Those Who Kill: A&E Drama Pulled; Cancelled?

Those Who Kill pulled; cancelled?A&E has dropped Chloe Sevigny’s drama Those Who Kill from their schedule after two episodes.

Those Who Kill revolves around homicide detective Catherine Jensen (Sevigny) and academic forensic psychologist Thomas Schaeffer (James D’Arcy) who work to solve crimes in Pittsburgh. Others in the cast include James Morrison, Omid Abtahi, Kerry O’Malley, Bruce Davison, Kathy Baker, Michael Rispoli, and Anne Dudek.

The new detective series debuted to 1.4 million viewers. That was less than half of its lead-in, Bates Motel, whose second season premiere drew 3.07 million. Then, in week two, just 830,000 tuned in to watch Kill.

Now that Those Who Kill has been pulled, the cable channel will shift Bates Motel to the 10pm timeslot. A rerun will air at 9pm.

Though the ratings for Kill have been very poor, A&E hasn’t cancelled it. Though things certainly don’t look good, they reportedly believe in the show and want to find another timeslot where it can build an audience. That day/time will be determined later. There are eight unaired episodes remaining.

What do you think? Do you like Those Who Kill? Will you watch when it returns or, do you think it should be cancelled?

Canceled and renewed TV show

391 Comments · Read them below or add one

• verdean says

Those Who Kill is now be aired on the LMN network…
      It was on Sunday 4/30/14 on LMN, for now that’s the station showing it, so you can see it this coming Sunday.

1. Mari Elliott says

Just found this show & my husband & I have been glued to the TV for hours!! It & the cast are amazing. I can’t imagine this show not being a hit. Take crap off like Honey Boo Boo & all the other ” reality” shows. We all pay good money for TV & should have better shows to choose from. Those Who Kill is a #1 pick for us.

• Bonnie says

I hope you have found it at Lifetime Movie Channel by now. It runs on Sunday, at 9, although last week, they showed all three episodes, from 7 till 10 (this is central time). Hopefully, they will continue through the whole season; then, who knows what will happen, but let’s hope that some channel will pick it up!! Like you said, it is quality television, very suspenseful, great acting, good stories….what more can we ask for on t.v.??

2. Jeanne says

I just discovered the series and love! It’s so much better than the crime dramas on the other networks.

3. Ed says

I loved the show. I just happened to turn on the first episode and loved it. I never saw any promotions for the show so it’s no wonder it didn’t get a big following.

4. says

I loved the show Those who kill. It was so refreshing to see a new face as a lead character, I put in on my weekly record and was so shocked that it was pulled. PLEASE do not cancel I am hooked…..

5. Josephine says

I have been looking for the show every week; this is by far one of the best series yet on A & E. How can you give a show such quick judgment with very little publicity; I just happened to get lucky to see it the first night.

Duck Dynasty is horrible; I can’t believe such a classy channel like A & E would even run it. When I saw the guy showing his small child the female anatomy and male anatomy of a crab, I almost threw up. ” Those Who Kill” has depth and substance and you can’t wait for the next show!!! If shows like Duck Dynasty are really what our society get into today, then it really does illustrate the narrow minded and brainless society we live in. Come on A &E, get back your class!!!

I skip your channel all the time right now. Haven’t seen Bates, so will give you that.

With final notes regarding “Those Who Kill” ….. it is masterful and finally after searching and searching in anticipation of watching the 3rd show, I found this notice. People need time to discover this series. I personally believe it out ranks the majority of prime time series on the major networks such as NBC…again it is masterful. If you don’t want it, sell it to another channel network like NBC.

Pina

6. Bonnie says

This was an intelligent, multi-layered show which was just beginning to find an audience; two episodes & it is pulled from the schedule?!? C’mon….give it a chance! Bates Motel is a stupid show, if it was up to me, it would be gone, yet an audience was found for it, and it is allowed to run back t back, replaying a show of substance. Let’s find a different time slow, if necessary, but definitely bring it back! Otherwise, I shall not watch A & E at all, and tell my friends & family to turn it off too!!

7. Anonymous says

I love a wicked serial killer show and this one was pretty good. Fresh and edgy.
    Please bring it back. Also, like many others, we DVR almost everything and watch when convenient. Not sure how that is captured in the viewer ratings ? Chloe is superb.

8. David says

“Those Who Kill” has been moved to the Lifetime Movie Channel. Episode one runs this Sunday, March 30th, at 8:00 pm; Episode two at 9:00 pm. All remaining 8 new episodes will run each Sunday night at 10:00 pm. Set your DVRs

9. paul says

agree, also have DVR so if its being judged by actually viewing then its being judged wrong. i record a lot of shows that i love, cant watch them all at once and thats the purpose of having a DVR. if i had to choose between it and bates id choose those who kill.