The Soul Man

TV series The Soul ManNetwork: TV Land
Episodes: Ongoing (half-hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: June 20, 2012 – present
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Cedric the Entertainer, Niecy Nash, John Beasley, Jazz Raycole, and Wesley Jonathan.

past TV show

TV show description:
A spin-off of Hot in Cleveland, this sitcom revolves around Boyce “The Voice” Ballentine (Cedric the Entertainer). He lives the high life in Las Vegas, placing at the top of the music charts, when he gets “the calling.”

As a result, he decides to relocate to St. Louis with his family to become a preacher in the church of his former minister father, Barton Moses Ballentine (John Beasley). Making the change isn’t as smooth as he expected and must deal with the ups and downs of his church and family life.

Boyce’s wife Lolli (Niecy Nash) — now a beauty salon owner — and daughter Lyric (Jazz Raycole) aren’t exactly thrilled about giving up their fabulous superstar life for a new humble one. Fletcher Emmanuel “Stamps” Ballentine (Wesley Jonathan) is Boyce’s carefree and womanizing younger brother.
space

Series Finale

Episode –
This TV series has not ended yet.
First aired: –

space

What do you think? Do you like The Soul Man TV series? Would you like to see it cancelled or renewed for another season?

Sabrina Paulk July 5, 2014 at 9:55 am

Please renew, I love this show very entertaining

Merle June 21, 2014 at 7:56 pm

I like for someone be honest and tell what kind of real entertainment Soul Man. Please,please cancel

justbeeme June 2, 2014 at 1:20 am

I really like the show Soul Man very entertaining, but it comes on to late at night. I am here on the east coast. I am in bed and asleep by 10:00pm(with the exception of the time I am writing this email I took off tomorrow) because I have a career and it requires me to get up in the mornings by 6:00am. If I have not seen it before that time I miss it. Please consider putting it in an earlier time slot so the east coast career oriented person can view the show before 10:00pm.

Carol March 3, 2014 at 7:32 pm

As a Christian, & I attend church faithfully, at all services. In all of my time of being a Christian, I have NEVER seen a Minister (or wife) act anything like these two that are
portraying a Minister & wife. It is most certainly blasphmy, & feel that it is not showing any respect for the Ministers, Pastors, or Priests. It makes me ill to see such blatent disrespect for the Christian people.

Carol January 18, 2014 at 8:07 pm

Don’t cancel – it’s a very entertaining show!!

Anonymous November 20, 2013 at 12:06 am

PLEASE DON’T CANCEL THE SOUL MAN..ONE OF THE GOOD SHOWS ON TV….WE NEED MORE LIKE THAT ONE. LOOKING FORWARD TO IT RETURNING….

Pam Hudson October 13, 2013 at 6:14 pm

PLEASE don’t cancel. I love the show

Dee September 23, 2013 at 12:38 am

The show is a pleasure. Please don’t cancel. There are some many horrible things happening everyday in the world, we need to laugh.

Christie March 13, 2013 at 2:53 pm

PLEASE PLEASE RENEW!! :-)

Louise March 12, 2013 at 11:53 am

The truth is that, we don’t know what goes on behind closed doors in any preacher’s home or, anyone else’s home. The show is not intended to be a mockery, just entertainment. With some of the behavior that I’ve witnessed in churches, this is definitely a pleasant take. I don’t think that it should be cancelled!

linda March 2, 2013 at 11:14 am

Real People of God, Stand UP! This show is a mockery of all that is Holy. Please cancel. It is not funny. God is not a joke, neither is his way but his way is perfect and not with women with their cleavage showing, preachers with lustful attitudes and stippers in the church. Come out from among them, real christians and be seperated says the Lord!