Touch: Season Two Ratings

touch tv show - season two ratingsDespite mediocre ratings, FOX renewed Touch for a second season. Will the TV series’ luck hold out long enough for it to be renewed for a third season — or will it be cancelled instead? We’ll have to wait, watch the ratings, and see.

The second season of Touch typically airs Friday nights on the FOX network. They’ve ordered 13 episodes and the show’s cast includes Kiefer Sutherland, David Mazouz, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Lukas Haas, Maria Bello, Said Taghmaoui, and Saxon Sharbino.

Below are the TV show’s ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Touch is going to be cancelled or renewed for a third season.

Final series averages: 0.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.66 million total viewers.

Episode 02-13: Friday, 05/10/13
0.6 in the demo (0% change) with 2.42 million (+11% change).
Season averages: 0.70 in the demo with 2.66 million.

UPDATE: Touch has been cancelled after two seasons.

Episode 02-12: Friday, 05/03/13
0.6 in the demo (0% change) with 2.19 million (-1% change).
Season averages: 0.71 in the demo with 2.68 million.

Episode 02-11: Friday, 04/26/13
0.6 in the demo (0% change) with 2.22 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 0.72 in the demo with 2.73 million.

Episode 02-10: Friday, 04/05/13
0.6 in the demo (+20% change) with 2.29 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 0.73 in the demo with 2.78 million.

Episode 02-09: Friday, 03/29/13
0.5 in the demo (-29% change) with 2.37 million (-15% change).
Season averages: 0.74 in the demo with 2.83 million.

Episode 02-08: Friday, 03/22/13
0.7 in the demo (+17% change) with 2.79 million (+26% change).
Season averages: 0.78 in the demo with 2.89 million.

Episode 02-07: Friday, 03/15/13
0.6 in the demo (-14% change) with 2.22 million (-15% change).
Season averages: 0.79 in the demo with 2.90 million.

Episode 02-06: Friday, 03/08/13
0.7 in the demo (-13% change) with 2.60 million (-10% change).
Season averages: 0.82 in the demo with 3.02 million.

Episode 02-05: Friday, 03/01/13
0.8 in the demo (+14% change) with 2.90 million (+16% change).
Season averages: 0.84 in the demo with 3.10 million.

Episode 02-04: Friday, 02/22/13
0.7 in the demo (0% change) with 2.51 million (-2% change).
Season averages: 0.85 in the demo with 3.15 million.

Episode 02-03: Friday, 02/15/13
0.7 in the demo (-22% change) with 2.56 million (-29% change).
Season averages: 0.90 in the demo with 3.36 million.

Episode 02-02: Friday, 02/08/13
0.9 in the demo (-18% change) with 3.59 million (-9% change).
Season averages: 1.00 in the demo with 3.76 million.

Episode 02-01: Friday, 02/08/13
1.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.94 million total viewers.
Season averages: 1.10 in the demo with 3.94 million.

Compared to the TV series’ debut a year ago, the season premiere was way down in the ratings — by 72% in the demo (vs a 3.9 rating) and by 67% in viewership (vs 12.01 million). Not good — even for a Friday night show.

Reference point: The 2011-12 season of Touch averaged a 2.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 7.2 million viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like the Touch TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a third season?

Bobby crumrine April 22, 2013 at 5:51 pm

Please renewed this show i loved it!

Bobby crumrine April 22, 2013 at 5:50 pm

I want Touch to return for a third season I loved this show so please renewed it!

Holly April 15, 2013 at 4:56 pm

I love this show! I hope it gets renewed for a 3rd season, but according to the ratings above it doesn’t look good. :(

Olga April 12, 2013 at 10:26 pm

Both my husband and I love this show. It should be renewed for the 3rd season.

Kenny Wilson April 12, 2013 at 10:19 pm

They have to have a third season i watched every episode it is more than just good more than just great more then just of the hook in my book the ratings are off the chart please people get the ratings to go up so we can get a third season. Get everyone everybody neighbors dogs friends family to do so. So we can get a third season

Marie April 10, 2013 at 2:44 am

I cannot understand why the ratings are low for this series. It is not like any other show on. It makes you think. Is that the reason?
I do with they would go back the the original premises showing how people the world over are inter-connected in surprising ways.

Barbara Sutherlin April 8, 2013 at 9:01 pm

My whole family loves Touch and I hope it is not canceled. It requires thinking and paying attention so I never expected it to last long. With Fringe gone now Touch is the only FOX program we watch. If it is canceled I will not bother to watch another FOX show because unless it is trash it will not last.

Silje A April 8, 2013 at 7:42 pm

This is the best Tv show ever. I really LOVE Jake`s character and Amelia of course. Also you have Martin he is such a cool father for Jake. And good to play his character. I hope they Not are thinking about cancelling this TV show. We need a third season.

Linda April 7, 2013 at 9:35 pm

Touch is superior to so many of the drama series now airing. Please don’t cancel. Why not try another time slot. Friday is not the best. It deserves a third season shot!

Luis Cortes April 7, 2013 at 8:01 pm

This series was incredible until a couple of episodes ago. Killing Lucy was a big mistake. Knowing that the death of her character was due to her resignation from the series, really pissed me off. The show has taken some ugly turns since. Avram character doesn’t fit as well with the story as Lucy. Things are happening so fast that it seems Fox is desperate to terminate this series. I’ll be watching my series from HBO, Showtime or AMC. I’m tired of networks axing series so quickly.

Anon April 7, 2013 at 5:10 pm

This show is terrible.. the main characters main line throughout the movie is “JAKE!”. My girlfriend is lucky I watch it with her lol

Amanda Joseph April 7, 2013 at 12:52 pm

I love this show , It inspires me in so many different ways . I hope it has more seasons because these are the type of shows that should be on television. NOT those stupid reality tv shows that are made up. I believe this has the best story of all shows out right now. and it’s paranormal so it makes you think and question if life is really set out to be what we think it is. This show has changed my life in many ways. and i have so much adrenaline just kind of watching it and i can also rewatch episodes in which i do not do. I bet with a little bit more advertisement this show could be bigger then it is… but i love it! i would love to act in that show it would be cool :)

Ruth O'Neill April 7, 2013 at 4:09 am

I think it will be such a shame if it ends after just 2 series, i love it it’s my favourite show

Alex April 6, 2013 at 11:28 pm

This show MUST be renewed. It is unique, intelligent, jawdropping, and emotional at the same time. These past 3 episodes have proven how touching this show can be.

josh shelton April 6, 2013 at 2:53 pm

I absolutely love Touch. I hope they dont cancel it. There are still so many unanswered questions and things. Although I was surprised at Lucys death via Aster Corp it makes me wonder; are things happening to quickly and is Touch coming to an end.