TMZ: Gossip TV Series Renewed Through 2013-14 Season

TMZIf you can’t stand the paparazzi and celebrity gossip, this news won’t make you very happy. The tabloid TMZ TV show has been renewed for three more years, securing its future through the 2013-14 season.

While many people maintain that they don’t like the series, a lot of people are still watching it. It’s been one of the top syndicated daily shows since it began in 2007 and airs in 75% of the country. It ranks first in the 18-34 demographic and places second among the 18-49 and 25-54 groups.

TMZ is executive produced by Harry Levin and Jim Paratore, is produced by Telepictures Productions, and is distributed by Warner Bros. Domestic Television. It’s become a mainstay of many FOX stations, including those in New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago. The TMZ website was launched in 2005.

What do you think? Do you watch the TMZ show, even secretly? Is it better or worse than the typical celebrity gossip shows like Entertainment Tonight?

SAM April 1, 2014 at 6:25 pm

Conrad Murray is not a Trinidadian. He was born in Grenada.

David P. Ieslin March 27, 2014 at 3:16 pm

What happend to the long haired blonde dude

Pam November 30, 2012 at 8:12 am

I love watching your show. If I’m not home when you are on I DVR it, and I am 71 years old. Harvey and Charles are so funny on TMZ live, and Max makes me laugh all the time. I NEVER MISS YOUR SHOWS.

PAM SCOTT

Selena Walls September 30, 2011 at 6:47 pm

Hello, I am happy TMZ’s contract has been renewed. I am 59 yrs of age and I have been watching you guys for about three years. I am a Supervisor over officers for a Juvenile Detention Center. I have my staff and the detainees watching you guys. I am much older than my staff and they treat me the same way you guys treat Harvey. I really enjoy all of you. I thank God for your humor and honesty. I know that you guys work hard to bring us this awesome show. Where is Kimberly, I haven’t seen her lately? Keep up the good work.

annon January 6, 2011 at 6:38 am

I am so excited I try to watch this show every day and I am so excited that they renewed their contract yay

Craig January 5, 2011 at 10:16 pm

As popular as gossip magazines and other gossip shows like Entertainment Tonight are, I would not expect TMZ to get cancelled for a long time. Gossip shows and reality TV are the cockroaches of television. They will be here long after other TV shows have died off.