The Tomorrow People: TV Show Cancelled by The CW

The Tomorrow TV show on CW: cancel or renew?The CW is starting over on Monday nights. They’ve cancelled both Star-Crossed and The Tomorrow People after one season apiece.

On The Tomorrow People, a teenager (Robbie Amell) discovers that he has paranormal abilities. He also learns that others like him have gone into hiding because they’re being hunted by a paramilitary group of scientists known as Ultra. The rest of the cast includes Luke Mitchell, Peyton List, Aaron Yoo, Mark Pellegrino, and Madeleine Mantock.

The drama debuted back in October and aired on Wednesday nights, paired with the network’s popular Arrow series. It performed well in the beginning but the ratings fell over the course of the season, dropping as low as a 0.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 1.24 million viewers.

The series moved to Monday nights and lost even more viewers. In last April, The Tomorrow People hit a series low, drawing just 760,000 viewers.

The season (now series) finale, which aired this week, left plenty of story opportunities for a second season but it won’t be happening.

What do you think? Are you sorry that there won’t be a second season of The Tomorrow People? Do you think it should have been cancelled?

Canceled and renewed TV show

4,018 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Wes says

I WANT THE TOMORROW PEOPLE BACK!!! BEST SERIE I HAVE WATCHED IN AGES!!!! JUST MAKE MORE NEWS ABOUT IT!!!!!!!

2. Jesus G says

I want that series back please, is one of the best series and I knew that in the moment that I start to see it, Renew that series come on!

3. Carlos says

WTF is wrong with u guys… You cannot just cancel like that. We require(demand) a season 2. It is a very good series it is one of better series that CW can show us! C’MON SEASON 2 plzzz

4. danielle says

i loved this show and star-crossed im upset that they got cancelled. should have gotten to season two at least.

5. Ronesha Ellington says

I love the tomorrow’s people you can’t just cancel the show. I was looking forward to new drama. I never missed an episode the show needs a season 2. PRETTY PLEASE!!!!! WITH A CHERRY ON TOP RECONSIDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;););););););););););););););)XOXO

6. angeli says

What the heck CW! I like this show a lot. It was much different from the other shows. This show and Supernatural is my favorite! I cannot believe CW has cancelled so many shows, this one had potential with awesome actors. I was expecting a season 2 since you left the last season in a perspective of mystery. I am very disappointed!

7. Play says

short and sweet i believe there should be a new season of the tomorrow people i watched every show even the old show when i was a child & have been looking forward to the 2nd season

play

8. Tareq Alhamrani says

I was waiting the season 2 of this show, then i saw that there is no plan of season 2 on imbd, then i checked out on google until i found the news about it been cancelled, why?

Come on, because it is low ratings you cancelled it? I am from UAE, and i loved this series a lot, i like all TV series about powers or abilities or magic or heroes, so this one was very amazing and it has that nice colors and cinematic effects, please continue it, ratings will go up with next seasons having better stories and drama, i hate when a series being cancelled from end of first or second season, which if you made it like 4 seasons with 5-6 episodes in each, better than having long episodes number in one season and then suddenly you cancel it.

Ok, i think if you will not continue new season of this series TTP then produce another TV show that has same idea, heroes with powers or abilities, but make sure you will have more seasons, i was like dead when they stopped “Heroes” TV show at season 4.

9. Aruzhan says

If you put a show on and then cancel it, there is no piont of even putting it n if you are going to cancel it and make million of people angry and upset, did you know how much viewers you can loose because of 1 show? you don’t because, i think that you don’t care about the viewers because cancelling great shows and renewing shows with really really really low ratings, i think that the cw network is unfair.

10. says

me and my family loved the show,and to hear it cancelled is a big blow to my heart. i think we should have a season 2 on a Thursday night as no shows are on then.

11. Bill Gabbert says

The Tomorrow People was my favorite show! Instead of canceling the show switch it to Thursday nights! There are not that many good shows on Thursday. With all the stupid shows on television, why do the good ones get canceled?

12. abbie adey says

it should not of been cancelled i love luke mitchell he is so hot, i cant believe it, why was it cancelled??????????????????????????????????