The Taste

The Taste TV show on ABCNetwork: ABC
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: January 22, 2013 – TBD
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Anthony Bourdain, Nigella Lawson, Ludo Lefebvre, and Brian Malarkey.

current TV show

TV show description:
This cooking competition pits 16 chefs — from professional to amateur — against one another as they try to impress four of the world’s most notable chefs. The catch is all the dishes will be judged in a blind taste test. Presentation means nothing and the taste of a single spoonful can catapult a contender to the top or send him packing.

The judges are no-holds barred chef Anthony Bourdain, British food star Nigella Lawson, expert chef and author Ludo Lefebvre, and restaurateur Brian Malarkey.

Each of these culinary superstars/mentors coach a team of four competing cooks which have been chosen from a nationwide casting call. They’re vying to create the best tasting dish.

In each episode, the groups face team and individual challenges with a variety of culinary themes through several elimination rounds. At the end of each installment, the mentors will have to judge the competitors’ dishes blind — with no knowledge of whose creation they’re sampling, what they’re eating, how it was prepared, or whom they could be eliminating.
space

Series Finale

Episode #TBD
This TV series has not ended yet.
First aired: TBD

space
What do you think? Do you like The Taste TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for another season?

kit March 13, 2013 at 8:16 pm

renew renew renew. I love this show.

ROCHELLE March 13, 2013 at 4:48 am

BORING BORING. THERE HAVE BEEN WAY WAY BETTER COOKING SHOWS TO SAY THE LEAST AND FOR THAT MATTER, WAY BETTER SHOWS IN GENERAL THAT HAVE BEEN CANCELLED. ALL THIS SHOW REALLY DOES IS SHOW HOW TO MENTOR IN DRINKING. BAD TASTE FOR PRIMETIME. GET RID OF IT.

Kimberly March 2, 2013 at 10:28 pm

Am I the only one who loves this show? While I do agree it’s hard to get a true taste from one bite, they are usually taking very large bites of the meals. It’s being said that theres no entertainment value, but the little feuds btwn Ludo & Malarkey or Ludo’s constant crazy french mannerisms & accent is entertainment enough. It’s a cooking show. I think they should definitely continue this show. I think they could do more & improve things, and I’d really like to see them do that. I think the concept of the show is a great idea, but they need to stop eliminating so many people at once. I want more challenges & episodes…

primetime blabber January 30, 2013 at 11:14 am

CANCEL CANCEL CANCEL

Barb January 29, 2013 at 9:29 pm

I don’t get the concept. It shows the chefs pushing the NO button,but then stating they really like the contestants dish……cancel!

Barb January 29, 2013 at 12:36 pm

This show needs to be cancelled!! How can you tell if food is really good with only ONE BITE? It cannot be done. It takes me at least 2 bites to tell if any food is really good at all. The show is, also, very dull. There’s nothing there.

Jorge January 23, 2013 at 3:08 pm

I love the fact the amateurs get a chance to go up against proffenional chefs, but what I don’t get is that if all of the judges say that they really like the taste of the food but yet no one picks the contender to go on through the next round. “DUUUUH!”

Cindy January 23, 2013 at 1:08 pm

Absolutely no entertainment value, no chemistry between hosts, boring. Cancel this one; it’s a time waster, and definitely won’t watch it again.

JC January 23, 2013 at 8:55 am

BORING!!!! 15 minutes was all I could take.

Michele Rodriguez January 23, 2013 at 7:55 am

You had me at Bourdain. I don’t watch reality tv because I don’t find watching immature contestants sniping at and backstabbing each other interesting and the idea that the most manipulative conniving contestant will win is, for me, a disturbing concept. On this show the amuse bouche is good or it’s not. Cooks can’t lie, sabotage each other, charm judges or whine for sympathy. Most of the interaction is between four judges who all have strong personalities and who are never short of words. I enjoy their intelligent insights and often humorous commentaries. It isn’t a “cooking show”. I would compare it more to Shark Tank in that each contestant has to stand on his own merit and I am spared all the puerile antics.

Cell January 22, 2013 at 9:48 pm

I love watching cooking but not this one, this show is BORING…you obviously have famous talented people (Anthony Bourdain, I love!!!) on the panel but the show has no excitement. The people cooking are boring the selection process is boring. Usually when the people are cooking in the kitchen they are running around feverishly and the excitement of the timer ticking down and someone calling out the time as it counts down brings excitement…but, in this show there is no excitement the people are not flamboyant or colorful, there is nothing…I don’t see this show lasting. Maybe if the home chefs competed against the professional chefs, to see who gets a spot on the show would add what’s needed? Let us see the preparation of the meal against the timer and see the two chefs compete for the chance…let the panel choose without knowing, if the dish was cooked by a professional or home chef….let the audience and panel guess which is which….if no one wins, no one wins…..I changed the channel.

Kathie January 22, 2013 at 8:50 pm

Thos show is boring borng boring, copied to much after The Voice
Which I love
after 45 minutes, only 2 are accepted, boring boring boring
(I love the majority of cooking show, love Top Chef and Master Chef)
Sorry but I keep waiting for it to pick up the pace, so close to changing the channel

Rosemarie January 22, 2013 at 8:28 pm

Hate it cancel it Asap

Anonymous January 22, 2013 at 8:26 pm

Hate this show and the judges

Sherri January 22, 2013 at 8:07 pm

how do i sighn up for your show