Touch: Cancelled; No Season Three for FOX Series

Touch canceled, no season threeMaybe Kiefer Sutherland will be available for that 24 movie now. FOX has cancelled Touch after two seasons on the air.

Though Touch’s ratings were on the decline last season, FOX renewed it for another round anyway. They slated it for Friday nights, likely figuring that it would improve on Fringe’s dismal ratings. It didn’t work out that way and Touch has been doing even worse.

The current season of Touch has been averaging just a 0.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 2.68 million total viewers. Those are terrible numbers, even for a Friday night show. Kitchen Nightmares, which also runs on that night, has averaged a 1.1 in the demo and 3.13 million.

This Friday’s episode, titled “Leviathan,” will be Touch’s 26th and final installment. Hopefully the producers have included some closure for the die-hard fans.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Touch has been cancelled and won’t get a third season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

175 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Anonymous says

SAVE TOUCH!!

WHATEVER IT TAKES!
    IT IS A BEAUTIFUL SHOW THAT AFFECTS ME SO MUCH, AND IT NEEDS TO BE SEEN AROUND THE WORLD!

SAVE TOUCH

2. Carol Thoney says

Please Syfy pick up this most deserving program!!!! There is so much more of the story to be told.

3. glavor says

We loved this show! Set our Friday night calendar around this so we wouldn’t miss a minute. Hope FOX might change is mind

4. Traice says

I don’t understand that! Why would they leave a cliff hanger of that and just completely cancel it??? Who cares about how many views it gets? It only matters that the people watching it actually LIKE it. That would be like getting x2 viewers!
    Plus, it seems that all the good shows get canceled just for stupid new ones. Get this: My friend likes it, and when she found out, she was tempted to go to the station and get it back on air. ITS A FRIKIN GOOD SERIES PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Carol Thoney says

Shame on you FOX always thinking about the bottom line never thinking about the viewer. Touch is one of the most interesting shows on Television today and all you think about is money. What happened to the entertainment value of a program? It takes time to build a fan base. But you would rather think of the all mighty dollar. That’s the lowest of lows GREED!!! I plan to shop anywhere else but the companies that advertise with you. One person can make a difference and if others join me we can cripple you.

6. tinainaz says

I am sorry to see Touch end. It was one of the few shows I watched. The premise was astounding and the first few episodes thought provoking. Then it descended into violence, power and greed – only sex was left out. I like Mr. Sutherland but his whispering his dialogue was irritating. I hope something similar with a thinking plot line will be tried again. I will tune in and talk it up as much as I did Touch. But if my neighbor is any indication of the average TV viewer, it will go right over her head and she will turn to her reality TV where she feels smarter.

7. Irma Montemayor says

This a great show, good actors and good storyline. I hope more viewers
    Will continue to watch to keep the show. Do not cancel!

8. Sarah says

I hate that they cancel the good shows like Touch but keep on the really bad shows. Why can’t they continue with Touch. It is one of only two shows that I watch faithfully. Guess now I will be watching no shows on Fox since Touch was the only Fox show that I watched. Bad move Fox.

9. Michael L says

Damn it! I liked the show but I love 24. If you watched the show tonight, there was a sneak peak of Jack Bower in action. I thought it was great!

10. says

I dont understand why this show was cancelled..I am so upset this was one show i looked forward to watch i some way it made you feel good … MAde you feel like you had hope

11. Corey says

Its for the best, there was no where for it to go. Jake still not talking and now Amiliahas lost her power and on top of that there is no one left smart enough to help the father. Great acting, great premise, thanks for a thought provoking show. It’s a shame shows like these go by the waste side.

12. Momma j says

Very very pissed! Why did I just find this out when I just watched last episode, turned to husband and said I can’t wait till next season…….in so much denial right now!!!!!! This was quality tv focusing on issues needing more attention!

13. Melanie says

Very disappointed!!! Every time there is an smart, interesting show on TV, it is cancelled. Hmm, what does that say about the audience. The show should have been renewed, if only to give the fans a complete story and closure.

SHAME ON YOU FOX!

• Tom says

Don’t blame Fox, blame the American public who decided not to watch the show. This is a business and if a show can’t pull in viewers, it gets the axe. I liked the show, watched it every week, but this is the nature of the beast.