Touch: Cancelled; No Season Three for FOX Series

Touch canceled, no season threeMaybe Kiefer Sutherland will be available for that 24 movie now. FOX has cancelled Touch after two seasons on the air.

Though Touch’s ratings were on the decline last season, FOX renewed it for another round anyway. They slated it for Friday nights, likely figuring that it would improve on Fringe’s dismal ratings. It didn’t work out that way and Touch has been doing even worse.

The current season of Touch has been averaging just a 0.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 2.68 million total viewers. Those are terrible numbers, even for a Friday night show. Kitchen Nightmares, which also runs on that night, has averaged a 1.1 in the demo and 3.13 million.

This Friday’s episode, titled “Leviathan,” will be Touch’s 26th and final installment. Hopefully the producers have included some closure for the die-hard fans.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Touch has been cancelled and won’t get a third season?

ade18 May 12, 2013 at 10:38 am

i love this show i always watch it on friday nights don cancell it

Karen May 12, 2013 at 9:27 am

Sad that a great show like touch was cancelled. Are reality shows going tobe the only thing left to watch on TV? If so I’ll pass and listen to the radio instead.

Tom May 12, 2013 at 1:00 am

I enjoyed the show, but I think it should have ended like the Bob Newhart show with Keifer waking up from a coma as Jack and realizing it was all just a dream. Let’s face it there were plenty of 24 cast members that were in Touch and Keifer was acting much more like Jack towards the end of this show then how he started out.

Anonymous May 12, 2013 at 12:42 am

Great show! Don’t cancel!

Laurie Moran May 11, 2013 at 10:15 pm

So sorry to hear it is cancelled- lve this show!

TeeDee May 11, 2013 at 10:05 pm

Best show on the air. I keep thinking Lucy is still alive.

Kathleen Leonard May 11, 2013 at 9:28 pm

Touch is one of my favorite shows ever. It gave the viewer much to think about and talk about after it was over. I really wish that the network would reconsider and have a third season where the the core premise is fully fleshed out and questions are answered.

MaryAnn May 11, 2013 at 9:26 pm

I agree with all of the above comments. Leave it to Fox to screw up when they finally have something decent on TV. Too bad, Touch had an excellent cast. Each and every one of the cast carried out difficult dialog. Those kids are terrific. I guess it’s just too much to ask FOX to rearrange the schedule. Instead of putting it in a “no win” time slot, which is exactly what they did, put it in a time slot that gives the show what it deserves. I agree with Brenda, maybe someone with a brain with pick it up.

Anonymous May 11, 2013 at 8:50 pm

Great show

Dg May 11, 2013 at 7:56 pm

I loved this show. Please do not cancel.
Friday evening was not a good time for show.

Heat Fan May 11, 2013 at 7:10 pm

If anyone from the Fox network is reading these comments, PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL TOUCH!!! Please reconsider! My family loves this show, particularly my 9 year old boy. He begged me to watch Touch as soon as a new episode aired. My son is not autistic, although one doctor diagnosed him with it when he was 4, however, he does have a genius IQ. He, as do the rest of my family, adores Jake.

Donna P. May 11, 2013 at 6:11 pm

I really, really, really loved this show. I love the concept, and I love the cast. I am devastated. I with Fox would change its mind about cancelling. PLEASE!!!!

robert beekman May 11, 2013 at 5:32 pm

The first season was absolutely the best i have ever seen. Truly fascinating and beautiful. The second season was still fascinating, but not as good as the first. still, good enough for me to follow every episode. they are now heading towards the answer of answers. when going in that direction you really have to have a good story. I do not know and will not know if they would succeed in that. Frankly, serials and movies about the answer of answers tend to disappoint in the end. Yet, i had a feeling this time it could have been more…

PurrlGurrl May 11, 2013 at 2:20 pm

I don’t watch anything when it’s actually broadcast, so all of this Russian roulette with nights and time slots is just Ludite thinking. I wonder when the networks will finally tune into the new reality that viewers now have limitless options as to where, when, and on what device they’ll watch a show?

I also suspect the ratings system is equally mired in a mid-20th century world view as well, and no longer reflects actual viewing patterns.

I really liked Touch’s first season. It’s concept was radically changed in the second season, no doubt to try to draw in the macho, action fans who want to see Kiefer Sutherland play only Jack Bauer for the rest of his career. See how well that worked.

Charles May 11, 2013 at 1:24 pm

Terrific show ….. would have loved to watch a third season :(