Those Who Kill: A&E Drama Pulled; Cancelled?

Those Who Kill pulled; cancelled?A&E has dropped Chloe Sevigny’s drama Those Who Kill from their schedule after two episodes.

Those Who Kill revolves around homicide detective Catherine Jensen (Sevigny) and academic forensic psychologist Thomas Schaeffer (James D’Arcy) who work to solve crimes in Pittsburgh. Others in the cast include James Morrison, Omid Abtahi, Kerry O’Malley, Bruce Davison, Kathy Baker, Michael Rispoli, and Anne Dudek.

The new detective series debuted to 1.4 million viewers. That was less than half of its lead-in, Bates Motel, whose second season premiere drew 3.07 million. Then, in week two, just 830,000 tuned in to watch Kill.

Now that Those Who Kill has been pulled, the cable channel will shift Bates Motel to the 10pm timeslot. A rerun will air at 9pm.

Though the ratings for Kill have been very poor, A&E hasn’t cancelled it. Though things certainly don’t look good, they reportedly believe in the show and want to find another timeslot where it can build an audience. That day/time will be determined later. There are eight unaired episodes remaining.

What do you think? Do you like Those Who Kill? Will you watch when it returns or, do you think it should be cancelled?

Judy September 15, 2014 at 8:37 pm

Hopefully this will be brought back or at least A&E will have the decency to resolve this show. Would love to know how this rating thing works. Does it take into account those of us who record or watch on demand or use some other outlet. I liked the show…it was dark but also mysterious and kept me on edge. And as someone else stated there was no promotion. I have given up on the big 3 networks which are great for cancelling after 2 episodes and/or not resolving the stories. I certainly hope A&E doesn’t follow in their footsteps.

pamm September 9, 2014 at 12:20 pm

dont cancel this show i hate when i start watching a good series only to find it being cancelled this is so true like and an interesting show to watch we look forward to seeing this show weekly and with only 8 unaired shows left we want to see more especially these last ones so please bring it back i am so tired of the BS reality shows on tv and this is GOOD SHOW SO PLEASE MAKE IT COME BACK thanks

Kellye McMillon September 7, 2014 at 9:15 pm

I love this show. I recently stummbled upon it 2 weeks ago and almost finished. Please bring it back

Amy September 5, 2014 at 4:04 pm

BRING IT BACK!!! Those Who Kill is such a well wrote show! I gotta see if they ever catch her Dad!! That twisted, intitaled a**.

Dolores M. Hernandez September 5, 2014 at 1:50 pm

Please bring Those Who Kill back. I watched in Amazon and thought it was a wonderful program. My son recommended it and he had loved it. I even thought it was a European show before I knew it was set in Pennsylvania. It’s done so realistically. I think the reason it didn’t have many viewers is because it wasn’t promoted. I never saw ads for this show, otherwise, I would have seen it on TV.I think A&E shows must be good. I never watch that channel because they have Duck Dynasty and I HATE that show. Thank you!

Carol September 1, 2014 at 5:07 pm

Please I implore you, Bring it back! It was wonderful…casting, superior acting, excellent interaction of characters with exceptional dialogue, and the silence between characters so wonderfully timed and it spoke volumes…enticing…captivating, tenaciously holding the viewer …it was absolutely superb! Eerie, mysterious.such intense intrigue…I could not ask for better!
Great story line which held one’s interest and kept one on the edge.
I did not miss one episode, and we all looked forward to seeing the next episode with anticipated eagerness.
This was just about the best mystery one could ask for, and I do not understand the reluctance of the network to not continue the series. There are too many inane, disgustingly boring, dumbed-down idiotic programs…”Those That Kill” rose to the heights of Perfection and We the Public WANT it back!
“Those That Kill” was the epitome of excellence in mysteries that I can think of……the public craves to find out just who if anyone was shot, who was guilty, who met justice and the fate of all the characters portrayed. Do not deprive of of this Wonderful Mystery…Bring it BACK!