Fans of Torchwood are now seeing a battle between John Barrowman and Steven Moffat. Barrowman recently spoke out about the delay fans are seeing with Torchwood. Fans want more, and the cast wants more. However, Barrowman said in a recent interview that there are egos blocking the return of the series.
At an event on Sunday, Barrowman went further and hinted that Steven Moffat, the man currently behind Doctor Who, is to blame for the delay with Torchwood. A fan shared his comments on Twitter.
Oh lordy. pic.twitter.com/Ba936I4PZ3
— Jamie (@typicalmadness_) September 11, 2016
Steven Moffat quickly spoke out about Barrowman’s comments, and he was not happy. He said the following, according to Radio Times:
“You may be aware that John Barrowman has been saying, publicly, that I’ve been blocking a new series of Torchwood. To be very clear – I haven’t blocked it; I wouldn’t block it; I wouldn’t even be ABLE to block it. I didn’t even know a revival had been mooted till I read about it on the Internet. As John perfectly well knows, it’s not my show and I could no more prevent it happening that he could cancel Sherlock. I am bewildered, and a little cross, even to be included in this conversation. For the record, I really liked the show (especially the third series) and would be very happy to see more – monsters and mayhem, why not? But the fact is, it has nothing to do with me. Please pass this on to the anxious and the angry – I’ve had enough hate mail now.”
Do you want to see Torchwood back on the air? How do you feel about the battle between Steven Moffat and John Barrowman? Tell us what you think.