Those Who Kill: A&E Drama Pulled; Cancelled?

Those Who Kill pulled; cancelled?A&E has dropped Chloe Sevigny’s drama Those Who Kill from their schedule after two episodes.

Those Who Kill revolves around homicide detective Catherine Jensen (Sevigny) and academic forensic psychologist Thomas Schaeffer (James D’Arcy) who work to solve crimes in Pittsburgh. Others in the cast include James Morrison, Omid Abtahi, Kerry O’Malley, Bruce Davison, Kathy Baker, Michael Rispoli, and Anne Dudek.

The new detective series debuted to 1.4 million viewers. That was less than half of its lead-in, Bates Motel, whose second season premiere drew 3.07 million. Then, in week two, just 830,000 tuned in to watch Kill.

Now that Those Who Kill has been pulled, the cable channel will shift Bates Motel to the 10pm timeslot. A rerun will air at 9pm.

Though the ratings for Kill have been very poor, A&E hasn’t cancelled it. Though things certainly don’t look good, they reportedly believe in the show and want to find another timeslot where it can build an audience. That day/time will be determined later. There are eight unaired episodes remaining.

What do you think? Do you like Those Who Kill? Will you watch when it returns or, do you think it should be cancelled?

Michael July 18, 2014 at 5:51 pm

Excellent show. Real characters. Damaged investigator like will on Hannibal. Keep it!

Ginger July 16, 2014 at 9:26 pm

I want People Who Kill back on television. What happened? Hannibal is rolling on the Fox and People was cancelled!!!!!!

Mel July 14, 2014 at 1:04 am

I ran across this show when I could find nothing else on. I usually don’t watch Lifetime but I would probably watch this if it was not cancelled. I only saw one episode but I was pulled in right away. Hope you save it.

linda lorigo July 10, 2014 at 3:04 pm

please, please, please do not cancel those who kill. it is a super savy crime show. I am from Pennsylvania no too far from Pittsburgh and love the references to the city in the show. the characters are super and realistic too. I just got so into the show recently and loved it. give the show a chance

Karen July 7, 2014 at 2:37 am

PLEASE don’t cancel this show it is definitely one of my MOST favorite shows. 95% of TV is EXTREMELY crappy worthless lack of intelligence shows, please don’t take away one of the ones so good to watch.

Mindy maysonet June 23, 2014 at 9:08 pm

I love the show 200% I look forward to watching it every week and talking about it the next day with all my coworkers I think is refreshing to see something different from everything alse on tv look forward to seeing her dad get what he deserves

christy pakozdi June 18, 2014 at 10:30 pm

Please do not cancel. This show is awesome! It is just as good as criminal minds
It deserves a better time slot. The actors are tremendous and the story lines are reallu really good. I love this show. There are so many other shows that are on the air but aren’t nearly as good. This one is a keeper!!!!

JoAnn June 18, 2014 at 5:09 pm

I enjoyed watching, I hope you don’t cancel it and give it a second shot on a different time slot.

linda June 15, 2014 at 11:20 am

please don’t cancel this series….give it a chance…..it’s well done and the ensemble of actors is very very good…..unfortunately the multitudes in the u.s. prefer stupid, vacuous pop culture programming…..give the rest of us something good to watch….thank you

Tam June 14, 2014 at 8:30 pm

I enjoyed the show. Please don’t cancel it. I have been watching the show on Lifetime Network.