Touch: Cancelled; No Season Three for FOX Series

Touch canceled, no season threeMaybe Kiefer Sutherland will be available for that 24 movie now. FOX has cancelled Touch after two seasons on the air.

Though Touch’s ratings were on the decline last season, FOX renewed it for another round anyway. They slated it for Friday nights, likely figuring that it would improve on Fringe’s dismal ratings. It didn’t work out that way and Touch has been doing even worse.

The current season of Touch has been averaging just a 0.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 2.68 million total viewers. Those are terrible numbers, even for a Friday night show. Kitchen Nightmares, which also runs on that night, has averaged a 1.1 in the demo and 3.13 million.

This Friday’s episode, titled “Leviathan,” will be Touch’s 26th and final installment. Hopefully the producers have included some closure for the die-hard fans.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Touch has been cancelled and won’t get a third season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

177 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Anonymous says

I looked forward to seeing Touch each week. I still have it set on my DVR in hopes that it will be continued. I do agree that they should have kept up the first year story line of people around the world connecting with each other. I’m tired of TV cancelling good shows to put on violent ones that kids (or anyone for that matter) shouldn’t watch. I very seldom watch TV because of that.

2. Starry says

I enjoyed Touch and am sorry to hear it is not continuing to season 3… perhaps season two was too bloody and slasherish….

3. spiritualangel says

Fox I cancelling to many shows. Not so much a fan of this station anymore. Touch was great and so what if they did not get the ratings they so wanted. That is all they think about, not us the people but the money. Boo for Fox.

4. Christina says

I just found out about touch this year on netflix I don’t think you advertised it enough for ratings it is or was a great show I watched all episodes in a one week period and would like to see it continue

5. Hope says

Please bring the show back! It is one of the only shows out there that a 10 yr old and a 48 yr old can watch together. TV isn’t going to work if you continue canceling shows. I didn’t even start watching 24 until the end of the second season. People don’t trust new shows because some idiot will cancel it before it can begin a following?

6. Anonymous says

Stations need to stop cancelling shows without closure. Aggravating to wonder what the ultimate outcome is. Doesn’t make for any happy campers.

7. Anonymous says

Had they not so screwed up the second season, they would have had tons of viewers. The first season was excellent! Then they mess it up with this creepy story line. They should have kept it to the basics, people around the world connecting with each other. It was a feel good series until they added all of the intrigut

8. Kathy O'Donnell says

I am super disappointed that this very well written show has been cancelled. For the comment that someone hoped there was closure for fans, I don’t recall any kind of closure, just the hope to get to see more. Is there any way to contact anyone to ask them to reconsider?

9. says

This was a great show, brilliant writing and thinking behind this. What a shame it’s gone. Signs and coincidences really do point to things. This show was on to some truth.

10. Anonymous says

My whole family would sit down together and watch Touch. For those out there with more than one kid, not to mention a wife, you know how seldom that happens.