The Unusuals

The UnusualsNetwork: ABC
Episodes: 10 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: April 8, 2009 — June 17, 2009
Series status: Cancelled/ended

Performers include: Amber Tamblyn, Jeremy Renner, Harold Perrineau, Adam Goldberg, Terry Kinney, Joshua Close, Monique Curnen, and Kai Lennox.

the unusuals past TV show

TV show description:
Detective Casey Shraeger (Amber Tamblyn) starts her day as an undercover hooker working for the NYPD vice department but is suddenly and unexpectedly transferred to the division’s homicide unit. The young officer finds herself thrust into a crazy world that’s full of dark humor, bodies, and bullets. Casey’s immediately partnered with Detective Jason Walsh (Jeremy Renner). Their first assignment together isn’t any easy one — find the killer of Walsh’s former partner.

As the pair seeks out the cop killer, Casey begins to realize that the force is full of secrets and that’s just fine considering she has a few of her own. It’s also a place where it helps to have a twisted sense of humor, since every day could be your last.

Partners Eric Delahoy (Adam Goldberg) and Leo Banks (Harold Perrineau) are polar opposites. Delahoy has a serious deathwish while Banks is so cautious that he refuses to remove his bulletproof vest.

Detective Eddie Alvarez (Kai Lennox) is a practical joke-playing social climber who has no problem stealing cases if they’ll get him some front-page coverage in the papers.

Meanwhile, Detective Henry Cole (Josh Close) is a religious guy who’s trying to keep his secret past from both his streetwise partner, Allison Beaumont (Monique Gabriela Curnen), and Sgt. Harvey Brown (Terry Kinney), who is struggling to rid the 2nd precinct of corruption.
Canceled and renewed TV show

142 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. cheryl dann says

I do not think they should have cancelled the show. That was a very good show. I really think they are making a mistake.

2. Linda E says

The Network program directors do not know their audience. Do they take into account the fact that many of use our cable DVR function and watch the programs later as we can. I am not going to start watching any new programs – why waste me time????????
    Bring back the Unusuals as a start to giving the viewers what they want. Your network has gone to the dogs. Realty shows are for the people who leave their TV’s on while doing something else. I hate Reality shows and will never watch one. BRING BACK THE UNUSUALS – IT WAS A GREAT SHOW

3. Melissa M. says

WTF were u thinking?I watch 10+ show on ur channel.Not anymore! I,along with 32 co-workers who watched The Unusuals,have banned together& swear to NEVER watch ABC again unless u bring this show back.Listen to the people for once!!! Maybe then u all will be able to keep ur jobs!!! What idiots u r!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Cathy says

Truly, I thought I might be mistaken and it was just gone for the summer. What a surprise! No more Unusuals!! This was a different, quirky, intriguing show.. more true to life in many respects than the Law and Order with a cast that was wonderful with all the phobalies. Sorry to see it go, and of course, won’t be watching your station during this timeframe again unless they come back. Seems you lose a lot of viewers this way!! Oh, I only watch 2 other shows on your network as it is, maybe someone else should be your “decider” as to what stays and what goes?

5. jim P says

The problem is the greed, the network have no penitence, they want instant results! It’s not about quality anymore, it’s about profit plain and simple. Cable has decimated the mainstream networks, they are jumping throw their asses trying to recover all of the viewers they have lost over the past years. The children running the mainstream networks are like a bunch of kids on Ritalin! It is sad; the once great giants of TV have fallen and can’t get up! Do the right thing for once and listen to the people and not your wallet put the show back on and you’ll see.

6. Kathy Z says

This show was one of the few cop shows I ever watched. I thought the cast was excellent, there was drama, humor and some romance. Not your typical murder
    cop shows, of which we have enough. I can get that on the nightly news.
    Very poor decision on ABC’s part……………again a real disappointment

7. Pam says

What a horrible decision. This was a great cop show–even my husband liked it and he hates cop shows. ABC is crazy. Don’t any of the networks give shows a chance to attract an audience anymore?

8. Elayne says

Why did you cancel the show it was one of the best shows on. Whoever makes the
    decisions on programming MADE THE WRONG DECISION…………………………………

9. Manny says

WTF!!!!! Was waiting for it to return and saw the new Fall lineup and it wasn’t included. Great show. Who is running ABC anyway?

10. Gloria says

Can someone tell me who to write to about this show. ABC didn’t even give this show a chance. I hope another chanel will pick it up. Who can I complain too.

11. Robert says

Great show. Another reason why I dont watch shows on ABC anymore. They get you hooked on a good show then dissapoint you. Not even a finale. You could have at least given us that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!