The Soul Man

TV series The Soul ManNetwork: TV Land
Episodes: Ongoing (half-hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: June 20, 2012 — present
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Cedric the Entertainer, Niecy Nash, John Beasley, Jazz Raycole, and Wesley Jonathan.

TV show description:
A spin-off of Hot in Cleveland, this sitcom revolves around Boyce “The Voice” Ballentine (Cedric the Entertainer). He lives the high life in Las Vegas, placing at the top of the music charts, when he gets “the calling.”

As a result, he decides to relocate to St. Louis with his family to become a preacher in the church of his former minister father, Barton Moses Ballentine (John Beasley). Making the change isn’t as smooth as he expected and must deal with the ups and downs of his church and family life.

Boyce’s wife Lolli (Niecy Nash) — now a beauty salon owner — and daughter Lyric (Jazz Raycole) aren’t exactly thrilled about giving up their fabulous superstar life for a new humble one. Fletcher Emmanuel “Stamps” Ballentine (Wesley Jonathan) is Boyce’s carefree and womanizing younger brother.

Series Finale:
Episode —
This TV series has not ended yet.
First aired: —

What do you think? Do you like The Soul Man TV series? Would you like to see it cancelled or renewed for another season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

36 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. nita dismang says

how could any person who loves jesus love this god less show pure trash the wife walks around boobs hanging out he well anything but religous i cant believe it was ever on tv

2. Deenah Martin-Padgett says

*****5 STAR SHOW! Please keep this hilarious heart-warming tv show on the air. Cedric has been one of my favorite Comedians for many years. He and Niecy Nash show what a healthy marriage looks like and offer a glimpse of what a Minister’s family life mixed with Church can be. I’ve been a P. K. (PREACHER’s Kid) for most of my life and these stories have menough truth to bring back memories to me. Sherri Shepherd has excellent comedy timing and talent IMO and should become a regular cast member! So much fun and deals with important issues with whimsy. John Beasley plays his role so well that he reminds me of my Grandfathe and he establishes the differences and the similarities in generational ministery. Thank you for this quality work. God Bless all of you for helping me see the brighter side of Life!!!

3. Felicia says

I Love the show please don’t cancell. Very good show.I have been looking for it.It is no disrespect to the church.It’s comedy,nice to have something light hearted in these hard times.There are way worst shows (with nudity,sex,volger language) that are still on.Please bring soul man back.

4. Zanders Wooden says

I miss and love the soul man, please bring it back. The show was very entertaining. Cedric and Niecy belong together. The dad character is like reality . Please bring it back!!!!!!!!””” Renew!!!

5. justbeeme says

I really like the show Soul Man very entertaining, but it comes on to late at night. I am here on the east coast. I am in bed and asleep by 10:00pm(with the exception of the time I am writing this email I took off tomorrow) because I have a career and it requires me to get up in the mornings by 6:00am. If I have not seen it before that time I miss it. Please consider putting it in an earlier time slot so the east coast career oriented person can view the show before 10:00pm.

6. Carol says

As a Christian, & I attend church faithfully, at all services. In all of my time of being a Christian, I have NEVER seen a Minister (or wife) act anything like these two that are
    portraying a Minister & wife. It is most certainly blasphmy, & feel that it is not showing any respect for the Ministers, Pastors, or Priests. It makes me ill to see such blatent disrespect for the Christian people.

• Brenda James says

The truth is that, we don’t know what goes on behind closed doors in any preacher’s home or, anyone else’s home. The show is not intended to be a mockery, just entertainment. With some of the behavior that I’ve witnessed in churches, this is definitely a pleasant take. I don’t think that it should be cancelled!

7. Anonymous says

PLEASE DON’T CANCEL THE SOUL MAN..ONE OF THE GOOD SHOWS ON TV….WE NEED MORE LIKE THAT ONE. LOOKING FORWARD TO IT RETURNING….

8. Dee says

The show is a pleasure. Please don’t cancel. There are some many horrible things happening everyday in the world, we need to laugh.

9. Louise says

10. says

Real People of God, Stand UP! This show is a mockery of all that is Holy. Please cancel. It is not funny. God is not a joke, neither is his way but his way is perfect and not with women with their cleavage showing, preachers with lustful attitudes and stippers in the church. Come out from among them, real christians and be seperated says the Lord!