The White Queen: “Cancelled” by BBC, No Season Two

The White Queen canceled, no season twoEven though Starz just premiered their new TV series, The White Queen, we already know there won’t be a second season.

Based on Philippa Gregory’s bestselling historical novel series The Cousin’s War, The White Queen tells the story of three very different women as they attempt to scheme, manipulate and seduce their way onto the English throne. The cast includes Max Irons, James Frain, Rebecca Ferguson, Janet McTeer, Ben Lamb, Amanda Hale, Tom McKay, Aneurin Barnard, David Oakes, Faye Marsay, and Eleanor Tomlinson.

The show is co-financed by the BBC in the United Kingdom and Starz here in the states. The 10-part series began airing on BBC1 in June and completed its run last Sunday night.

According to Broadcast Now, the BBC has maintained that The White Queen was intended to run just one season. However, Gregory had hinted that there were hopes to continue the drama via an adaptation of The White Princess. That novel follows the story of Elizabeth of York who went on to marry Henry VII, the first Tudor King.

It now appears that a continuation won’t be happening. A BBC spokesperson said, “The White Queen will not be returning, but it is important to note that it was never actually conceived as a returnable series.”

What do you think? Are you sorry that The White Queen won’t be continuing in some form? Are you glad that the story was designed to wrap after 10 episodes?

lbeartx August 8, 2014 at 8:00 pm

I can not believe it I need to see the second season. Don’t leave it like this it is wrong. Very disappointed.

Boinmo August 6, 2014 at 8:35 pm

I can’t believe the White Queen won’t have another season. BBC America cut Copper , too. I don think I will watch anymore of their shows, as they cancel the ones I love:(

Kennedi Gumbs August 6, 2014 at 9:52 am

I can’t believe the white queen will not be returning that would definitely be a horrible move. Everyone I know is awaiting season 2!! Please bring on season 2!! Best series in a very long time!

alexus August 6, 2014 at 2:12 am

This show was great! My mom and I would sit down everyday the new episodes came out and were anxious for the next! So very disappointed there wont be more seasons! I was very interested and loved the story of it. The final episode led me wanting more! Bring it back!! -very anxious and hungry for this show.

m August 5, 2014 at 10:15 pm

wtff! I was looking forward to it….every show I fall in love with doesn’t come back! geeez guys….geez!

cal August 5, 2014 at 7:20 pm

I loved the show it could be a 4 to 5 season show easy I say to stars if the BBC doesn’t want it than take to Hollywood

Lauren greenhalgh August 5, 2014 at 6:52 pm

I am so sad they are not making a second series I thought I would find out when it started because I loved it so much please bring it back please please please I just want the BBC to pick it back up

michelle August 4, 2014 at 9:25 pm

it seemed that you only told one half of the story!! you left so much of us wanting more .
this is the worst thing you could do but Im with Laura mabe the BBC will pick it up ?!!
VERY DISAPOINTED

dena hackett August 3, 2014 at 10:59 am

sorry that the white queen will not be returning, I so enjoyed everything about it. watching it every week and fully happy to see a movie on tv well made. it’s sad to something good end.

Ingrid August 3, 2014 at 1:07 am

So disappointed great show! Was looking forward to a second season. They made a huge mistake not bringing this show back!

Ashley August 2, 2014 at 3:26 pm

I wish they were making a second season. Suck good acting and story telling.

Tim August 1, 2014 at 10:35 pm

WQ started fast, but then grew slow, predictable and redundant. It ended just in time, I think it was predicted for one season only and Bravo one season it was. The actors were Great!!

Carol August 1, 2014 at 9:42 pm

Loved the series “The White Queen” and would have loved to see a sequel. STARZ does such wonderful work on historical drama another season would have been so nice to watch.

Laura July 28, 2014 at 7:58 pm

I watched this episode and loved it. Why are they cancelling. I’m sadly disappointed.
Maybe BBC will pick it up.

Marianne July 27, 2014 at 7:11 pm

So very disappointed. I also added Starz just to see season 2.