TNT TV Show Ratings (updated 7/29/15)

TNT TV shows: canceled or renewed?TNT has had both great successes and big disappointments when it comes to their original scripted shows. Which of the current crop will be cancelled or renewed for another season? Stay tuned!

Scripted TNT shows listed: Dallas, Falling Skies, Franklin & Bash, The Last Ship, Legends, The Librarians, Major Crimes, Murder in the First, Perception, Proof, Rizzoli & Isles, and Transporter: The Series.

Last update: Latest ratings for Proof and Rizzoli & Isles added.

There’s lots of data that TNT execs look at when deciding whether to renew or cancel a TV series but ratings are the major ingredient. Here’s an updated listing of all of their recent/current primetime scripted shows.

Note: If you’re not seeing the updated charts, please try reloading the page. You can also view them here and here.

You can see other networks’ rankings here:
ABC | CBS | The CW | FOX | NBC | ABC Family

A couple of notes about these charts:
These figures are updated automatically as new ratings are released (usually a day or so after the broadcasts). The averages are based on the final national numbers (live plus same day viewing). For technical reasons, I have to resort them manually so feel free to let me know if I missed something.

The demo numbers, which are typically most important to the broadcast networks, aren’t quite as vital to cable channels because their audiences are usually much smaller. Demo numbers are typically reported using the 10ths decimal place (2.4, for example). In the averages, I’m using an extra decimal for easier ranking.

What do you think? Are you surprised by any of the ratings? Which shows should be doing better? Which one do you think will be cancelled next?

Canceled and renewed TV show

218 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Melton says

Really enjoy The Last Ship Season 2, keeps getting better. Great show. Look forward to may more years or Season 3.

2. toni b says

Another solid outing for major crimes on Monday. Scratching my head thou why they are not renewed as yet. Consistantly over 4 Million and around .6 for the 18-49 demo. Wins mondays every week. In the top 10 for all current cable shows number 9 (Rizzoli and Isles is 8) with only the british channels ahead of either of them. The lowest year to year variation of any of the TNT shows. Alternates with Rizzoli and Isles for the most watched scripted cable show each week.

3. Amanda says

i, too, love “Proof”! It is the best new show on television. I hope they give it another season, or more, and develop the story line even more. It keeps me going throughout the summer. Great acting by Jennifer Beals, and what a supporting cast!

4. Anonymous says

Look at the 18-49 demo ratings;

You cancelled Dallas and it has higher ratings than shows you still have on.

5. kathie says

Proof gets better every week. Very thought provoking. Great cast, Jennifer Beals is awesome as Cat. Please renew this show. Its the best new show this year.

6. Marsha says

You guys never gave American Odyssey a chance. It talks about what is going on in real life. You take off the good shows & keep the useless shows on. Pls let. Show finish out on what happens to Odelle

7. Marsha says

You guys never gave American Odyssey a chance. It talks about what is going on in real life. You take off the shows that are really good. You keep the useless shows on. Please reconsider keeping American Od on at leastl another season finish out what happens to Odelle. The boy goes off. Suppose to be going. God knows where.

8. kathy Koenig says

We have enjoyed the plots, the characters, the acting on Major Crimes since 2012 start.

I now watch it alone….my husband will not tolerate “rusty” any further. I am nearing the same opinion. Please. Allow him to mature and leave.

Thank you.

9. kathy white says

I love Proof. I hope fans give it a chance and keep it on air. It is a great, thought provoking series. Jen Beils deserves a series that stays on air. She is a phenomenal actor and share the screen with awesome cast.

• kathy white says

I love Proof. I hope fans give it a chance and keep it on air. It is a great, thought provoking series. Jen Beals deserves a series that stays on air. She is a phenomenal actor and share the screen with awesome cast.