Touch: Cancelled; No Season Three for FOX Series

Touch canceled, no season threeMaybe Kiefer Sutherland will be available for that 24 movie now. FOX has cancelled Touch after two seasons on the air.

Though Touch’s ratings were on the decline last season, FOX renewed it for another round anyway. They slated it for Friday nights, likely figuring that it would improve on Fringe’s dismal ratings. It didn’t work out that way and Touch has been doing even worse.

The current season of Touch has been averaging just a 0.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 2.68 million total viewers. Those are terrible numbers, even for a Friday night show. Kitchen Nightmares, which also runs on that night, has averaged a 1.1 in the demo and 3.13 million.

This Friday’s episode, titled “Leviathan,” will be Touch’s 26th and final installment. Hopefully the producers have included some closure for the die-hard fans.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Touch has been cancelled and won’t get a third season?

Juliana May 13, 2013 at 8:59 pm

I don’t think it should be cancelled because I could never find it on tv. That show changed my life, please ask me how on my email. It is very important! I bought season 1&2 and I love it Please bring it back.

maria May 13, 2013 at 8:26 pm

PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL TOUCH…..this is a really great show. Great plot…

nate abrams May 13, 2013 at 5:38 pm

I really loved this show. It made me feel better leaving me, the viewer, with positive hope. I know the ratings were very low, but Fox should have gotten behind it more and promoted it A LOT better. The acting was top notch. The stories are believable, and everything about the plot weaved itself into the on going story lines. The only flaw being how complex the story line is. A new viewer couldn’t just start watching and really follow without first going back and watching past episodes. Because of this, I think “Touch ” had a problem growing an audience. We should start a petition calling ourselves Touchies” and see if Fox will reconsider or maybe AMC would pick it up!

Goodbye Jake
Goodbye Martin
Goodbye Amelia

You will be missed!!!

Robyn May 13, 2013 at 2:54 pm

I can’t believe they are cancelling? One of the best shows ever…got the family as well as friends hooked last season.

Liz May 13, 2013 at 1:22 pm

This is a very interesting and thoughtful show. It was buried on Friday night at 9pm. I think it should be renewed and put on on a Monday-Thursday night slot. There is so much mindless garbage on TV..this show was interesting and cuttng edge!

Erica May 13, 2013 at 12:43 pm

What a great show! Never missed it. A really good show gets cancelled while the really bad shows on Fox get picked up again. It seems the masses just don’t want to watch quality TV because they would hate to have to think to watch it.

Rebecca May 13, 2013 at 10:32 am

I will miss Touch. I loved it the first season. part of what killed it other than the delay in putting it back on was the ifusion of what I believe was brainless violence with the throat slitting priest. When you start out with a show with such incredable potetial and ideals and then you dilute it with that kind of action you can no longer expect the viewers to recognize what your original intention was. That is one of the reasons it went down. Also the networks do tend to cancel shows with great potential and inteligence that make one think…Star Trek comes to mind. Boy was canceling that a bif mistake for the network involved. I believe that if they can re-tool the show and bring it back to the high standerds that it started out with they can possibly bring it back and watch it become a real hit. people today are actually looking for and need hope today. I would love to see it come back with glory and I bet there are alot of others who would as well.

Norma May 13, 2013 at 10:26 am

Oh noooooo. I love that little boy Jake (David Mazouz)- he reminds me so of my eldest Kaleb. Please don’t do this to me – I feel like you’ll taking my child away!!!! Fox please reconsider??????

roya May 13, 2013 at 10:03 am

I am Iranian but I see lots off series from u.s.a! and when I see this fantastic film has canceled I get to mad ! pleas fox pleas do not cancel it !
it didnt finished yet it has lots of things that have to finish!
sorry because of my awful English!
i wanna say it again: fox pleas dont cancel touch!!!!!!

Lynn May 13, 2013 at 6:01 am

I am so upset to hear that Touch has been cancelled. I don’t understand why Fox gets a good show and then cuts it off at the knes. I loved this show so much. I’m really mad with you “Fox.”

Ted May 13, 2013 at 4:18 am

Thanks FOX for nothing. Its all about the Benjamins, plain and simple. And the last episode of Touch offered no help in answering unanswered questions. I will stick with Netflix and other programs online. I’ve had too many series that have caught my interest only to be canceled. No more. I’m done with fickle networks.

Lisa B. May 13, 2013 at 11:09 am

I feel the exact same way. I’m so tired of getting into a really good show that has great characters, makes you think, and keeps you wanting more. I was really ticked off when Lie To Me was canceled, and now Touch. Does it always have to be about ratings? How about the die hard fans that love it and stick with it? When one book does a little worse than another they don’t take their book off the shelf!

Laura Lemke May 13, 2013 at 3:52 am

Sorry to see it go, great show keeps your mind working. Better than the reality shows

Sandi May 13, 2013 at 2:18 am

Very disappointed that Touch will not be back next season. As a Keifer Sutherland fan I enjoyed his performance and the concept behind this show was unique. That is why I kept watching. I think the series was mortally wounded by the delay in the airing of season 2. People get caught up in other shows when there is too much delay between seasons.

I wish FOX had wrapped up the series better. AstroCor was caught but too much was left unanswered where Jake was concerned. The finanle felt rushed.

Matthew Kramer May 13, 2013 at 12:36 am

I was hoping for a third season, because there’s so many stories that could be explored. God bless David Mazouz and Kiefer.

Arlene May 13, 2013 at 12:26 am

Sorry to see it end. Shows like the Family Guy stay on and yet Touch gets cancelled. Shows the mentality of viewers today!

Rebecca May 13, 2013 at 10:38 am

Could not agree with you more. That is why I dont watch TV any more; when Touch came on and a friend reccommended it I watched it once and was hooked. They could have handeled the second season with less violence; but still. I am quiting TV again. Like Kirk said beam me up Scotty there is no inteligent life left down here” Yes I am paraphrasing, but alas it is true.