The Sing-Off: Season Four Ratings

The Sing-Off ratingsIn 2011, NBC tried The Sing-Off as part of the regular season. It couldn’t compete, the ratings were poor, and it could have been cancelled for good. Now, they’re bring the series back for the holidays. Will it become a holiday staple or will it be cancelled? We shall see.

A singing competition that’s hosted by Nick Lachey, The Sing-Off competitors are judged by Ben Folds, Shawn Stockman, and Jewel.

12/24 update: You can see the rest of the latest night’s ratings in context.

For comparisons: The third season of The Sing-Off (which aired in the fall) averaged a 1.5 rating in the demo and 4.56 million viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like The Sing-Off TV series? Would you like to see it cancelled or renewed for another season?

Kathy August 28, 2014 at 12:21 am

The Sing Off is the showcase for exceptional talent! By far my favorite show ever. Please do not stop bringing this to us!!!!

Bobbi August 8, 2014 at 3:32 am

Please say the show will be back!
My husband & I always look forward to The Sing-off. We had no idea this type of competion exsisted, until we saw the show for the1st time. The judges are great & the groups competing are so talented! It is so refreshing to watch a TV progam with class..

Chris August 4, 2014 at 7:26 pm

I agree with many of the comments here that the show was NOT publicized enough. I didn’t know about it until several weeks into the season. My wife and I couldn’t get enough of it and huge disappointment when the show was over. AGT, Idol, X-factor are all kids play. The Sing-off is the real deal in our book. We will be greatly disappointed if this series is cancelled. It would be another blow to quality TV in favor of all the Honey-Boo-Boo’s, Kardashians and Duck Land Hillbilly reality shows. I hope that the networks will someday soon grow a pair and bring back the classy shows of yester-year that made TV entertaining.
This show puts REAL talent on the stage, not just fools acting out for the camera.

Bruce June 25, 2014 at 11:40 pm

I’m NOT a TV watcher. But a couple of friends replayed a few epsiodes from season 4 and to my amazement, I loved it! They were wanting to know if we’d be interesting in attending the Season 4 Tour, and I bought tickets and had a ball at the show. I reviewed season 3 and am now a confirmed Petatonix fan.

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but even though I haven’t followed a scheduled TV show in over 15 years, If there is a Season 5 I WILL be watching every show in the series.

Jeff June 7, 2014 at 10:03 pm

The sing off. Season 5 should come back better than the voice an American idol season4 was epic Season 5 will be. Epic

marenia mcbride May 21, 2014 at 12:23 am

Gentlemen: is it perhaps possible that the show was not commercialed enough. My husband an I discovered your program shortly before it went off for the season. To hear that it was canceled is very disapointing expecially since we were closely watching for it to return. Please conside airing it again I will make sure to go on the web and ask everyone to watch it signed; we really loved the show marenia mcbride

R February 3, 2014 at 1:03 pm

The Sing-off is my favorite singing competition TV show. It by far beats out the other ones.

lois January 1, 2014 at 9:50 pm

The Sing-Off is by far the best arena for showcasing the amazing amount of true vocal talent that is out there today! To be able to watch so many talented people, both young and old, learn and grow with the guidance of the judges is truly a gift. I can only hope that NBC brings it back for a 5th season and beyond.

jeremy December 25, 2013 at 10:36 pm

episode five of this season is the first episode of this show i have seen,i have’nt been more entertained by 2 hours of T v since Breaking bad ended,i have watched American Idol on and off over the years..this show DESTROYS idol,its not even close,super talented people..even the group;s i dont like,seriously,i think im going to buy tickets for their tour when they come to schenectady in febuary

vaughn blanding December 19, 2013 at 2:29 pm

THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST SINGING COMPETITION SHOW . IF FOR NO OTHER REASON THAT IT HAS THE BEST JUDGES. JUST IMAGINE, JUDGES WHO ACTUALLY KNOW AND USE MUSICAL TERMS IN THEIR COMMENTS ( ARE YOU LISTENING SIMON ET. AL.).

ED December 10, 2013 at 6:47 pm

I enjoy all the sing show competitions. For me, it beats all the violence on a lot of the other stations.

T December 10, 2013 at 5:02 pm

This along with the X Factor, American Idol and the Voice are stupid worthless programs. They all need taken off the air. Don’t forget the stupid DWTS and trash like Honey Poo Poo, and The KaTRASHians . Worthless junk and waste of money on stupidity. No value or entertainment value of any of those.