The Tomorrow People: Season One Ratings

The Tomorrow People TV show ratings: cancelled or renewed?The CW has had mixed ratings success with shows that revolve around individuals with special powers. How will The Tomorrow People do? Will it be a big hit and be renewed for a second season or will it be cancelled instead? We’ll have to wait and see.

On The Tomorrow People, a teenager (Robbie Amell) discovers that he has paranormal abilities. He also learns that others like him have gone into hiding because they’re being hunted by a paramilitary group of scientists known as Ultra. The rest of the cast includes Luke Mitchell, Peyton List, Aaron Yoo, Mark Pellegrino, and Madeleine Mantock.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s likelihood of staying on the air. The higher the ratings (particularly the 18-49 demo), the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available — typically the following morning, around 11:30am EST/8:30am PST. Refresh to see the latest.

5/8 update: The CW has cancelled The Tomorrow People after one season.

Final season averages: 0.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.44 million total viewers.

These are the final national numbers (unless noted with an “*”). These are different from the fast affiliate numbers which are just estimates of the actual ratings. The final nationals are typically released within 24 hours of the programming or, in the case of weekends and holidays, a couple days later.

What do you think? Do you like The Tomorrow People TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Matt February 18, 2014 at 5:36 pm

Renew please!

Derek Rogers February 18, 2014 at 3:11 pm

Please renew, The Tomorrow People is awesome!
Much better than the lame Star-crossed!

Jennifer Heilgeist February 14, 2014 at 5:50 am

I didn’t like the show at first but as it has progressed I have changed my opinion and I think the actors are settling into their roles nicely. I would hate to see this show go. The CW has had much success with supernaturally based shows and I for one like that about the CW. There’s plenty of detective reality dramas out there I like the fictional super human shows much more then the close to reality, fictional TV dramas or reality TV in general. I vote renew

cheryl February 13, 2014 at 6:23 pm

Renew please!!!!!!!!

James February 12, 2014 at 10:19 pm

Is there a save The Tomorrow People website!?

James February 12, 2014 at 10:18 pm

How can we save this show?!

FERN February 12, 2014 at 8:31 pm

LOVE THIS SHOW it has to be renewed!

Anonymous February 12, 2014 at 5:48 pm

I love the tomorrow people

Paul February 5, 2014 at 10:09 pm

I like it and the show is really good
At first I felt it was a bit boring but since it came back after the mid season finale
I have been enjoying it
I would like a S2

99ways2die January 30, 2014 at 4:37 am

Well I would hope it gets renewed. It’s a great show but these days people seem more interested in what Snooki and HoneyBooBoo are doing then what talented TV programs are out there. Alas the Tomorrow People will probably go the way of Fire Fly and Kyle XY. Great shows with allot of promise, a story line that may be an older idea but NOT another Star Trek and to complicated for the J-WOW generation to understand.

Kurt Bethel January 23, 2014 at 11:33 am

PLEASE RENEW this show!! It’s one of my Favorites, I love the effects and I think it could become a great show if just given a chance. I like how they incorporate the special powers angle into the show without being to hokey or over the top by keeping the show grounded with some reality.

Anonymous January 29, 2014 at 1:42 am

I totally agree!!!

Anonymous January 29, 2014 at 1:47 am

I agree!! But sadly I do think the shows not destined for much. After they find his dad and the safe haven (if they do) then the show has nothing else to run on. They can only make one or two seasons out of that plot before it gets old. Don’t get me wrong, I love the show and would love to see it renewed! But I’ve also watched enough flops and successes to be able to see that this ones going down hill. They need to get ratings back up and if they can do that, the show will go on. If not…

Anonymous February 2, 2014 at 4:43 pm

I disagree that they wouldn’t have much to go on. I could see several successive story arcs. After the dad story line is resolved, the next would be an arc to take down Ultra. After that, they could do an arc on seamlessly re-integrating with “normal” humans but using their powers for thwarting criminals and thus benefiting humanity. Lots of action and intrigue, if written correctly, like a sort of a cross between crime drama and super-heroism. This show could last for at least 3 or 4 additional seasons that way. My only hope if they do cancel it, is that they give an adequate end and closure to the show and don’t just leave it hanging.

Jennifer Heilgeist February 14, 2014 at 5:53 am

I think you have a very good point there is plenty they can do with his storyline, its a one trick pony show

Jennifer Heilgeist February 14, 2014 at 5:54 am

oops its not a one trick pony show

Anonymous January 19, 2014 at 8:19 pm

Renewed!

BKD November 9, 2013 at 3:53 am

I’m really liking this show, and the SFX seem pretty good by my standarts… I look forward to each episode!

Jim Fung October 20, 2013 at 6:32 am

Great show! Love the character and family moments the best. Don’t like action, too violent.

The computer TIM was in the original British series in the 1970s.

Being a double agent, that’s hardly specific to Alias, LOL.

Grandizer October 11, 2013 at 9:26 am

Eh, the effects are okay, the action is there, the nod to Alias though??? Good guy works for the bad guys to find information to feed back to the good guys…
Of course he has “EXTRA” powers then the others and he can control the most important one right away although he has had NO ability to control the other powers at all.
OK… I am sure we will see some form of flashback where his dad showed him something and then made him forget about it until he needed it…
Oh and an AI supercomputer??? Ok…