The Walking Dead: Season Five Renewal for Hit AMC Series

Walking Dead season fiveAMC has renewed The Walking Dead for a fifth season.

Walking Dead is the top-rated show in the 18-49 demographic and currently averages a 7.7 rating with more than 15 million viewers.

Charlie Collier, AMC’s president, said, “We are very happy to make what has to be one of the most anti-climactic renewal announcements ever: The Walking Dead is renewed for a fifth season. This is a show that has erased traditional distinctions between cable and broadcast. Its expanding base of passionate fans has grown every season, most recently – and most notably – with the season four premiere earlier this month, which broke viewership records for the series and became the biggest non-sports telecast in cable history. On behalf of the incredible team on both sides of the camera, thank you to the fans and here’s to more Dead.”

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that Walking Dead will be back next year? How long would you like to see it continue?

10 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Floyd says

Best show on T.V. right now, we never miss an episode and anxiously await every new show, if you think this show sucks, get rid of your t.v you should’nt be allowed to watch it,lol

2. says

I love the walking dead. Glad its back .Keep up the good work both cast & crew.
    I hope you all keep it up .IT is a great show .LOVE U ALL . w\We watch it all the time. Thank u all .Love u all .Love It . Love it…….
    thank u all .. betty

3. Carolina Guy says

Please let this show die.So many people talk about how good it is but it just plain sucks.Seriously,are people braindead?Must be because they seem to eat this drivel up…

4. Kate Fredericks says

One of the best shows, with the best cast on TV. I was truly worried it would not be renewed again………

5. Jeremy Rynek says

Renewed for just one season? I’m surprised it’s not renewed for it’s tenth season by now. I’d say the network struck gold here, but that would be an understatement.

6. Loretta Hunt says

I am soooo happy that The Walking Dead has been renewed for a 5th season, my FAVORITE Show! I would like to see it go on forever. Limitless seasons and episodes. I do think though that since this show is so loved that the powers that be should seriously consider raising the number of episodes per season and the time we have to wait for new seasons be shortened.

7. DONNAB says

Ecstatic to hear of 5th season renewal. Need to fix you demographics – I am 60 and my friends of the same age range love this show as much as I do. I think the makers of this show are incredible! Do not ever lower the integrity and quality that is currently put into this show. I believe this show could go on for decades. The cast changes enough to keep a storyline ever changing and new! Keep up the great work.

• Rose says

YES, please change that demographic… we’re in our 60’s also… and LOVE that program! Glad to see there are so many others.

Buuut, please tell Talking Dead NOT to have Marilyn Manson back! Ugh, he was sooo annoying.. didn’t let Jack get a word in edgewise.

• Kate Fredericks says

Donna, somehow we over 50 need to unite and let them know how offended we are by their bigoted demographics policies! They are discriminatory and do not apply to our generation. We were brought up in the computer age, many of us worked jobs where we had to be proficient in Word, Excel, QuickBooks, and many others. Now that we are retired, we have more free time to watch TV and most of us have the most disposable income from working hard for a lifetime. Also, we CAN make a show. Do they think NCIS would top the ratings chart week after week if not for us? I think it is scandalous and needs to be dramatically changed! Wonder what would happen if all of us over 50 turned off our TV’s for a week? Wouldn’t they all be in a pickle?? πŸ˜‰