Those Who Kill: A&E TV Show Returning; Not Cancelled But…

Those Who Kill returning but canceled?Ratings-challenged Those Who Kill is coming back to television — but it’s not returning to A&E. While the show hasn’t been cancelled, the move isn’t exactly a sign of confidence from the cable channel.

The show revolves around a homicide detective (Chloe Sevigny) and an academic forensic psychologist (James D’Arcy) who work to solve crimes in Pittsburgh. Others in the cast include James Morrison, Omid Abtahi, Kerry O’Malley, Bruce Davison, Kathy Baker, Michael Rispoli, and Anne Dudek.

A&E pulled Those Who Kill from the schedule after two episodes had aired to low ratings. The premiere attracted 3.07 million but the second installment plunged to just 830,000.

On the show’s Facebook page, it was quietly announced that the Chloe Sevigny series will return this Sunday on LMN TV (Lifetime Movie Network). LMN is a sister network to A&E.

The first two episodes will rerun starting at 8pm. Then, new episodes will air starting at 10pm. There are 10 episodes in the season.

While it’s nice that the remaining episodes will air, it’s unlikely that most fans will know they’re being shown. Many cable subscribers may not even know if they have LMN TV. The ratings will surely be terrible.

This move by A&E feels like they’re just burning off the remaining episodes, a sign that the show has essentially been cancelled already.

What do you think? Do you plan on watching the remaining episodes of Those Who Kill? Do you think the show will be cancelled or, is there a chance it could see a second season?

Eve Austin October 7, 2014 at 7:42 pm

Of course a smart, well-made, well-acted, well-written series is in peril of being cancelled, when the crap goes on.
Honestly, I hope it doesn’t happen. It’s a very intelligent piece of work.

Vivienne September 30, 2014 at 10:20 am

This show should definitely have a second season. Brilliant show great to watch

ladresta howard September 29, 2014 at 3:50 pm

I am so so sad about this u watched Every episode shoo i loved it man this bites

FRAN GIANNONE September 30, 2014 at 2:33 pm

IT’S NOT ON LMN…WHERE CAN IT BE SEEN. I HAVE BEEN TOLD OVER AND OVER IT’S ON LMN AND IT IS NO. WHERE IS IT???

Kathy September 28, 2014 at 6:50 pm

I cannot believe this awesome show is not returning…I loved it!!! Bad decision…

Ana September 28, 2014 at 1:46 am

I can’t believe they are doing that. It’s one of the best “detective/police/thriller” shows I’ve watched if not the best, and I watch many CSI, Bones, Castle, The killing etc… and this one is by far the best!

Very disappointing!!!

D. S. Wingare September 27, 2014 at 5:01 pm

I am more than disappointed that this show is not on the fall series schedule. A lot of people that actually like good intellectual viewing really enjoyed the story line, very good. You left everyone up in the air about just about everything!! BRING IT BACK!!!!

Esther September 27, 2014 at 5:33 pm

So, is it or is it not returning? and what channel?

Esther September 27, 2014 at 5:36 pm

love this show and watched every episode. Hope the whoever gets their act together and brings this show back.

admin September 27, 2014 at 10:14 pm

No it’s not

renee September 21, 2014 at 12:27 pm

Loved this show!! Great story line, great acting. What’s wrong with people and their tastes for stupid reality shows and not going for something real…like real happenings in people’s lives. Anyway, I truly loved this show.

Anonymous September 14, 2014 at 12:13 am

What’s going to happen? Please don’t cancel!

Anonymous September 14, 2014 at 12:10 am

Yes I will ! The gunshot in ep. 10? Who got shot?

Nettie September 7, 2014 at 6:01 pm

Are people idiots ? One of the best shows and not enough viewers. What’s wrong with people and their taste. Great story line , great acting . Please continue it and encourage others to watch .

Esther August 28, 2014 at 9:15 pm

great show. love the drama and I am looking forward to the new season. Why is it the really good substantial shows with great characters and story are taken off? Not everyone can deal with the false reality shows.

Steve August 28, 2014 at 9:18 pm

There won’t be a new season Esther. It has been cancelled. I received a tweet from the showrunner that confirmed this unfortunate turn of events.

Esther August 28, 2014 at 10:22 pm

REALLY?! The show is not coming back at all? Totally dumb move on their part. I am so very disappointed.

Steve August 28, 2014 at 10:26 pm

Chloe has already signed onto a pilot for Amazon; The Cosmopolitan’s….

Fran August 1, 2014 at 11:44 pm

I really am hoping that THOSE WHO KILL returns for at least 3 more seasons.

SHOW WAS EXCELLENT. ACTORS PHENOMENAL.

FRAN GIANNONE July 24, 2014 at 12:41 pm

I KEEP READING THAT SEASON 2 WILL BE SHOWN ON LMN…KEEP LOOKING TO NO AVAIL. I LOOK ON LMN CHAnnel 119 and also on the station drop dead diva is on another lmn channel “60”…where and when can i watch this show. why cancelled??? can’t believe it. please let me know where to watch this and when

admin July 24, 2014 at 3:17 pm

The show hasn’t been renewed or cancelled yet.

S Napier July 24, 2014 at 6:32 pm

A&E moved this wonderful show to LMN after the 1st 2 epi’s where the last epi’s finshed its run. I received a response from the show runner on Twitter…. it’s over. Chloe has moved on already to a new cable series though I can’t recall it’s name or network right now.

Martha July 12, 2014 at 12:14 am

I loved the first episode and was looking forward to more. What made it difficult to watch wasn’t the content for me, it was the inability to find it on the schedule- even using the search- and the reduced amount of publicity and re-airings done by A&E.

Josie July 12, 2014 at 6:11 pm

If you thought the first episode was good then you need to watch all of Season 1 on the mylifetime.com website. This really should have never been cancelled. Great show, was not marketed correctly, bring it back!

Anonymous July 9, 2014 at 11:40 pm

I’m so pissed. Best show to come along in a long time and they pull the plug. Idiots didn’t give it a chance. Extremely disappointing.