Touch: Cancelled; No Season Three for FOX Series

Touch canceled, no season threeMaybe Kiefer Sutherland will be available for that 24 movie now. FOX has cancelled Touch after two seasons on the air.

Though Touch’s ratings were on the decline last season, FOX renewed it for another round anyway. They slated it for Friday nights, likely figuring that it would improve on Fringe’s dismal ratings. It didn’t work out that way and Touch has been doing even worse.

The current season of Touch has been averaging just a 0.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 2.68 million total viewers. Those are terrible numbers, even for a Friday night show. Kitchen Nightmares, which also runs on that night, has averaged a 1.1 in the demo and 3.13 million.

This Friday’s episode, titled “Leviathan,” will be Touch’s 26th and final installment. Hopefully the producers have included some closure for the die-hard fans.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Touch has been cancelled and won’t get a third season?

Anonymous May 11, 2013 at 1:45 am

SAVE TOUCH!!

WHATEVER IT TAKES!
IT IS A BEAUTIFUL SHOW THAT AFFECTS ME SO MUCH, AND IT NEEDS TO BE SEEN AROUND THE WORLD!

SAVE TOUCH

Melissa May 11, 2013 at 1:39 am

I’m highly unhappy that it got canceled. I sure hope another station that picks it up.

Carol Thoney May 11, 2013 at 1:08 am

Please Syfy pick up this most deserving program!!!! There is so much more of the story to be told.

glavor May 11, 2013 at 1:06 am

We loved this show! Set our Friday night calendar around this so we wouldn’t miss a minute. Hope FOX might change is mind

Traice May 11, 2013 at 12:44 am

I don’t understand that! Why would they leave a cliff hanger of that and just completely cancel it??? Who cares about how many views it gets? It only matters that the people watching it actually LIKE it. That would be like getting x2 viewers!
Plus, it seems that all the good shows get canceled just for stupid new ones. Get this: My friend likes it, and when she found out, she was tempted to go to the station and get it back on air. ITS A FRIKIN GOOD SERIES PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carol Thoney May 11, 2013 at 12:44 am

Shame on you FOX always thinking about the bottom line never thinking about the viewer. Touch is one of the most interesting shows on Television today and all you think about is money. What happened to the entertainment value of a program? It takes time to build a fan base. But you would rather think of the all mighty dollar. That’s the lowest of lows GREED!!! I plan to shop anywhere else but the companies that advertise with you. One person can make a difference and if others join me we can cripple you.

tinainaz May 11, 2013 at 12:37 am

I am sorry to see Touch end. It was one of the few shows I watched. The premise was astounding and the first few episodes thought provoking. Then it descended into violence, power and greed – only sex was left out. I like Mr. Sutherland but his whispering his dialogue was irritating. I hope something similar with a thinking plot line will be tried again. I will tune in and talk it up as much as I did Touch. But if my neighbor is any indication of the average TV viewer, it will go right over her head and she will turn to her reality TV where she feels smarter.

Irma Montemayor May 11, 2013 at 12:31 am

This a great show, good actors and good storyline. I hope more viewers
Will continue to watch to keep the show. Do not cancel!

Sarah May 10, 2013 at 11:36 pm

I hate that they cancel the good shows like Touch but keep on the really bad shows. Why can’t they continue with Touch. It is one of only two shows that I watch faithfully. Guess now I will be watching no shows on Fox since Touch was the only Fox show that I watched. Bad move Fox.

Michael L May 10, 2013 at 11:18 pm

Damn it! I liked the show but I love 24. If you watched the show tonight, there was a sneak peak of Jack Bower in action. I thought it was great!

Diane Robinson May 10, 2013 at 10:55 pm

I dont understand why this show was cancelled..I am so upset this was one show i looked forward to watch i some way it made you feel good … MAde you feel like you had hope

Corey May 10, 2013 at 10:15 pm

Its for the best, there was no where for it to go. Jake still not talking and now Amiliahas lost her power and on top of that there is no one left smart enough to help the father. Great acting, great premise, thanks for a thought provoking show. It’s a shame shows like these go by the waste side.

Momma j May 10, 2013 at 10:08 pm

Very very pissed! Why did I just find this out when I just watched last episode, turned to husband and said I can’t wait till next season…….in so much denial right now!!!!!! This was quality tv focusing on issues needing more attention!

Melanie May 10, 2013 at 9:15 pm

Very disappointed!!! Every time there is an smart, interesting show on TV, it is cancelled. Hmm, what does that say about the audience. The show should have been renewed, if only to give the fans a complete story and closure.

SHAME ON YOU FOX!

Tom May 10, 2013 at 11:52 pm

Don’t blame Fox, blame the American public who decided not to watch the show. This is a business and if a show can’t pull in viewers, it gets the axe. I liked the show, watched it every week, but this is the nature of the beast.

Traice May 11, 2013 at 12:46 am