The Tomorrow People: TV Show Cancelled by The CW

The Tomorrow TV show on CW: cancel or renew?The CW is starting over on Monday nights. They’ve cancelled both Star-Crossed and The Tomorrow People after one season apiece.

On The Tomorrow People, a teenager (Robbie Amell) discovers that he has paranormal abilities. He also learns that others like him have gone into hiding because they’re being hunted by a paramilitary group of scientists known as Ultra. The rest of the cast includes Luke Mitchell, Peyton List, Aaron Yoo, Mark Pellegrino, and Madeleine Mantock.

The drama debuted back in October and aired on Wednesday nights, paired with the network’s popular Arrow series. It performed well in the beginning but the ratings fell over the course of the season, dropping as low as a 0.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 1.24 million viewers.

The series moved to Monday nights and lost even more viewers. In last April, The Tomorrow People hit a series low, drawing just 760,000 viewers.

The season (now series) finale, which aired this week, left plenty of story opportunities for a second season but it won’t be happening.

What do you think? Are you sorry that there won’t be a second season of The Tomorrow People? Do you think it should have been cancelled?

Donavan July 8, 2014 at 7:23 pm

Please make a season two, it was my favorite show

Sarah July 8, 2014 at 7:31 am

Can’t believe they aren’t doing a season two really disappointed I loved this show!

jenny July 8, 2014 at 6:54 am

oh noooo. Please don’t cancel this show, love it.
My teens lov eit, I love it and our friends love it. It’s so popular in Sydney.

Avery July 8, 2014 at 3:12 am

Why would you cancel it? So many people love this show!! You need to have a second season

jade July 6, 2014 at 6:29 pm

Why the tomorrow people that is a really good programme I am so disappointed I was getting my hopes up to see the second series and also the tomorrow people was actually a programme I was interested in really well.

jason July 6, 2014 at 1:49 pm

Noooo please don’t stop the tomorrow people, i would love season 2, plz bring it back

ilham July 5, 2014 at 12:36 am

bring it back i loved that show and would love season 2

Janelle July 4, 2014 at 8:49 pm

I am extremely disappointed this show is cancelled. I didn’t know it switched days so I missed the last half of the season. I have been missing it for months. I was hoping there would be reruns I could catch. Everytime I find a show I get addicted to it gets cancelled. I loved Star Crossed too. The CW is really disappointing me.

louise July 4, 2014 at 6:07 pm

Wtf??? Why cancel ttp? I loved that series- im in the uk and they’re re-running it already- it was huge here! I think they’ve made a massive mistake!!

Miles88 July 4, 2014 at 4:52 pm

you B******DS bring it back u are always doing this first chuck now this i hate u so much GRRRRRRRR

Cameron July 3, 2014 at 8:38 pm

What!!!!!!!!!!!! NO , you can’t do this all the time I really love the tomorrow people and I was really looking forward to seeing season 2 please don’t do this im begging you please! !!!!!

allen July 3, 2014 at 8:20 pm

We want season 2!
It is one of the most beautiful telefilm i’ve ever seen!

Rosie July 3, 2014 at 3:48 pm

What ok, these TV people should stop making series and then cancelling the ssecond season!! Jeeze first the secret circle now this!! And they wonder why people stop watching TV we don’t want to get our hopes up and than let them crush us. Now I have to find a new serie to watch. again….

Charles Richardson July 1, 2014 at 11:58 pm

What? Canceled no! I Surely hope its not over cause its me and my wife’s favorite show. We been worrying about why the second season hasn’t came on yet. We all about keeping seeing this show continue thank you. Ps. I will be headed to the store to buy season 1 on dvd.

kisetu July 1, 2014 at 1:44 pm