The Simpsons: How Long Before the FOX Series Is Cancelled?

The SimpsonsFOX’s animated phenomenon, The Simpsons, is currently in its 21st season. The ratings aren’t what they were a few years ago but they’re still pretty good when compared to the other animated FOX series.

Still, nothing can last forever. How long will the show go on before the network gets tired of it and cancels The Simpsons?

At the Television Critics Association press tour, FOX Entertainment President Kevin Reilly said, “We have it for two more seasons and then we’ll sit down and see where we are.”

He continued, “The show is extraordinary. We just celebrated twenty years. I’m certainly not gunning for it. It’s still creatively vibrant. The show is up again this season. It’s just mind-blowing the breadth of creativity that’s still coming out of that camp.”

What do you think? Would you like to see The Simpsons keep going or is it time for the show to be over?

josh January 5, 2011 at 6:16 pm

Please, leave it, yes, im young and 12 but they have kept me watching fox, it keeps me from that family guy crap, the cleveland crap, and probally bobs shiz.

lorell January 2, 2011 at 4:59 pm

o but one thing u can change is to start having the kids grow up a little like have MAGGIE talk and have bart and lisa grow a little older but for sure have maggie talk they could make alot of new episodes with them growing up a little

lorell January 2, 2011 at 4:56 pm

i LOVE this SHOW i NEVER want to see it canceled its like the BEST SHOW ever. i honestly think it KEEPS getting better as the years go by i mean the earlier episodes are good too but they just keep getting better DONT cancel simpsons its like one of the few shows i like on fox i like most of the animated shows but the new one BOBS BURGER or whatever its called looks way dumb i would much rather see SIMPSONS then stupid shows like that. so please DONT cancel simpsons they ROCK!!!

Dimoha16 December 25, 2010 at 7:01 pm

I watched simpsons sinse 2003 i was 9years old and im 16!Plz do not cancel!! I love this show!! Its unusual diffrent from the other shows!! Not like family guy, or futurama,!!This is the best cartoon show that was ever made!!You could create a new character in the simpsons family if u want!! And u will have something diffrent to tell!!

Teddy December 25, 2010 at 2:28 pm

YOU’LL NEVER STOP THE SIMPSONS,..!

nicole November 29, 2010 at 4:30 am

ive wached simpsons ever since i was 6 and im 13 now

nicole November 29, 2010 at 4:29 am

dont cancel the simpsons they rock homer is dum but funny dum he makes me lol….best show ever

Anonymous October 2, 2010 at 11:11 pm

it should never get cancled iv watched dis show ense i can remember i dnt care about the old re runs i love every single one of them im 16 now and i would want in the future for my kids to know dis show soooo plezzz dnt cancle this ther so many familys that dnt have cable or direc tv and all they have is family guy and simpsons for cartoons they shouldnt cancle it just because it been running for a long time i culdnt think of a life without the simpsons mann just let it run and im behind that a billion percent shooot!!!

Charly October 2, 2010 at 8:06 pm

I just love’ em, I cant stop laughing at homer.
I just dont want it to be over, Matt is awesome and his talent enormous.
The simpsons made fox hit the clouds in past seasons, they should make more seasons, and also a forum to give a lot more funny ideas to Matt to continue the show.

darrell September 26, 2010 at 5:13 am

the simpsons is a long running tv show but my thought about the show that they should cancled the show up to the 23rd season and that alot of epsiodes from seasons 1-23 over the years and stuff like when the show gets cancled they can make movies coming out and vidoe games and stuff like that so i will by them but im geting to tired of the simpsons tht means that theres alot of fucking seasons i have to get inorder to complete my collection but im going to just wait until the show cancle and then get the hole packaged on goonline and buy them when blck friday comes in two moths so yea

Mattchew September 3, 2010 at 7:30 pm

I can’t see the Simpsons going out like that. They have saved Fox from obscurity so many times that they can do whatever they want. Just look how many cheap shots they take at the network! Anyway, the simpsons will go for a couple more years, probably spin out one more movie and be done. On Groening’s terms, not a network exec’s decision.

Jeremy Rynek August 29, 2010 at 6:26 pm

NEVER CANCEL!!!!!

Yen August 15, 2010 at 12:22 am

I absolutely love The Simpsons. It will always be my favorite cartoon comedy as I have grown up with the family. But, I believe the show should have ended its run years ago. I can’t even bear to watch the recent seasons (18+) because they are absolutely stale and unfunny. I haven’t been able to laugh as much as I could have watching the older seasons. The older seasons were genius with memorable jokes and situations (like the time Homer saw the alien and was being questioned by Mulder and Scully — hilarious) but the newer ones have nothing. The recent seasons, I feel, have put shame to The Simpson name. Among my peers, they’d rather watch Family Guy than The Simpsons, which is a complete shame.

And to the previous commenters, I love Seinfeld!

Phil E. Drifter August 9, 2010 at 4:42 pm

Kill it at 25. make it a respectable ending. Seinfeld sucks, Frasier sucks, Family guy sucks, cleve? sucks. whats the other one. it sucks too. Simpsons is awesome but they should retire it with style after 25. Maybe 1 more movie, although I was disappointed with the end of the first one.

tDuck August 5, 2010 at 10:11 am

Cancell the Simpsons?( the main reason I watch TV)- while broadcasts like Seinfeld or MASH continue unabated ? People still watch the Simpsons wheras the other two shows lost their audiences decades ago but still block the airwaves. How many times can Seifield show the same episodes Over and Over without being dropped whereas theres 20 years of simpson (x episodes per season) they wish to cancel. Somethings not being said here. I count the episodes of seinfeld reruns as 20 to 1 vs ‘the Simpsons’ But there I go making sense again. Thank the lord I have my Simpson DVD’s stack waist high on my floor wheras Seinfeld could fit their complete series on 2 blu-ray disc collection