The White Queen: Starz Considering Sequel Series

the white queen season 2At today’s Starz portion of the TCA Winter Press Tour, CEO Chris Albrecht said that the cable channel is considering a sequel to The White QueenThe White Princess.

According to Deadline, he said, “We’re working with [The White Queen screenwriter] Emma Frost on the stories… We will not have BBC as part of it. We are interested, if the stars align, in a sequel to The White Queen.

The limited series apparently performed well for Starz but was less successful for the BBC which co-produced. The latter has decided not to continue with the property.

Like the original series, The White Princess would be based on the book by historical novelist Philippa Gregory.

What do you think? Did you like The White Queen? Would you like to see a sequel?

393 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Lorraine says

A sequel is so necessary and a prequel too. English royal history is so fascinating and the white queen was an awesome miniseries. History told from a female perspective (herstory) a perspective rarely told. I watched it from beginning tom end in one sitting it was riveting . Please bring it on.

2. Anonymous says

Yes please do a sequel it was so good I even got my husband to watch it to it became our thing watching the show together.

3. Susan says

Absolutely!!!! I will be so disappointed if there is not another season. You would be at least 2 more. The show was a success. I love the cast and I hoped we would get to see the union between Henry Tudor and Elizabeth of York and their story.

4. Mary Reyes says

Such a beautiful story !! Of course bring back another season. I saw it on Encore was floored !!! I am waiting patiently to order my own copy of the first season. The fourth of February can not come soon enough. !! Hurry up !!! Bring on Season 2…

Mary

5. jonathan says

I loved the show. It is a real ‘game of thrones’. Very classy, nice costumes. Some witchcraft :) I would watch season 2.

6. Anonymous says

I hope the sequel gets made, I usually stay towards the fantasy genre but this series got me so hooked I ordered stars just to watch it

7. says

PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE don’t cancel this show it is the best since The Tudor’s. I love how strong all the females are and how hot the guys are. Every girl needs her Prince

8. Sharon says

I loved the series The White Queen and was saddened when it ended. It really portrayed how brutal and downright sadistic England’s nobility were in those days in history. A sequel would be tremendous!

9. Gabrielle says

I would watch The White Queen/Princess sequel in a heartbeat! Not only did I think it was one of the best historical fiction drama’s I’ve ever seen. The way the history was perfectly intertwined with rumors and speculations at the time. Each episode kept getting better and better! There was so much going on in the world when Henry Tudor took the throne, and married Elizabeth of York! A series showing their union, the birth and lives of their children. Then fix in the political situations in world at the time! You couldn’t miss, a sequel would be amazing! Honestly, my favorite thing that would have to be shown is the marriage arrangement between England and Spain. It was Henry VII that brought Katherine of Arragon to England to marry the future king, Arthur. However, he died, and Katherine lived in ruin basically until something could be figured out. And we all know what happened with Katherine! A sequel would be awesome! So much great history to be told!!! This is were I beg…please Starz, please! We need a sequel :)

10. Anonymous says

They should seriously consider doing a sequel and also a prequel sjowing how Efwards father and brother were killed and then he and Warwick defeated Margret of Anjou to become King……that would be great