The Strain: Season One Ratings

The Strain TV show on FXLike the characters on The Strain, TV shows have to fight for their survival. Will this new FX series be a success in the ratings and survive? Will it live to see a second season or will it be cancelled instead? Stay tuned to find out.

On The Strain, a team of disease control experts are called in to investigate when a plane lands in New York with 200 corpses on board. They soon discover that a viral outbreak has begun that could overtake humanity. The large cast includes Corey Stoll, David Bradley, Kevin Durand, Mía Maestro, Jonathan Hyde, Richard Sammel, Miguel Gomez, Natalie Brown, Jack Kesy, Sean Astin, and Robert Maillet.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s chances of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available.

8/19 update: The Strain has been renewed for a second season by FX.

Final season averages: 1.0 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.21 million total viewers.

Cable ratings are typically released within a day or so of the show’s airing, except for in the case of weekends and holidays. They are sometimes harder to locate so there may be occasional delays or gaps.

What do you think? Do you like The Strain TV show? Do you think that it should be renewed for a second season?

mozy November 18, 2014 at 3:43 am

We started watching from the beginning but stopped because it became apparent that it was just another vampire series. No more zombies, vampires, or comic book characters. Does anybody have anything original thought?

Christune October 26, 2014 at 10:28 pm

I love that show when is it coming back bring it back

BLeCrone October 26, 2014 at 1:26 pm

Best. Show on TV! Please renew it!

bzinful October 13, 2014 at 2:34 pm

I listened to the audio books and LOVED all 3 of them. I was hoping for a movie to come out so imagine my excitment when I heard there was going to be a series!!!! I am loving the series so far and FX is doing a great job on story line with book although some parts are a bit off but still great job. I can’t wait till season 2 comes out! I hope this series goes all the way thru the last book. Thanks FX!!!!

charles October 12, 2014 at 10:12 pm

FX has got a real hit on there hands but don’t screw it up. Yes this show should be renewed I am excited for season 2 but I don’t think it can be a long drout like the Walking Dead. I don’t think The Strain could come back from such a long hiatus.

Lorri October 12, 2014 at 6:10 pm

I love the show!!! Wish is as still on. We need a 2nd seadon definitely! !!!

tv crazy October 10, 2014 at 11:38 pm

Renew. Renew. Renew. We have enough zombies . Vamps are needed for balance.

josue October 6, 2014 at 1:54 pm

yes i like the show, and i think it should be renewed!

Phill October 6, 2014 at 1:43 am

This show is better than the Walking Dead! There should be no question for a second season!