TNT TV Show Ratings (updated 9/12/14)

TNT TV shows: canceled or renewed?TNT has had both great successes and big disappointments when it comes to their original scripted shows. Which of the current crop will be cancelled or renewed for another season? Stay tuned!

Scripted TNT shows listed: Dallas, Falling Skies, Franklin & Bash, The Last Ship, Legends, Major Crimes, Murder in the First, Perception, and Rizzoli & Isles .

Last Update: Latest ratings for Legends and Franklin & Bash added.

There’s lots of data that TNT execs look at when deciding whether to renew or cancel a TV series but ratings are the major ingredient. Here’s an updated listing of all of their recent/current primetime scripted shows.

Note: If you’re not seeing the updated charts, please try reloading the page. You can also view them here and here.

You can see other networks’ rankings here:
ABC | CBS | The CW | FOX | NBC | ABC Family

A couple of notes about these charts:
These figures are updated automatically as new ratings are released (usually a day or so after the broadcasts). The averages are based on the final national numbers (live plus same day viewing). For technical reasons, I have to resort them manually so feel free to let me know if I missed something.

The demo numbers, which are typically most important to the broadcast networks, aren’t quite as vital to cable channels because their audiences are usually much smaller. Demo numbers are typically reported using the 10ths decimal place (2.4, for example). In the averages, I’m using an extra decimal for easier ranking.

What do you think? Are you surprised by any of the ratings? Which shows should be doing better? Which one do you think will be cancelled next?

Gale September 14, 2014 at 4:33 pm

Please renew Rizzoli & Isles and Perception. I’m very pleased that TNT renewed Murder in the First and Major Crimes.

I think sometimes viewers don’t get a chance to grow with the shows. Also, there are too many shows that are “copy cats”. I also believe that some shows are too intellectual for the average viewer. That could have been the case with Black Box and maybe TNT’s Perception. A couple of cancelled shows in last years season fall into that category.

I agree with one of comments re: “getting bored”. There is a real temptation for shows to copy the plots of other shows – which really does get boring.

Frank September 12, 2014 at 10:14 am

I agree that Dallas should get back to the original story lines that made it the premier
show to watch, and if you are going to bring back some of the original cast, then bring them back. Not just for a few minutes. How often have we seen Cliff Barnes this year? Especially in the split season. If you will remember, Cliff was always trying to get ahead in business, but not by such sinister means, like JR did. Now, you are portraying him as the devil, and it is simply out of character. Priscilla Presley would be a great character to return. Her acting was always spot on. Having more appearances by Charlene Tilton would also help.
I hope they would consider bringing back Susan Howard as well. I am sure that the writers for the show are excellent writers, but one suggestion would be to conduct a online survey to see what the viewers would like to see more of. More audience
involvement means more viewers.

Frank September 15, 2014 at 5:46 pm

Dallas is a great show it doesn’t need to revisit the past. I love the mix of old and new. Are you serious? Do you really think Priscilla Presley was a good actress?

Lisa T September 11, 2014 at 2:38 pm

Please pick up LONGMIRE!!!!

Ron September 5, 2014 at 12:22 am

The sorting for both total viewers and demo is wrong.

admin September 5, 2014 at 7:58 am

Thanks

Derek A September 4, 2014 at 4:27 am

Love Sean Bean in Legends. It’s the only show I watch on TNT.

JP September 3, 2014 at 2:49 pm

TNT NEEDS to keep DALLAS, it is the fastest hour on TV and Season 3 has been awesome!!!!!

Tyler September 1, 2014 at 8:32 pm

Rizzoli and isles needs another season. It’s my all time favorite show and I think I would go into shock and depression if it gets cancelled. Please renew it.

Laura C September 1, 2014 at 10:37 pm

It would be great if TNT would pick up the newly cancelled A&E show, Longmire. I think it would fit nicely with the great shows I already watch on TNT.

Anonymous September 1, 2014 at 7:41 pm

I thought Dallas would do better when they went back to the old time slot. It is such a good show. I enjoy watching just as much, if not more then the original. It would be a shame to loose it.

drivankipling August 30, 2014 at 6:58 pm

I sadly believe Dallas is on it’s last legs. Thanks to focus on characters&plot points that most don’t seem to care about this show is a disappointing uninteresting disaster. I was one of the biggest cheerleaders for this show before it aired its first episode. nI had high hopes. Those hopes were dashed in a hurry. What premiered,imo,was ‘Dallas’ in name only. This is more a ‘reimagining’ rather than a continuation of the original. That wouldn’t be so bad if the past on which this show is based hadn’t been needlessly altered&often disregarded(in a pathetically sloppy way to boot).
Instead of watching interesting&entertaining story about what should be the main focus of a show called Dallas(the Ewing family)we’ve been treated to stories/plots centered around characters that aren’t interesting enough to care about,at least to this viewer. Instead of force feeding a never before seen family fighting to right an implausible&ridiculous alleged wrong tptb should’ve given viewers something to tune in for. When I heard Dallas was coming back I foolishly assumed I’d be seeing business intrigue involving the next generation of Ewings(John Ross&Christopher namely)dealing with their buisness counterparts/associates/rivals etc. Instead tptb thought it best to give the public a steady dose of drug lords,threeways,&characters new to devoted fans of original Dallas who(according to the show runners of this show)have ‘always been a part of Dallas history’,and cameo appearances by cast members of the original show that do nothing but say a word or two then vanish til next they’re needed as glorified extras!
Had tptb taken just a small amount of time&effort into putting a show together that continued on with the theme of Dallas I believe this show would’ve done far better than it has ratings.
As a fan of the show on which this TNT program is said to be a continuation of I want to see Dallas go on for seasons to come. The only way I see that realistically happening is to get back to Dallas!! Tptb need to focus on what Dallas should be about……..the Ewings. If TNT is serious about keeping the show on the air they should,imo,hire a show runner that understands&cares about what Dallas is&what it could/should be. Whoever is in charge now seems to believe it’s enough to pen tales that stray from what Dallas is,slap characters they THINK viewers should care about in the thick of the action and expect it to be popular as long as ‘Dallas’ is the title of the show. That person is sorely mistaken!
I’ll be saddend if/when this show is cancelled but I can’t say I’ll be surprised.

snowdogmom August 29, 2014 at 6:38 pm

Predict they will renew Rizzoli and Isles, numbers are good, I have to say I’m getting a bit bored with it. They need to dump Perception, Murder in the First, Legends, and Franklin and Bash. They need to come up with some new ideas. Their offerings are getting a bit stale and the only hit from the new shows this summer is The Last Ship. Not something that captured my interest, pretty sick of pandemics and end of world story arcs, but a lot of people seem to like it. Just not sure where they will go with it in season 2.

Debra August 29, 2014 at 10:16 am

TNT is really struggling.

I think Franklin & Bash, Legends, Murder in the First and Dallas will all be cancelled.

F&B has slid too much in the ratings. Legends and Murder in the First had lackluster debuts. Dallas has dropped steeply and its current season is awful, causing people to flee.

TNT needs to invest in quality programs, not garbage. Maybe they will get Longmire!

Frank F. August 28, 2014 at 10:55 pm

Dallas will hopefully get a 4th Season. Season 3 is the best yet! TNT should commit for two more seasons of Dallas and really map out a good story.

Dianne Swegan August 28, 2014 at 9:24 pm

I really enjoy watching Rizzoli & Isles, Major Crimes, The Tryant (minus the God d**m’s), and The Last Ship (minus the God d**m’s as well). That type of cursing and blaspheming God is very offensive and not necessary TNT!

Joy August 27, 2014 at 7:08 pm

TNT has great programs. You can cancel The Last Ship and Falling Skies. Renew all the rest. I watch more TNT shows than I do on local TV.

Debbie Oliver August 27, 2014 at 11:49 am

OK, when is TNT going to renew Rizzoli and Isles??????

Laura C August 27, 2014 at 3:19 pm

I’m with you Debbie, want to see MORE Rizzoli & Isles, AND Major Crimes.