The Tomorrow People: TV Show Cancelled by The CW

The Tomorrow TV show on CW: cancel or renew?The CW is starting over on Monday nights. They’ve cancelled both Star-Crossed and The Tomorrow People after one season apiece.

On The Tomorrow People, a teenager (Robbie Amell) discovers that he has paranormal abilities. He also learns that others like him have gone into hiding because they’re being hunted by a paramilitary group of scientists known as Ultra. The rest of the cast includes Luke Mitchell, Peyton List, Aaron Yoo, Mark Pellegrino, and Madeleine Mantock.

The drama debuted back in October and aired on Wednesday nights, paired with the network’s popular Arrow series. It performed well in the beginning but the ratings fell over the course of the season, dropping as low as a 0.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 1.24 million viewers.

The series moved to Monday nights and lost even more viewers. In last April, The Tomorrow People hit a series low, drawing just 760,000 viewers.

The season (now series) finale, which aired this week, left plenty of story opportunities for a second season but it won’t be happening.

What do you think? Are you sorry that there won’t be a second season of The Tomorrow People? Do you think it should have been cancelled?

migdalia July 27, 2014 at 12:40 am

Omg really? I think cw made a big mistake…. Don’t understand how the originals is still on and they cancel this. So mad right now!

Me July 26, 2014 at 9:59 pm

That’s fuckin shite! I loved that

Ben Wallace July 26, 2014 at 5:05 pm

Very disappointed – season one was really good.

nanny July 25, 2014 at 11:25 am

Loved this show. Will be missed.

Sheyna July 25, 2014 at 7:40 am

What is wrong with TV producers?! Do they even sit and watch the series themselves? I’m sick of them canceling great programs I love. It was a good show and there was a new story to it! Howver, many of the serieses that are still going are only on because of the pretty faces, how cares about the story (not saying that this one didn’t, but still, it had more to it)!!

Nicole July 23, 2014 at 9:16 pm

I am sooo mad and disappointed! I watched that show every week with my family. We have been looking forward to seeing how next season plays out, and now I don’t have any interest in the CW any more. Maybe another network will buy the rights and keep it going to please the viewers. I don’t think they take into consideration DVR into their calculations.

Amber July 23, 2014 at 4:06 pm

Im enraged that they cancelled this show. Just watched the whole thing online in less then a week, not realizing of course that there wouldn’t be another season to watch. Tell me, how do all the shitty shows stay and they cancel all the amazing ones. Loved the cast, loved the story line, loved everything about it. Very, VERY disappointing.

peace July 22, 2014 at 6:04 pm

Something is not OK with cancelling TTP…They can say anything about it but I do not believe to them.

dave July 22, 2014 at 5:21 pm

wy do the canel it people in holland are watching it and more people in europa
it is zo stupid that the cancel it

rich cushing July 22, 2014 at 1:38 am

I am soooooooo mad I loved the show thought it was great I don’t even know what tosay iI think that they should have given it a second chance

Ph4ntom July 21, 2014 at 9:57 pm

I love the tomorrow people i watched that show religiously over and over on hulu. I don’t want it to be cancelled

Anonymous July 21, 2014 at 6:39 pm

Leave it to TV they put on a good show just to fail the viewers when they can’t think of anything else good to add. So of cause they cancel the easy way out bunch of losers. When you start something at least be smart enough to finish it the right way.

Eli george July 21, 2014 at 4:45 am

The Tomorrow People was the only program I looked forward to watching, I would re-arrange my plans just to watch it. I out of all people would more than happily give the series a 11/10 it deserves. But I am shocked to hear that it wasnt successfull. If I had to beg for one thing it would defenatly be another series. Please, to any readers out there help us give The Tomorrow People another shot, they deserve it!

Courtney July 21, 2014 at 3:40 am

I wish it hadn’t of cancelled! I honestly looked forwarded to watching it every week! I guess we will never know what happens to john and the founder???

Cameron July 19, 2014 at 10:46 pm

The Tommorow People for me was a great show I honestly and truly loved it. It should continue being on The CW. In my opinion it’s one of the best mysterical magical shows on TV right now, I am truly upset that one of my favorite shows isnt going to be on television anymore.It should continue to be on TV.
-Cameron