Touch: Cancelled; No Season Three for FOX Series

Touch canceled, no season threeMaybe Kiefer Sutherland will be available for that 24 movie now. FOX has cancelled Touch after two seasons on the air.

Though Touch’s ratings were on the decline last season, FOX renewed it for another round anyway. They slated it for Friday nights, likely figuring that it would improve on Fringe’s dismal ratings. It didn’t work out that way and Touch has been doing even worse.

The current season of Touch has been averaging just a 0.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 2.68 million total viewers. Those are terrible numbers, even for a Friday night show. Kitchen Nightmares, which also runs on that night, has averaged a 1.1 in the demo and 3.13 million.

This Friday’s episode, titled “Leviathan,” will be Touch’s 26th and final installment. Hopefully the producers have included some closure for the die-hard fans.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Touch has been cancelled and won’t get a third season?

robin January 19, 2014 at 5:04 pm

Big mistake FOX!! great show!!

Anonymous January 10, 2014 at 4:00 pm

I looked forward to seeing Touch each week. I still have it set on my DVR in hopes that it will be continued. I do agree that they should have kept up the first year story line of people around the world connecting with each other. I’m tired of TV cancelling good shows to put on violent ones that kids (or anyone for that matter) shouldn’t watch. I very seldom watch TV because of that.

Starry December 30, 2013 at 6:43 pm

I enjoyed Touch and am sorry to hear it is not continuing to season 3… perhaps season two was too bloody and slasherish….

spiritualangel December 29, 2013 at 9:12 pm

Fox I cancelling to many shows. Not so much a fan of this station anymore. Touch was great and so what if they did not get the ratings they so wanted. That is all they think about, not us the people but the money. Boo for Fox.

Christina December 21, 2013 at 10:04 pm

I just found out about touch this year on netflix I don’t think you advertised it enough for ratings it is or was a great show I watched all episodes in a one week period and would like to see it continue

Hope December 18, 2013 at 12:00 am

Please bring the show back! It is one of the only shows out there that a 10 yr old and a 48 yr old can watch together. TV isn’t going to work if you continue canceling shows. I didn’t even start watching 24 until the end of the second season. People don’t trust new shows because some idiot will cancel it before it can begin a following?

Anonymous December 17, 2013 at 8:51 pm

Stations need to stop cancelling shows without closure. Aggravating to wonder what the ultimate outcome is. Doesn’t make for any happy campers.

Anonymous December 13, 2013 at 12:56 pm

Had they not so screwed up the second season, they would have had tons of viewers. The first season was excellent! Then they mess it up with this creepy story line. They should have kept it to the basics, people around the world connecting with each other. It was a feel good series until they added all of the intrigut

Kathy O'Donnell November 4, 2013 at 7:47 pm

I am super disappointed that this very well written show has been cancelled. For the comment that someone hoped there was closure for fans, I don’t recall any kind of closure, just the hope to get to see more. Is there any way to contact anyone to ask them to reconsider?

Anonymous November 18, 2013 at 5:59 am

I really hope you find someone the only tv show I fell in love with

C October 25, 2013 at 10:54 pm

Very upsrt to see this in. It was ntense

Michael October 25, 2013 at 9:25 pm

This was a great show, brilliant writing and thinking behind this. What a shame it’s gone. Signs and coincidences really do point to things. This show was on to some truth.

Lin October 21, 2013 at 8:20 pm

Very disappointed!! I watched every week and I hope you can bring it back.

Dee October 19, 2013 at 8:06 pm

Bring it back!!!!

Anonymous October 10, 2013 at 4:38 pm

My whole family would sit down together and watch Touch. For those out there with more than one kid, not to mention a wife, you know how seldom that happens.

Anonymous October 4, 2013 at 8:58 pm

Disappointing! Great family show.