The White Queen: “Cancelled” by BBC, No Season Two

The White Queen canceled, no season twoEven though Starz just premiered their new TV series, The White Queen, we already know there won’t be a second season.

Based on Philippa Gregory’s bestselling historical novel series The Cousin’s War, The White Queen tells the story of three very different women as they attempt to scheme, manipulate and seduce their way onto the English throne. The cast includes Max Irons, James Frain, Rebecca Ferguson, Janet McTeer, Ben Lamb, Amanda Hale, Tom McKay, Aneurin Barnard, David Oakes, Faye Marsay, and Eleanor Tomlinson.

The show is co-financed by the BBC in the United Kingdom and Starz here in the states. The 10-part series began airing on BBC1 in June and completed its run last Sunday night.

According to Broadcast Now, the BBC has maintained that The White Queen was intended to run just one season. However, Gregory had hinted that there were hopes to continue the drama via an adaptation of The White Princess. That novel follows the story of Elizabeth of York who went on to marry Henry VII, the first Tudor King.

It now appears that a continuation won’t be happening. A BBC spokesperson said, “The White Queen will not be returning, but it is important to note that it was never actually conceived as a returnable series.”

What do you think? Are you sorry that The White Queen won’t be continuing in some form? Are you glad that the story was designed to wrap after 10 episodes?

Becca September 25, 2013 at 10:55 pm

Pleaseeeee make a season 2! the show is so great and i think there are so many ways to add episodes to fit into season 1 and I really want to see what happens with Henry VI.

Amused 1 September 25, 2013 at 7:09 pm

What a great series, from one of the best authors plus , yet another one of BBC and STARZ shows that gets canceled. I wish they would just stop teasing us with these awesome shows and give us more seasons to watch, totally disappointed .. Ruined it all for me.. Why do i pay extra for these Chanel’s for them to cancel everything that is worth watching, :(

Carmen September 25, 2013 at 6:29 pm

Love this show, I would love to see season 2

Aimee Mitchell Lough September 25, 2013 at 12:07 am

This has become my favorite show and I would be ever so excited if they would continue on with a second season! They have done a fabulous job with the first season, why not continue on with it being so successful and brilliant

Angelica September 24, 2013 at 2:18 am

To whom we have to write to ask for the 2nd season, this show is more than great!!!

Doris September 23, 2013 at 11:06 pm

We really enjoyed BBC’s new series “The White Queen” and we were so surprised to read that the show has been canceled after one season! Starz must continue the series if at all possible by trying to convince the BBC to change their minds! Please do try!

Brian September 23, 2013 at 8:29 pm

This is a well acted and written series!!
I would miss it, if it is cancelled.
I hope, they can adopt it.
Remember the audience! Or if that is insufficient,
Then think about all the profit, that would be left
On the table, if the White Queen is not adapted!!!

silver_eye September 23, 2013 at 6:15 pm

this show is great it combines the love, war, magic, and policy . you won’t find a lot of shows that provides you withe all these elements all at once . At the end of one episode you can’t wait to for the next to start . this show has to be continued , at if it didn’t it will be a great loss for a lot of people .

Christina September 23, 2013 at 1:23 pm

Please continue this show Starz. I got this premium channel so I could watch this show. I love this show and want to see it continue.

Tito September 23, 2013 at 10:47 am

Starz is annoying me and I plan on canceling my subscription to them! They keep canceling great shows, Camelot,Boss,White Queen,Magic City and Copper. Black Sails looks good but why should I invest my time in this show? If the trend continues they will cancel that as well! What a shame I really enjoyed all these shows..

Lindayaya September 29, 2013 at 6:29 pm

And they kept Spartacus! Yuck!!

Anonymous September 23, 2013 at 9:32 am

This is not a good look for stars, Boss, Magic City and now this. All the shows that o actually watched on that channel.

sheena September 22, 2013 at 11:19 pm

I love this series and it has to go on !! I am not one to sit and watch tv..the love story and envy is truly exciting!! Of course handsome men with swords taking control of what is theirs keeps me wanting more!!

Salena September 22, 2013 at 8:07 pm

I love the show! I was getting Starz free as a promotion but subscribed after the promotion ended so I wouldn’t miss this show! I would love to see it continue for many seasons.

teresa September 22, 2013 at 2:13 pm

This is an incredible show with an awesome group of actors. I continued to keep the premium channels so I could watch this show. It should not be cancelled

Connie September 22, 2013 at 1:07 am

Just getting into watching The White Queen on Stars and now I find out they cancelled for season 2 that stinks if BBC won’t make 2 season come on Stars u do it. Its a great series I love it. Come on we won’t a 2nd season!!!!!!

Connie September 22, 2013 at 1:10 am

I met to say want another season