The Walking Dead: Season Four Ratings

The Walking Dead ratingsLast season, The Walking Dead set ratings records for AMC. Will the show’s audience continue to grow in season four or will the numbers start to decline? How long can this zombie apocalypse series run? Stay tuned to find out.

In this season of The Walking Dead, Rick may not be a leader any longer but that’s certainly not the end of his problems. The large cast includes Andrew Lincoln, Norman Reedus, Steven Yeun, Lauren Cohan, Chandler Riggs, Danai Gurira, Melissa McBride, Scott Wilson, David Morrissey, Emily Kinney, Chad Coleman, Sonequa Martin-Green, and Larry Gilliard, Jr.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s chances of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available — typically on Tuesdays.

Final season averages: 6.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 13.33 million total viewers.

For comparisons: The third season of The Walking Dead averaged a 5.5 demo rating with 10.75 million total viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like The Walking Dead TV series? How many seasons do you think it should run?

pat April 1, 2014 at 12:46 pm

I think Rick is going to go off his rocker next season. He seems to be getting more and more Cra-cra.

Justin January 23, 2014 at 5:26 am

Would be nice to see more seasons….but if going to cancel make an ending rather than just finishing series……

Walking Dead FAN January 10, 2014 at 4:20 am

@KateFredericks – If you watched the Talking Dead, the creator had said that Hershel wasn’t even suppose to live this far, he was suppose to die before season four or three, i forgot. But Yes i did sob when * SPOILER*……… The Governer chopped of Hershel Head, but he said ( the creator) that He only lasted that long in the seasons because he believed that Hershel still needed to be around to teach Rick a few things. And I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS MID-SEASON PREMIERE!!!!!!!

Kate Fredericks April 8, 2014 at 1:12 am

Dear WD Fan, I actually watch the Talking Dead every week and heard him saying that. But that was his opinion. I was just saying it would be nice to keep an old man alive in that kind of society. But, he’s gone, it hasn’t affected the series all that much and I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS MID-SEASON PREMIERE, either!!!!!!!!!!! Time will drag until then!

Kate Fredericks December 1, 2013 at 11:56 pm

SPOILER—– You have been warned if you DVR The Walking Dead and haven’t seen it yet! When I stop weeping over losing Hershel in The Walking Dead, I want to ask these shows WHY they keep killing off the really beloved, really wonderful characters on these top-rated shows. Do they have a death wish (meaning a show death wish)? They kill Carter in Person of Interest, NOW HERSHEL??? OK studio people, enough killing off the beloved characters for a while. Personally, I can’t take it, and while my husband watched POI last week, I couldn’t! Now HE says he’s not going to watch TWD any longer!!! Stop killing our favorite characters, PLEASE? Seriously, Hershel living would have been a far riskier move (snotty critics HATE it when things get too predictable). I say it would have been cool to have a man Hershel’s age make it to the end of the series. RIP, Hershel. You will be sorely missed. Governor? They should have shot you when they first saw you on top of the tank ;-) .

Kate Fredericks January 31, 2014 at 10:36 am

Well, WDF, I was watching something the other day and a commercial came up for the continuing premiere of TWD. My heart actually stuttered as I whooped with joy. It’s been too long and the seasons are too short for me. TWD is, for so many reasons, in my top five favorite shows – and possibly hits the top. I still think it would have been better to keep Hershel, this old grumpy guy, til the end, but this is still not as bad as what happened in the hallway when Lori had the baby and Carl had to clean up afterward. Not an unexpected event under the circumstances that these people live, but still a terrible loss. And that is why this show is so brilliant. As awful as many scenes have been, as sad as I get when a character is killed off, I never feel like any of it is done for effect, but is done because that’s what will happen when society topples and the wilderness takes itself back. I am so glad it’s starting up again not this coming Sunday, but the next Sunday, February 9. Something to look forward to again!

Rose October 17, 2013 at 8:46 am

I totally agree w/you, Christine…. I love it, as well.

Christine Silver October 15, 2013 at 10:01 pm

I Love “The Walking Dead”! :) :):):)