The Unit

The UnitNetwork: CBS
Episodes: 69 (hour)
Seasons: Four

TV show dates: March 7, 2006 — May 10, 2009
Series status: Cancelled/ended

Performers include: Dennis Haysbert, Regina Taylor, Audrey Marie Anderson, Robert Patrick, Max Martini, Abby Brammell, Michael Irby, Scott Foley, Demore Barnes, Alyssa Shafer, Danielle Hanratty, Kavita Patil, and Rebecca Pidgeon

the unit past TV show

TV show description:
Based at the fictional Fort Griffith base, a top-secret U.S. Army organization (The Unit) performs covert missions around the world. If a something goes awry, the government will deny any knowledge of the operation so as to avoid an International incident.

The Unit is commanded by a no-nonsense Colonel, Tom Ryan (Robert Patrick), who reports directly to the President. Sergeant Major Jonas Blane (Dennis Haysbert) leads the team in the field. His men include veteran Master Sergeant Mack Gerhardt (Max Martini), demolitions expert Sergeant First Class Charles Grey (Michael Irby), marksman Sergeant First Class Hector Williams (Demore Barnes), and new member Sergeant First Class Bob Brown (Scott Foley).

At home, the families of the men are kept in the dark as to the missions and are encouraged to bond and support one another. Part-time real estate agent Molly Blane (Regina Taylor) is the group’s unofficial leader and helps new members to acclimate to the unique lifestyle.

Other civilians include Tiffy Gerhardt (Abby Brammell), Kim Brown (Audrey Marie Anderson), Charlotte Ryan (Rebecca Pidgeon), Crystal Burns (Summer Glau), and Jeremy Erhart (Daniel Wisler).

Canceled and renewed TV show

38 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. krdavis says

It’s a year and a half later and people still want The Unit back. Many of the actors are doing one-time stints on other programs–it makes me miss The Unit all over again. Re-assemble The Unit!!!!

2. carolyn says

Of all the shows to cancell…. this is one that gives our military credit for what they do. We honor the men and women of our military by becoming aware of the situations they face on a daily basis to protect our freedom and liberty.. Shame on CBS for cancelling one of the few shows who assist in reminding us whay and whom we owe for our freedom of speech, full grocery stores, and assistance during emergencies and so man;y other positive aspects they have in our society.

3. jking says

this tv show is what got me thru the sleepness nights i have were im at i just found out about it whenb i deployed and i just found out that there will be no more of it and i think its bull

4. artymgysgt says

The best show on network T.V. I also beleive that The Unit being cancelled was in keeping with CBS’s political affiliation with Obama and his leftist crew. Next NCIS will be chopped because of it’s military association.

5. Kay Earle says

The Unit is a GREAT show. I think it is better than the “other high suspense show” on Fox because it stays with its characters from season to season. Also the relationships with their families and each other,gets into the depth of each character – it’s not just about a mission. I say how can such trash shows (sitcoms)stay on and this wonderful show be cancelled?????????????

• says

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE BRING back THE UNIT!!! There is so much stress, feeling of something is missing, and hopelessness surrounding us today. Just knowing that Jonas and the gang would solving problem and continue to remind us that the America has the ability to do anything necessary for us to survive. This series gave us hope!!!

PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!

6. Bowstring says

CBS, you’re killing me. This was alsolutely The Best show. I have the asme concerns that have been voiced before. The Theme from years one and two was much better and conveyed the seriousness of the men, the missions, and the show in general. Also less wives as double agents would have been nice as well. Overall though, this was an awesome show about the Delta Force shooters and how things can change in a moments notice. Really guys, there was not one slot available for this show? Some of the crap that passes the test isn’t worth anything. Please rethink this, or let someone else have the show. PS: Please don’t cancel my second favorite show now, Criminal Minds. That is borderline realistic too so I am sure it is doomed. Not enough vampires, smasrtass teens, or idiot parents.

7. Maryann says

My husband and I loved wathching “The Unit”. It was one of the last honorable shows left on TV. I mean it showes the pride of America and Amercia as Hero’s.
    I think it makes us a stronger better people for having watched the show. There are some of us that still have pride in their country.

Everything on TV seems to be reality shows, this was a nice hour to be fully entertained and forget the world for an hour.

It actually makes it’s viewers stronger in their lives, business, and country.

I am not in the over 55 crowd and older. However I am a cancer survivor and the same moxy that it took to make it through breast cancer was the same integrity and moxy you need to be a survivor.

Would have been great if it was changed up a little…bringing some of the younger actors in but not taking away the core of the show such as Jonus(Haybert) and Mollie(Taylor) would have been a good spin.

Hopefully another network will pick the show back up and give it some tweaking so that it can continue on for more seasons!

8. Erick says

Wow what a great show and its cancelled. Im not one to watch too much tv (really I dont) but i sure as heck watched The Unit, It’s the only thing i watched on tv at night.
    Loved it, coming from an Ex Marine and current Police Officer.
    Please bring it back u have a great cast, and a great writer.

Stop and think for a minute. ITS A GREAT SHOW.

9. valecia says

What are you guys thinking about. This is the greatest show on television the re-runs are still exciting to the unit fans all across the world. I wish another tv or production would pick this show up. You guys are crazy for letting this slip through your hands.

10. Gerry says

PLEASE , PLEASE , PLEASE BRING BACK THE UNIT. IT WAS EASILY ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS ON TV. HOW CAN YOU END THIS SHOW AND KEEP SOME OF THE CRAP YOU ARE ACARRYING THESE DAYS ? PLEASE BRING IT BACK !!!!!!!!!!

11. renee says

CBS, I cannot believe you cancelled an excellent show. There is so much crap on TV that I watch only a few shows. I waited all summer for the return of the Unit. The writing was very good and the charactors well defined. Shame on you. Please bring it back.

12. says

cbs,you suck, no wonder yall cathing up with nbc as the worst network..you couldnt remember what a good show was since i love lucky..bring the unit back

13. Sandy M says

OMG, I can’t believe The Unit has been cancelled. My husband and I plan our whole week around this program. It is one of the very few shows with high standards, morals, and entertainment that we love. Why would CBS cancel such a great show. We call our friends and other family members and talk about the show every week. We waited all summer for this show. We are so loyal to the showing. Is this a political move? I am highly suspiscious about why they would cancel a show people absolute love. Shame Shame. Who’s making these decisions? Losers.

• PAT PORRAZZO says

DISSAPPOINTD & SCHOCKED TO HEAR THAT THE UNIT IS CNX. OTHER SHOWS ARE ON THAT DON’T EVEN COMPARE ARE STILL ON. THE SHOW THE ACTOR’S ETC. IN THE UNIT ARE SO RIGHT HOPE IF CBS DOESN;T BRING IT BACK THE ANOTHER STATION WILL