The Taste

The Taste TV show on ABCNetwork: ABC
Episodes: 23 (hour)
Seasons: Three

TV show dates: January 22, 2013 — January 22, 2015.
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Anthony Bourdain, Nigella Lawson, Ludo Lefebvre, Marcus Samuelsson, and Brian Malarkey.

TV show description:
This cooking competition pits 16 chefs — from professional to amateur — against one another as they try to impress four of the world’s most notable chefs. The catch is all the dishes will be judged in a blind taste test. Presentation means nothing and the taste of a single spoonful can catapult a contender to the top or send him packing.

The judges are no-holds barred chef Anthony Bourdain, British food star Nigella Lawson, expert chef and author Ludo Lefebvre, and restaurateur Brian Malarkey.

Each of these culinary superstars/mentors coach a team of four competing cooks which have been chosen from a nationwide casting call. They’re vying to create the best tasting dish.

In each episode, the groups face team and individual challenges with a variety of culinary themes through several elimination rounds. At the end of each installment, the mentors will have to judge the competitors’ dishes blind — with no knowledge of whose creation they’re sampling, what they’re eating, how it was prepared, or whom they could be eliminating.

Series Finale:
Episode #23 — The Finale
Gabe Kennedy, a 23-year-old private chef from Brooklyn, was on Samuelsson’s team and won the competition in season three.
First aired: Janiuary 22, 2015.

What do you think? Do you like The Taste TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a fourth season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

29 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. ROCHELLE says

BORING BORING. THERE HAVE BEEN WAY WAY BETTER COOKING SHOWS TO SAY THE LEAST AND FOR THAT MATTER, WAY BETTER SHOWS IN GENERAL THAT HAVE BEEN CANCELLED. ALL THIS SHOW REALLY DOES IS SHOW HOW TO MENTOR IN DRINKING. BAD TASTE FOR PRIMETIME. GET RID OF IT.

2. Kimberly says

Am I the only one who loves this show? While I do agree it’s hard to get a true taste from one bite, they are usually taking very large bites of the meals. It’s being said that theres no entertainment value, but the little feuds btwn Ludo & Malarkey or Ludo’s constant crazy french mannerisms & accent is entertainment enough. It’s a cooking show. I think they should definitely continue this show. I think they could do more & improve things, and I’d really like to see them do that. I think the concept of the show is a great idea, but they need to stop eliminating so many people at once. I want more challenges & episodes…

3. Barb says

I don’t get the concept. It shows the chefs pushing the NO button,but then stating they really like the contestants dish……cancel!

4. Barb says

This show needs to be cancelled!! How can you tell if food is really good with only ONE BITE? It cannot be done. It takes me at least 2 bites to tell if any food is really good at all. The show is, also, very dull. There’s nothing there.

5. says

I love the fact the amateurs get a chance to go up against proffenional chefs, but what I don’t get is that if all of the judges say that they really like the taste of the food but yet no one picks the contender to go on through the next round. “DUUUUH!”

6. Cindy says

Absolutely no entertainment value, no chemistry between hosts, boring. Cancel this one; it’s a time waster, and definitely won’t watch it again.

7. Michele Rodriguez says

You had me at Bourdain. I don’t watch reality tv because I don’t find watching immature contestants sniping at and backstabbing each other interesting and the idea that the most manipulative conniving contestant will win is, for me, a disturbing concept. On this show the amuse bouche is good or it’s not. Cooks can’t lie, sabotage each other, charm judges or whine for sympathy. Most of the interaction is between four judges who all have strong personalities and who are never short of words. I enjoy their intelligent insights and often humorous commentaries. It isn’t a “cooking show”. I would compare it more to Shark Tank in that each contestant has to stand on his own merit and I am spared all the puerile antics.

8. Cell says

I love watching cooking but not this one, this show is BORING…you obviously have famous talented people (Anthony Bourdain, I love!!!) on the panel but the show has no excitement. The people cooking are boring the selection process is boring. Usually when the people are cooking in the kitchen they are running around feverishly and the excitement of the timer ticking down and someone calling out the time as it counts down brings excitement…but, in this show there is no excitement the people are not flamboyant or colorful, there is nothing…I don’t see this show lasting. Maybe if the home chefs competed against the professional chefs, to see who gets a spot on the show would add what’s needed? Let us see the preparation of the meal against the timer and see the two chefs compete for the chance…let the panel choose without knowing, if the dish was cooked by a professional or home chef….let the audience and panel guess which is which….if no one wins, no one wins…..I changed the channel.

9. Kathie says

Thos show is boring borng boring, copied to much after The Voice
    Which I love
    after 45 minutes, only 2 are accepted, boring boring boring
    (I love the majority of cooking show, love Top Chef and Master Chef)
    Sorry but I keep waiting for it to pick up the pace, so close to changing the channel