The Unusuals

The UnusualsNetwork: ABC
Episodes: 10 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: April 8, 2009 — June 17, 2009
Series status: Cancelled/ended

Performers include: Amber Tamblyn, Jeremy Renner, Harold Perrineau, Adam Goldberg, Terry Kinney, Joshua Close, Monique Curnen, and Kai Lennox.

the unusuals past TV show

TV show description:
Detective Casey Shraeger (Amber Tamblyn) starts her day as an undercover hooker working for the NYPD vice department but is suddenly and unexpectedly transferred to the division’s homicide unit. The young officer finds herself thrust into a crazy world that’s full of dark humor, bodies, and bullets. Casey’s immediately partnered with Detective Jason Walsh (Jeremy Renner). Their first assignment together isn’t any easy one — find the killer of Walsh’s former partner.

As the pair seeks out the cop killer, Casey begins to realize that the force is full of secrets and that’s just fine considering she has a few of her own. It’s also a place where it helps to have a twisted sense of humor, since every day could be your last.

Partners Eric Delahoy (Adam Goldberg) and Leo Banks (Harold Perrineau) are polar opposites. Delahoy has a serious deathwish while Banks is so cautious that he refuses to remove his bulletproof vest.

Detective Eddie Alvarez (Kai Lennox) is a practical joke-playing social climber who has no problem stealing cases if they’ll get him some front-page coverage in the papers.

Meanwhile, Detective Henry Cole (Josh Close) is a religious guy who’s trying to keep his secret past from both his streetwise partner, Allison Beaumont (Monique Gabriela Curnen), and Sgt. Harvey Brown (Terry Kinney), who is struggling to rid the 2nd precinct of corruption.
Canceled and renewed TV show

142 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Allen Vaughn says

Apparently I don’t know what is on what network, dosen’t matter they all SUCK.

I’m still pissed. Al Vaughn Tallmadge, Ohio

2. Allen Vaughn says

You idiots at cbs need to rethink your futures, this was, a great show you obviously
    have no concept of what the public watches or wants to watch. I loved the unit also.
    But what we need to understand as TV veiwers is that it,s not just cbs it,s nbc and
    abc as well, you could put the execs. from all three networks together and not be able to mold a brain, or strain an ounce of common sense from the bunch.

I’m pissed. Al Vaughn Tallmadge, Ohio

3. Dee says

There is not many shows that keeps my interest. The Unusals is one that does. I love the stories and the interaction with the actors. My biggest surprise was the interaction between Adam Goldberg and Harold Perrineau I can,t believe that was the same guy in Lost. JUst shows you give the right script to an actor and it can do wonders.
    PLease ABC I beg of you don,t take it off, take one of those stupid reality shows first.

4. chris roncketti says

I am not going to watch anything else on ABC. I’m glad they don’t have Monday nights football anymore so I can stick to this pretty well. I really enjoyed this show and I’m personally boycotting ABC.

5. Julie says

Why would cbs cancel such a great show! It’s unique, funny, and has great characters, and that’s just what we need more of! I have never heard anything bad about this show, everyone I talk to loves this show! Give it time to catch on at least do that much!

6. Susan Cordes says

As usual, it is not unusual for the suits or whatever number crunching, bean counting types to cancel a show that is unusual and interesting. Another reminder not to watch ABC, you cancel good shows such as Life on Mars and back mindless, plotless, reality shows. Back to cable with HBO and SHO and maybe even a good book.
    As far as I’m concerned, you are cancelled.

7. ettie says

The Unusuals is one of a scant few shows to pull me away from cbs. well written plots, interesting character development, a collection of characters i have come to care about, i hope abc will reconsider.

8. Mark Wallin says

Great Job, ABC. Keep canceling good shows like The Unusuals and its predecessor Life on Mars. Apparently too thought provoking for the average slob. Since there is almost nothing left on TV for anyone with an IQ over 70, I am just going to start reading all those books I have stockpiled. I don’t have any interest in shows like “Dancing with the Baboons” or “Swapping My Wife for a Beer”.

9. dani says

Why tune into new and interesting shows? As soon as you get attached, some suit comes along and yanks it out from the line up. The networks wonder why they can’t retain viewers? Everytime my family and I invest ourselves into a series they tell us “Sorry. Not enough millions of viewers. We are going to show reruns of Funniest Home Videos forever instead. Enjoy.” THIS SUCKS.

10. Deezy says

They are keeping that show about the Parks with Amy Polhler and cancelling the Unusuals? The network is crazy. What can we do? The Unusuals is the best show ever. I Love it and watch it every week! Please reconsidered.

11. Karen says

ABC what are you thinking??!!! Don’t cancel The Unusuals!! This program with all of it’s quirky characters and plots is one of the best shows on TV at this time…If you want to cancel something, how about some of the reality programing!! These programs are nothing more than mindless fluff, designed only to take up space on the networks schedules. Surely no one truly get invested in this type of programming. Give the viewers something with some grit to it…like The Unusuals!!!!! Again is say…DON’T CANCEL THE UNUSUALS!!! Please!

Sincerely

12. says

I cannot believe you are cancelling this show. It was one the the best shows on tv. What are you going to replace it with a stupid reality show. What a bonehead move.

13. Jillian says

I can’t believe ABC wants to cancel this show. I love all the quirky characters. I DVR the show weekly as well.