again this season. It’s just mind-blowing the breadth of creativity that’s still coming out of that camp.”

What do you think? Would you like to see The Simpsons keep going or is it time for the show to be over?

CapneoCrowley July 6, 2010 at 11:37 am

The Simpsons is the best thing, in my opinion on tv. The show has stayed consistitanly funny for over 20 years.

cocopuff June 28, 2010 at 4:57 pm

i was rally a confused when i tuend in at 7:00 and i saw a talk show instead of the simpsons theme the show has held the time slot for as long as i can remember woudl cause to to be moved then it popped into my head maybe its canceled but quickly popped out as i about it why the cancel a great legacy like the simpsons so i came on google to see if maybe it was moved and to my surprise i see in big bold latters THE SIMPSONS CANCELED but i saw the article was dated 2009 so i wasnt worryed i looked deeper in to it and found out that the debate about weather to cancel the show or not has been going on for 10 years (ive only been watching simpsons for 5 years) i thought to my self “my god they done it they finally done it” i looked further in and i find this article which got me come again knowing the simpsons are going to be around for at least another year

colin June 20, 2010 at 11:04 am

i don’t think they should cancel the show just stop making new shows for a year or two to get some new material

rik June 18, 2010 at 1:18 pm

It will be cancelled when any of the main voice actors dies, or quits the show.

RandmPerson May 24, 2010 at 7:33 pm

Wow, im surprised to see so many people want this show to stay on air, i was hoping it would get canceled, the truth is, the show is tired and worn out, it hasnt been good for 6 seasons, thats my opinion at least, the show may be a classic, but its no excuse for keeping it, cause even classics die, and this one died a while back..

Frank May 20, 2010 at 5:56 pm

The Simpsons will be the only glimpse of eternity anyone will ever experience. Even after the universe has expanded to the extent that the distance between all matter will be so great that gravity will be unable to act upon it, thus making it impossible for planets, stars, and galaxies to form – which obviously rules out any surviving lifeforms, The Simpsons will continue.

; )

marty tholath March 12, 2010 at 10:08 am

YES LET IT BE OVER ,I want to know the date of its series finale so i can see them go away

Jim February 16, 2010 at 1:42 pm

I fell in love with this cartoon when it was all the rage during the late 80s and early 90s but has time went on it get much harder, harder and harder to follow the show and I’m beginning to worry about it. A cartoon show like this going 21 seasons until season 22 that’s crazy. The Flintstones lasted 6 seasons on ABC in the 1960s. I rather settle on that show than this.

Krednek January 27, 2010 at 1:31 pm

I believe that the Simpsons will never be canceled primarily because they are a classic that by being canceled would affect the ratings of Fox

Ashton January 14, 2010 at 12:33 am

I can’t imagine television without the Simpsons Haha! Fox ratings will drop if they cancel this show.

John January 13, 2010 at 10:58 am

I hope they keep the Simpsons going, I love the show, the Simpsons video games and the Simpsons cookies. I would hate for it all to end.

Hawk90 January 13, 2010 at 4:04 am

I don’t think simpsons will ever be canceled, the show is epic!
Everybody says that the new episodes are worse than the old ones, that’s completely bull, it’s just that people expects much more of everything these days. Could you really imagine a world without homer simpson?
I think shows like simpsons & family guy will go on forever, and (I hope) american dad does too :)

Mex May 11, 2011 at 5:28 pm

Let the Simpsons end! The last time it was funny was in 2000. FOX needs new shows. I don’t give a $#!* if it makes money. They should not be on until the end of the universe. LET IT END NOW PLEASE FOX!!!!

Zachary January 12, 2010 at 11:37 am

On a renewal not though…Modern Family The Middle and Cougar Town just got renewed!

Zachary January 12, 2010 at 9:50 am

The Simpsons will last for years….them canceling that will just crush their ratings.

Steven Leitner January 12, 2010 at 9:34 am

The Simpsons is in it’s 21st season, not their 20th.

admin January 12, 2010 at 11:05 am

@Steven Leitner: You’re quite right. Thanks for the catch.