The Soul Man: Season Three Renewal from TV Land

Soul Man season threeTV Land has renewed The Soul Man for a third season. The cable channel has ordered just eight episodes this time around.

Dateline reports that the renewal comes as a result of the sitcom being so popular with African-American viewers. “We’re so proud to have this show in our portfolio of sitcoms,” said TV Land president Larry W. Jones. “Fans of The Soul Man are the drivers behind the success of the series. Because of their passion, we are able to continuously bring new viewers to the channel.”

The Soul Man stars Cedric The Entertainer as a former Las Vegas headliner who decides to become a minister and relocates his family to his hometow of St. Louis. The comedy also stars Niecy Nash, Wesley Jonathan, Jazz Raycole, and John Beasley.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that The Soul Man will be returning next year?

Rob July 16, 2014 at 4:05 pm

I love the show. If it was not for the soul man show I wouldn’t watch tvland channel cause their other shows are boring and not funny.

Shiloh Morgan January 23, 2014 at 10:34 pm

I’m really glad “The Soul Man” is being renewed for a third season. I think the show is funny and that Cedric and Niecy make a great pair. I watch TV land a lot, and this is definitely one of my shows.

PDB December 13, 2013 at 1:38 am

What a waste of such great talents. Niecy and Cedric are doing their best keeping viewers interested despite substandard scripts. Most of the episodes I have watched are so banal/ predictable. Please somebody kick the writers’ lethargic asses and get them alert and oriented before network brass pull the plug.

Robert Foster Taylor December 7, 2013 at 10:09 pm

I agree that SOUL MAN and HAPPILY DIVORCED are the same as ratings wise
I like Fran Dreschler alot but how many time can she make sitcoms based on her life (The sitcom berofre this one and after the nanny was based on her life ) and also she carry her cast mates form show to show
I am waiting for an oringinal concept from her I knw she can do it
DOUL MAN IS A GOOD AHOW I AM GLAD THEY KEPT IT

Robert Foster Taylor December 7, 2013 at 10:10 pm

i MEAN SOUL MAN

Lucas Scott December 5, 2013 at 1:44 pm

I like The Soul Man and I am happy it got renewed but Happily Divorced had about the same or a little better ratings and it got canceled. That doesn’t make sense?

SEAN December 5, 2013 at 11:09 am

THEY RENEW THE WORST SHOW ON THE TV LAND LINE UP AND CANCEL “HAPPILY DIVORCED”…WOW… “SOUL MAN” HAS A GOOD CAST BUT IS THE WORST SHOW…